1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

That's Katanuva.;)

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

you're seeing what mchale wants from his starting pg. piece together all the quotes throughout the year from lin to mchale and this all makes sense.

he wants lin to play lead off hitter - get the team going early, get others going before himself and treat himself as the last offensive option, and play defense. that. is. it.

the rest of the game, he let's lin and bev play their minutes and whoever is knocking down shots gets to stay in the game and close it out. it's obvious that mchale still doesn't trust lin's shot even though he's been shooting pretty well the past month.

they don't want lin to look to score - move the ball like a hot potato is all they want from him and get the ball to harden, parsons, or delfino. and play defense. that's all is expected and wanted from him.

it's a little sad but we'll never see lin develop into what he is capable of with mchale as a coach, since he's already predetermined what lin's ceiling should be and capped it at that.

the saddest thing is - this doesn't help us win. the evidence is there, from the 7 game losing streak to the past few games. we barely beat orlando. think about that for a minute.

now, they could be protecting lin from his ankle injury - who knows. we'll see if this changes as we get closer to the end of the season.

3. trock

trock Member

Good win tonight. Not necessarily the way I'd draw it up, but a win's a win. D-Mo's defense was scary bad, but the guy knows how to score. I want to cut the rookie some slack, but Robinson looks horrible out there. Kinda miss 2Pat. Kinda. Beverley gave great minutes in the 2nd half. I'm starting to suspect Lin takes naps during halftime because he looks like he's still waking up in 3rd quarters. Harden didn't look good for the most part tonight. Wonder how the knee is feeling. Thank goodness for 3pt shots.

4. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

He may not have a chance for the team's head coach next year. See what GM did on the these trades. No respect to MacHale at all.

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Katanuva, kaianainhi, Lin, Rin, they are all the same to me. ;)

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Sure he has...the nice contract. I thinke we all, meaning LOF, was expecting Lin to have the opportunity for this team to be "his" team and to take charge. However, one must admit defeat after the Harden trade that it wasn't going to be the case. New York all over again....minus a point guard loving coach in D'Antonio....Now he's playing along another max player along with a coach who could care less about point guards. If he gets traded, I'm hoping for a East Conference team...or at least not in the West coast....I hate the black outs for LP.:grin:

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Let's be honest here. Non-local fans are usually attracted to a team by players, then most of them become the fans of that team. Players come and go, but the team stays. Still, there are fans following their favorable players around. Nothing wrong with that.

I became a Rockets fan only because of Dream, when I lived in Europe. Dream left for Toronto, and I was fortunate enough to watch him live when I moved to Toronto. I stayed with Rockets, then Yao came, and I joined this bbs, and enjoyed mud-sling in D&D. Yao is retired, then Lin came. I am still here, just not posting as much as before.

But did I really do any harm to Rockets or Clutchfans? There are so many fans are like that. Big ball clubs have many fans over the world, not because of their location or team culture, only because their success or players they are rooting for.

Giving extra emphasis to the team-first or player-first argument is just fruitless. It's not like our preference will change the roster or game plan. After all, every one on this board wants the Rockets team to win championship, whether it's because of the city, or the owner, or players, or even Clutch.

So everyone's interest can only be connected by the success of Houston Rockets.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i know what you mean, stick with hot hand. so who is going to be your starting pg next game? beverley or lin? you can't consistently change your lineup to pray one day your accidentally mixing combination suddenly win all games or hot all times. beverley will not sustain his energy like today in every game. does that mean he is going to stick with lin or someone else?

why do nba coaches like 8-man rotation? because after a month or two, they trust those 8 players will have better chance to win than lose. all of them are going to have up and down, you can't have 15 player in and out to test who is hot.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

As a team or even as a website, the idea is to have as many fans or to generate as much traffic as possible. So whether a member is team first or player first, it's always a plus in my mind.

10. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

this!
    sig worthy, may i?

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

before i say yes, i have a question for you. if i am leaving, are you going to leave too? :grin::grin::grin:

12. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Oh no, that would be the kiss of death. Labelled for life. Better drink some more haterade. :p

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

You have been in CF too long.:grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g8QrKzIlKgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look like Lin and Mchale were having a good time joking around before the game today.

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I'm a known LOF here and I admit it. But, I want 2pat back! I demand that we get 2pat back in the offseason! Get er done Morey. Our team has downgraded since the trade.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

It's all an act everyone knows Mchale hates Lin.

16. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

The matchup issue doesn't work when you're leading. That is, the team in the lead should let the other team worry about matchups. Matchup work in hockey where you can substitute on the fly.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That's what happens when you trade depth for an unproven rookie with a higher upside than the guys we traded.

18. valorita

valorita Member

Some observations...

- we are terrible man amd team defenders except for asik
    - asik can not guard everyone, we really need good defenders at the pf spot, and a wing so that we can have scrubs not go off on us
    - parsons and beverly are capable on D but very undisciplined and take a lot of risks
    - our defensive rotations are non existent. Bad individual defenders can be adequate in a good team defense. We need a defensive anchor and some pride
    - game ball to patrick b for being his disruptive self
    - Dmo has good mixed with the bad, he will learn
    - Robinson has shown me nothing thus far
    - we are still not playing well as a team and are pucky to have escaped this one
    - we need some veterans sprinkled in
    - offense is getting sticky too much with

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Sorry, I don't quite follow. What do you mean?

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

at least you use your brain. it's much better than "i have no idea"