1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/28/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Legit no game is safe this year. Anyone can beat us if we dont keep up our offense. Important to shoot it well every night

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I agree so much with this. We still need to make trades, which I'm sure Morey is working on. We need more 3pt shooters. I would be happy to even replace Brewer with Kevin Martin, he still doesn't have a home, and of course no D.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We really need an interior presence.

I can see why we went after bogut

Remlap likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rick Carlisle is overrated. Kevin McHale out coached him in our last playoff series. Kevin McHale

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That was about the same time Brewer made his last 3 before last night

6. StrawberryJamm

I'm glad Carlisle didn't play that giant Mejri guy, he kills us. Should trade for him if they prefer Quincy Acy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Is it so bad to be trying to develop Ennis? Give the kid a shot. He will be benched once Bev comes backbut lets see what we have in him.

8. rockets13champs

If im morey. I am looking at the sixers big men situation and Nerlens Noel's unhappiness.
    We need a rim protector and Noels game is more polished than Capela. I would give up a first, if we are a playoff team id give the first along with brewer and see if they budge.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't know if anyone noticed the same thing, but I have to give credit to the Lakers for playing a stand-up game and not flopping anywhere near the level of the Mavs.

Barea is the flop master. Bogut is the chief of flopping big men. Good thing Dirk wasn't playing, or their team would've never had all 5 guys on both feet at once.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He's never been a great defender but even Hasheem Thabeet could run past him nowadays. Ryan Anderson would have had a very different game if Dirk was on him.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Isn't 2 full years in the league a pretty good look?
    Seems like we already know what we have.

The BIG question is, why is he the first one off the bench to replace Harden? SMH. . .
    We go from playmaker to dribbler. Offense shuts down.
    I would much rather see Gordo @ PG when James sits and have Brown as SG to at least
    have some offensive firepower and playmaking.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Pretty sure he's out with another knee injury.

Not saying I wouldn't want him and I would gladly give up brew and a first for him but I don't think philly would even think about that.

But you have to seriously be worried about Noel long term now he's young and has messed up both knees now. Not to mention he's raw numbers are good but it's hard to really know how much better he is than Capela because he's been playing on a bad sides team getting to do pretty much anything he wants.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Same.

I'm looking at Noel in Philly.
    I'm looking at Chandler in Phoenix.
    I'm looking at Henson in Milwaukee.
    I'm looking at Cauley-Stein in Sacramento.
    I'm looking at Nurkic in Denver.

It might take a Ariza+KJ+Dekker+Nene+Ennis+Anderson+Capela+Wiltjer combination (not all, but these are the guys. I've learned to not 'fall in love' with players and over rate their value.[Scola, Lee, Parsons, Hayes, ect]), but if we can get a young big that can rebound and protect the rim? Yes please. I'd be excited for any of Noel, Nurkic, or WCS.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would give up any combo of picks/players outside of JH, Gordon, Ariza, Bev and Clint for Noel