1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/28/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If he did start, I would rather he start for Ariza than for Gordon. Ariza has given us nothing all last year, all preseason and not in this 1st game. Gordon should still start with Harden imho, but be subbed out early so that he can start the second quarter when Harden sits. Most of the time when Harden was sitting in the Lakers game, MDA had Gordon and Anderson in the game. The problem was that he still had Gordon playing SG and Ennis handling the ball, when Ennis has no skills to get Anderson or Gordon clear shots. It would be better to let Gordon run the point when Harden sits because he can beat his man off the dribble and then either score or pass off. A much lessor Harden, but better than anyone else on this team currently to run the point, including Bev.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I just turned down a date to watch this game, what is wrong with me? She wants to get drinks at 8, I said, ahhh sorry Rockets play at 7:30...lol

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't feel like Ariza fits as well with this team as he did in early seasons. Corey Brewer seems like a better fit. I think he runs better on the fast break, though Ariza shoots much better. I'm okay with keeping him, but I don't think he's as good of a fit as he has been in prior seasons.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Lots of PnR followed by more PnR. We need to dismantle them like we did in the playoffs in 2015.

5. FANfrom86toNow

I liked this post until you said anything about Brewer and playing for the Rockets. He is trash as a basketball player on our team. And I like him as a person honestly.

Remlap likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

lol!

He's a bad shooter, we've always known that. We just got spoiled from Dec-July his first half season with us when he turned into a good 3 point shooter until ultimately going back to his old ways. He runs really really well though and I think that's super important this season with our current offense.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I really like the potential of this team. Once the guys get acclimated to each other and the system, this could be a runaway freight train!

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'm done being pissed off. Rockets win tonight.
    Houston 118
    Dallas105

9. FANfrom86toNow

He hurts us on both ends of the court. Can drive off the dribble, shoot off uncontested 3s, and barely finishes on contested layups. Occasionally he gets in the open court for a free layup because he is cheating on defense and we get a steal. He hurts us greatly on defense because he always goes for steals instead of containing his man or rotating properly. He is a net negative for everything he does when on the court. If you only watch him get a steal or a fast break bucket, you will think he adds value. But when you look at his whole game, you will realize that we are losing in every other area when he is out there, and whatever points or steals he gets, he will give up double that.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

damn a ton of action on dallas tonight must have made the line flip. Hou is now a slight favorite

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I disagree that he only gets free layups by cheating. He runs the break like we want him to. He's not the defender that Ariza has historically been, but I also don't agree that he is as bad as you insist. Trying to find defensive stats to determine, but ESPN only shows that with Insider and I didn't see anything on BasketballReference other than that he is nicknamed "The Drunken Dribbler." LOL

12. FANfrom86toNow

I'm sorry, you seem like a really nice person, but I can't have a basketball discussion with anyone that wants to defend Brewer as a basketball player on the Rockets. LMBO. No offense meant to you though.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I know it's difficult to have conversations with people who don't agree with you and question the standard talking points on players. We have who we have and until a trade is made, we have Brewer and Ariza. Looking at his skillset and Mike D'antoni's offense, I feel Brewer adds more than people are willing to admit...problem is he can't shoot threes for dick.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Let's see - Brewer can't shoot, can't finish very well, overplays on D and gives up a lot of points.
    Sounds like the taller, more hyper version of Tyler Ennis
    That's why we can't have them both on the floor at the same time.
    Time to give B Brown some run. Can't be any worse

[​IMG]

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

When he is leading a fast break he is almost impossible to stop. He's so fast most guys can't catch up to him, but you can't just ignore his inability to shoot. In a Dantoni system he becomes a liability. This team will live and die by the 3, if he can't shoot, this team will struggle. Also, he's a terrible FT shooter.

16. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He's a career 71% FT shooter...that's not terrible.

I'm not suggesting he's the answer at SF or that we can hide his deficiencies. I just think his ability to get out on the break is very important in this offense, possibly more important than the 3 for his position. I don't think Brewer not shooting well is going to cause this team to struggle, so long as he does other things like steals, fast breaks, rebounding, and getting energy with the second unit.

18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

You're pee pee made the right choice

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bring Prigioni back and cut Ennis.

Keeping Ennis makes me wonder about Morey's ability to evaluate talent.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how about we trade ryan for nikola "who's a b****" vucevic?