1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have to admit I could not watch the end of the game. I had to buffer it on the DVR and flip back to it when it was over....then rewind the fourth quarter and watch after I knew we won. lol

I will say I'm not really happy about how we closed it out because that was losing basketball for sure the way we played at the end. We practically gave it to them. I would have been majorly ticked off if we lost that one. On the flip side, I thought it was great watching the Mavs battle back and then come up short. But, I loved watching the Mavs come up oh so short. They probably should have won that game as it's pretty much inexcusable that Calderon missed two clean look 3s in a row....especially considering he had the highest 3 pt FG% in the league last season. We lucked out. The Mavs were pretty stupid imo for going for the 3 when all they needed was 2 to tie. It seems like they could have drawn up a solid 2 point play but they did the obvious and went to Dirk who we swarmed with coverage. Ideally, they should have had Calderon or someone driving the lane to the basket and Dirk finding the open man....but they chose to kick it out to 3 point land for a tougher percentage shot.

And, what Parsons said about how the Rockets play without Harden in the game is very valid. The ball just moves better without Harden holding the ball and not as much one-on-one style play.

#1921 Surfguy, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is the backup PG on the team when Harden is playing. I do feel he is more likely to be successful as the starting PG. He didn't grab that opportunity when Bev was injured, but I think McHale should try him as the starting PG now.

3. steady

steady Member

Great win. Fun game.
    But those fouls and turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Rockets had 5 TOs and 10 fouls in the 4 Q. Mavs scored 30 points in 4th quarter, 14 on free throws.
    Hope the Rockets learn from this one.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

What do you mean he didn't grab the opportunity? Lin played well as a starter at the beginning of the season when Bev injured himself in game one. He also played decently when Bev injured himself the second time. McHale just isn't committed to having him start no matter how well he plays.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mavs like the Grizz are a hard nut to crack for the Rockets.

Close but good win!

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

HUGE win! A loss would have been a real morale crusher. The Rockets tried to give the game away, but just couldn't do it. If they EVER get their stuff together they are going to seriously kick butt. Now, they play against an opponent and themselves.

Parsons telling it like it is! I have seen him yelling at Harden during the games. He is a leader. Harden is a great player, but he has some rough edges to work off. Parsons is gutsy. Love them both.

7. yummyhawtsauce

Is it just me, or is dallas really bad at defending the drive? Lin pretty much could score 1on1 on any of dallas' defenders. everytime lin got marion on him lin wanted to drive, also vs calderon too.

What is dallas defense vs drives in the paint?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He played very well at the beginning of the season, but he started playing inconsistently after that. He had a good game against Boston when Bev was out the second time, but in most other games he didn't do a good job.
    If you think otherwise, that's fine with me.

9. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Even the SAS game is not a good game? The WAS game? I don't get what people expect out of him.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

apparently, only when Bev is guarding the guy. Ellis hasnt shot 30% or lower ths entire month!! Sure he was cold, but part of that was being out of rhythm, credit the Rocket D for that.

11. steady

steady Member

Best decision Rockets made in the preseason: re-signing AB.

(I know, ... that last minute TO. But he was important to the win yesterday. I like his play more and more.)

1 person likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wasn't his fault, Parsons was the best player for us but he threw that pass really bad and AB managed to recover it from harris but fumbled it.

Yea, I agree he has been vital. TurdFisher said it was a terrible signing and we should have played Canan. Then again, he has the IQ of a watermelon.

1 person likes this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, so two wins against struggling teams with the second one being a win where the Rockets had one of their worst meltdowns of the season and now we don't need our best player anymore? Talk about a kneejerk reaction LOL

14. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

I don't care how bad they are struggling, a win at Dallas is VERY rare for us especially on a back to back its nothing to sneeze at.

15. Sommermärchen

[​IMG]

OMG Dwight i didnt know you like this :grin:

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

a big part of why we won is because their SG didn't go off on us. cough cough our sg and team D wasn't bad

17. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

The main reason we won is due to Dwight going off on Vince Carter. If he didn't pinch his nip, guaranteed loss! Thank you Dwight, thank you for being ONE ****EN WEIRD CAT!

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a great couple of games! I got pretty down after the 2 losses to Memphis, but beating SA and the Mavs back to back is special. What really jumped out at me at Dallas was how Parsons was constantly driving to the basket, as well as hitting some midrange jumpers when his shot from downtown didn't seem to be falling for him. That besides all the other things he always does well. The guy keeps showing us improvement. It's almost scary. The Dallas talking heads couldn't stop singing his praises.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Big timer you wasn't the only down after back to back loses to Memphis. That last one killed a brutha because I just knew we would have beaten them on their home court.

But beating the Sperms and Mave****s made life a lot more better lol.
    Yes sir Parson game is getting better by the day, each year his game progressed big time. Just imagine what his game will be like next season. We don't need a 3rd Superstar because we have him already.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

They really are in love with Parsons and DMo. Dallas would likely trade for those two in a heartbeat. Sorry, can't have them.

1 person likes this.