1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need John Wall to PLAY, we would have won the game against Boston and Dallas if Walls played. He does not have to start and he come into the game when Gordon goes into the game. But i'm confuse what this organization is doing!!!! You can still get the young back court 31 to 35 minutes a game and play Wall and Gordon together. Wall can take Augustine minutes.

Dobbizzle and bmelo like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Coach needs to go ahead and get Sengun in the starting line up and have a lot more high post action. We really need to get the ball out of KPJs hands and get a lot more movement in the offense. Jalen is too talented to not have him develop to work on off the ball movement, but he needs an offense that will get him the ball at the right spots.

Man what I wouldn't give to get Rick Adelman back as a coach. He sure as hell would know how to use Sengun.

D-rock, IvanLCPM, Dobbizzle and 10 others like this.
  3. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Lol. I am just saying your expectations are quite high for Wood and especially high with a rebuilding team that he is stuck with at the moment.

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

John doesnt want to come off the bench.

5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Would make sense but the problem is Wall wants to get traded and the Rockets surely cannot afford to play him because he is injury prone.

#965 Magicsaint, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They aren't trying to win this year. They want to develop young players and score another high lottery pick.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Theis is a backup.

Even rotation players can get semi-hot.

First double digit rebound game for Rockets.

Bo6, Dobbizzle and Joe Rocket like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe the plan is to showcase Porter Jr, hope he gets hot, then trade him and reinsert Wall into the starting lineup midway through the season?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So, being there... pretty great game overall, lapses at beginning of the 3rd and halfway through through 4th.

Overall, proud of our guys, but its tough watching without leadership. Gordon does what he can and provides that veteran step we need, but man do our guys need more of a presence on the court. Green needs to step up, not a big court presence and was rather forgettable besides a few moments. Wood, Sengun, and Theis all need to be more commanding around the rim... their tentativeness is too obvious. KPJr was pretty impressive 1st half, but somewhat disappeared. I miss being better. Nite!

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

11. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Decent game. I was halfexpecting we would be blown out. We shot the ball well as a team but it looks like that our weakest link is not just our ridiculouals inexperience up and down - but coaching. We are so young yet i cannot sense that our coaches giving our squad the necessary direction and gameplan to succeed.

Super props to EG, especially to the professionalism he has shown. He couldbe b****ing his way out of the team like beard and PJ did. But he is gutting it out. I love that he didnylt backdown from luka. Other that spin scoop, luka could not do anything against EG. Im gonna miss this dude when hes gone. Rocket legend

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

he ain’t a backup here with Silas tho, and him dropping 15 and 10 only improves his standing in Silas’ eyes

Bo6, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Just keep looking competitive against good teams and punt against bad teams.

The most entertaining tanking teams play spoiler to good teams and throw games vs bad ones.

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

No team is going to trade for Walls if they cannot see him play. There are going to be teams looking at Gordon because how he is playing now but not Wall

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Yes i think you are right.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wonder what these two guys preferred destinations are. Obviously competitors. I hope Gordon can land on a team where he can actually get a chance. John Wall should end up in New York. That franchise deserves him.

18. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

And move Jalen Green for PJ Tucker

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

The confusing part about this season so far is what direction is Silas going in?! His rotation makes no sense. Offensive and defensive strategies are non-existent. Nwaba was the only bright spot in the game and Silas made him mostly sit out in 4th tonight. If rebuilding is really the goal then how is Sengun, Martin, Brooks, Garuba & Christopher barely getting any playing minutes? This seems like it is going to be a frustrating season even from a rebuilding standpoint if this continues.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

There's no think about it. They are definitely not trying to win games this year