1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No. There is no way to truly prove it either way and you and most others have already made your mind. Nothing would sway you other than a signed confession straight from mchale. Even then would still probably be accused of hating Lin.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Looking at the 4th quarter, what justification was there for taking out Beverly?

3. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I can't believe I read the whole thing. I wasted a part of my life that I will never get back....

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

But, by the same token, what was the justification for taking Lin out in the 4th? I mean remember, we lost the 1st quarter by 1 point. We were up by 10 with Lin dishing and scoring. Hmmm...

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just glad we won a game.. that is all.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You go with whats working genius. Lin has been injured/sick the last couple of games. Its almost like his fans want him to overplay get injured, just so they can blame the head coach.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Man, you guys are trippin' and Karolik is a straight hater. Lin was fine. Actually, Lin played well. His defense was great and he played everything right, though he does need to take over more of the scoring burden with Harden's off like tonight.

Beverley was great tonight and unlike when TD was doing good, Bev still distributes well, so he got some much deserved playing time. Harden was horrible on defense tonight. Really horrible. The d broke down every time Harden was attacked. I hope he understands that we go as he goes, so he better step it up. And I'll hold the coaches accountable for that whether or not posters here criticize any anti-coaching comment as perceived Lin-fanboyism. I still would have put Lin back in in place of Harden, as Bev and Lin played better than Harden tonight, but as long as we get the win. And I don't care what anyone says, after D-Mo starts this season out, PPat (God bless him), Mook, Robinson, all of them will be just a footnote in our quest to make noise in the playoffs. And McHale, please play Lin and D-Mo together more often. Thanks~

Let's murder the Mavs!!!

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I'm not upset at Lin sitting out the 4th to be honest. Players need the rest. I think Harden needs more rest too. It's just that we (at least LOFs), know that the real reason why Lin sat out was not because Mchale was concerned about Lin's health. Most coaches usually run their players to the ground just to get the win, except Greg Pop, that I could think of. Mchale was never high on Lin, that's all I can say.

9. raskol

It is what it is, bro. I feel ya, cuz I DEFINITELY believe that McHale will choose to play Bev over Lin more often in the fourth (deserved or not) here on out and Lin will get the blame as in tonight. If Lin's game today is an indication that Lin will be sat in the fourth, it's basically McHale saying that as long as Bev does well, Lin is expendable and replaceable by any backup (2 backups this year in TD and Bev).

I just don't get how people don't see how well Jeremy is leading the team in terms of offense. I saw McHale there in the corner upset when Jeremy was flying up and down and pushing the offense. I swear, it's just my opinion, but he got upset at Lin whether he did good or not! I swear! As long as Lin cuz doesn't give up the ball to Harden, Lin's doing wrong in McHale's eyes cuz he doesn't trust it in Jeremy's hands, smh. I know Jeremy went out there today like forget what the coaches tell me, I'm gonna play my game and shot and pushed the ball at his speed. And, I swear, unless my senses have left me, McHale did not like it one bit. I can't help but think that Mac and Sampson believe that a Lin coordinated offense is bunk and that they won't see Lin's worth no matter what Lin does.

Anyways, much props to Bev and the team for pulling it out. Bev deserved today's minutes.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I doubt it unless Bev starts playing better than Lin consistently.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Re-watching tonight's game just now, I noticed that Bev did not turn the ball over to Parsons or Harden immediately after he crossed the half-court. What's up with that?

Don't tell me that Bev has a better handle than Lin. He doesn't. Someone please come up with a logical explanation to this observation.

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

The sad thing is, I think we need to tank another 7 game losing streak just to see how important Lin is at handling the ball. Judging by Mchale's clear intentions, it might not be too far off. I mean, we were up by 10, demoralizing the Magic in the 1st quarter...until they sat Lin out, and Orlando actually beat us in the 1st quarter by 1 point. Of course if the team really does do well without Lin, then Mchale would prove his point. I seriously doubt that playing w/o Lin is going to produce a 12-3 record or something like that though. If that ACTUALLY HAPPENS, then I will be swayed into thinking that Lin is just a "role" player like many "senior" members of this forum.

13. raskol

Bev starts the fourth, if he does well, Lin won't come out. I've seen this too often. Now, I would love for Bev to kick butt when he's out there, no question. But my contention is that Lin, unless clearly having a bad bad game, would do better in the long run by far. I just doubt, personally, that Mac/Sampson sees that. And, having a deflated Lin is not good for our team going forward if you think about it.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no one knows. i am confused and frustrated.

i was excited when we got lin. he is very special. he is an attacking pg that we haven't had since francis. he took an average knicks (w/o their stars) to another level and turned around knicks' season. i believed he could take star-less rox to the playoff. of coz, harden's trade changed everything but i still believed he is better than average pg.

unfortunately, it looks like mchale doesn't have any confidence on lin at all. he is kinda forced by morey or les to start lin.(i have same feeling regarding using t-rob. mchale is forced to put t-rob in the game. clearly t-rob is not ready. he should be in d-league). somehow, mchale ignored what lin's strength is and forced lin to play a non-factor role which happens to be lin's weakness.

if mchale doesn't believe lin is s starter, mchale needs to tell morey to trade him. we can't afford 8-mil backup.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I didn't watch the game but Lin only took 6 shots made 3 3/4 from the stripe, Rockets win, but the flooding of the GARM seems they want him out, help me understand? Hotballa guy is gettin on my nerves.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Don't sound so down man, Lin is still averaging 32.8 minutes a game. Maybe having Lin think that he might lose his starting job/minutes would be good for him. He seems to play better when he plays with a chip on his shoulders hence why he does well against former teams?

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin didn't play the 4th because Bev was hot so he needs to be traded according to some.

18. raskol

But let's not go there. I'm hoping Lin will prove his worth to Mac/Sampson but not at the cost of a playoff berth. I quibble over tonight's subbing solely because of past decisions regarding Lin and TD, not in tonight's game as clearly Bev was doing great. I just hope Mac doesn't think that this good strategy going forward as he has in the past, that's all. Most people just don't think Lin's good unless he scores a lot, I guess, Mac included, cuz I thought Lin was clearly a force today.

19. nono

nono Member

McHale most likely won't even be the coach of the Rockets next season. I agree with you though, it doesn't make sense in wasting $8m on what a role which a back up pg can give you.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeremy Lin had 3 points on 1-4 shooting, 0 assists and a turnover in 11+ minutes in the third quarter. So yes, when Beverley came up big in the fourth, it was a big contrast from the play of Lin in the third. McHale wouldn't have been doing his job if he didn't stick with him.

Now excuse me while I take out some of the trash from this thread.