1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we green?

HP3, Crashlanded19, Squirtle and 2 others like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

And what would be the point another 5 wins or so and a worse lottery pick. This is a let the kids grow season, period. The Rockets played 2 pretty good teams for a solid 3 quarters with refs allowing them to be man handled the whole game. They are progressing nicely and will be very competitive by the last quarter of the season. They will then get another nice draft class and can start wheeling and dealing for veterans that can take us to the next level. Stone knows what he is doing, Silas maybe not but the jury is still out.

D-rock, dragonwill, randerson and 3 others like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They both are excellent drivers just bad crafty finishers. A eurostep, floater, and a left hand would fix that.

Kpj gets within 2 feet of the basket and shoots a falling 1 foot fadeaway. Bro use the backboard.

hakeem94 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Rewatched the game and KPJ has the potential to be a "professional scorer" type player. It looks like he can't make up his mind on whether to find his own shots or be a team player and distribute the ball. I think if he focused on scoring first, it'll open up the rest of his game to make the easy passes rather than him forcing a play.

D-rock, NewAge, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I had similar thoughts watching game.

But thought I was watching different game than everyone on game thread who blamed Porter for everything from the loss to the pandemic to world hunger.

Same guys sharting on Porter are making excuses for the rooks.

The common enemy should not be a player learning a brand new position, it should be the crappy coaching.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Kind of wondering where's the Silas Appreciation or Experiment thread is. I mean haven't we seen enough...seriously...

D-rock likes this.
  7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Hell to the no

D-rock, hakeem94 and raining threes like this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

That’s OK, they are mocking and ridiculing us for being a sh|t team, but wait till we draft White KD, we’ll see who will be laughing then. Right? Right, guys?

D-rock likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

At least Silas was never arrested for domestic violence. JKidd can go F himself. :D

D-rock likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

On some disrespectful ish, Doncic late game decided multiple times to ISO Gordon by calling for his man to set a screen

Jalen Green, who couldn’t defend him at all in a obviously bad way was still in the game. I’m convinced Doncic chose Gordon because he wanted in game reps scoring late game against an actual NBA level defender.

D-rock, HP3, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

anyone else see the bogus calls on Tate when guarding Luka? I don't think you could do it any better and he gets whistled... lol

cheke64 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That's if he shoots at all. Numerous times in the game last night he could've finished and instead he stopped and threw an incomplete bounce pass that went nowhere.

NewAge likes this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

The fact that we keep the games close or up going into halftime has already blown my mind. I can’t wait until all star break

KPJ will figure it out. He just looks like he’s trying to hard. He looked a lot more free and natural last year as a traded g-league fill in for Wall. I think being given the title of the point is making him over think it

D-rock, Dobbizzle, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

good scrappy loss.

we need to cut turnovers, not rely too much on jump shots. Work on our free throws and just keep getting better.

Y2JT likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The best thing for Silas is to have KPJ come off the bench. Yeah, you run a high probability of getting soup thrown at you, but look how Coach Borrego fixed Lamelo's turnovers.

Borrego instilled his spurs pass offense that has Ish Smith closing out games.

Rockets can't play the Harden offense anymore with our first round picks that are being put in role player positions.

xtruroyaltyx and bmelo like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont know how many times i have to say this. That Spurs/Warriors pass heavy offense isnt for everyone. If you think the offense is bad now, Just wait.

It is time to start the Turkish stud now though.

These kids are 21 and younger and yall are expecting something way sooner than you should.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Should the Rockets bring John back? They need a PG. ;)

Dobbizzle and Os Trigonum like this.