1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 2/25/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2007.

1. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

I'm more worried about if Rafer gets hurt or something in playoffs, what will JVG do? Play Head? No, we can easily see how Head struggled at pg position from this game. How about JL3 or Vspan?? I don't know , I really dont know. I just hope my worries on this point never happen. :(

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

GIVE KIRK SYNDER SOME PLAYING TIME!!!!!!!!!!! please. :)

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope so too. T-Mac will have to play as a PG almost exclusively if that were to happen.

4. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

It's not the same difference. His post is dead on. The only reason Rafer defenders (at least myself) feel th need to start threads defending him is b/c every time we lose posters on this board find a way to blame it on Rafer and JVG.

The thing is, people can't see for themselves so they think they know it all. If we started Spannoulis against Orlando today and gave him 20 or more minutes, we would have lost by around 15 points.

The JVg stuff is just as comical. What a terrible job he is doing leading us to a great record in the West despite losing Yao for 6 weeks (when most predicted a collapse).

I promise you if you took a poll in our locker room (with no bias, as in Rafer wasn't there and e would never hear about it) ever single signifigant player and coach would prefer him to James or some of the other suggestions.

5. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Mike James is not the answer. No thank you.

6. ThaShark316_28

Skip is so valuable to us. Without him...wow...we're in deep ****. I'll say this...its plenty PGs out there better, this is known, but we can for damn sure do ALOT worse...no lie.

About Kirk...I'd love to see him get more PT...He should defintely play more, especially against teams with quick lineups or teams who want to go small against us.

We were fortunate that ORL missed a ton of FTs and that T-Mac got to the line alot...needed that. And our D is gonna get better with time...just a lil bad stretch right now.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

If Rafer gets injured we have no choice but to play Tmac at the point and JL3 come off the bench.

8. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

it should also be pointed out that if most of the rafer detractors had their way our starting pointguard right now would be Mr. Mike "there's no I in team but there is a me, me, me" James; who apparently is having trouble being a starter for the crappy T-wolves these days and isn't exactly known for his steller addition to team chemistry.

Another area where Skip has really improved has been his ability to attack the basket and either finish or make a solid pass. He still has room for improvement, but this to me is more important than him having a higher field goal percentage. I'll take the above his average shooting, don't get me wrong. But I do believe the team can win as long as he is hitting a decent amount of his shots.

Everyone wants an allstar at every position. I know that isn't what you are saying Clutch. You and I differ in that you believe an average point guard would be an improvement over Rafer and I believe Rafer is an above average point guard.

9. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Great game!!! luthers ability to hit clutch shots continues to amaze me! Tmacs 18 footer with few seconds left broke many hearts today and showed orlando what a HUGE mistake they made!! Rafer continues to play hard since the opening of the season but the only difference is in the last 3 game is that he is putting up numbers and hitting his 3s!!! I will not jinx him by saying anything else about rafer! good to see Jake with some PT! can't wait for Yao to come back!!!! I hope we get to finally see the great Tmac and MVP like Yao together playing side by side to show the league what this team is all about and what we are capable of!

10. ThaShark316_28

Who else heard the game on SR 610? LMAO @ Craig Ackerman yelling about how the Magic made a mistake after T-Mac made that 18 footer to basically put the game away...too funny...ROCKETS WIN!

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Kas13 your are not the only rafer defender, I am here to back you up and I was always here! the only problem is that we are the minorities here!

#351 Riz, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  12. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

JL3? sorry no. Tmac? well, he will be exhausted then.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What rocket, posted this line 29 0-4 0-0 0-0 2 8 2 3 0 0 2 0

14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

yeah! the shot that put a dagger through orlando fans heart!!! :)

15. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

let me in, now I know the value of Rafer, indispensable!

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

WMJ is right! we would have no choice but to have JL3 come of the bench and Tmac playing some PG mins!!

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Man, Falsone REALLY pushes Yao to the edge. No wonder the guy has gotten into tremendous shape over the past couple of seasons.

That Yao workout segment is awesome.

18. Sextuple Double

I got your back :cool:

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

JL3? You guys can't be serious. What play making skill have you seen from this guy? Even the midget himself admitted not long ago he needs to get his teammates more involved in the offense.

Bring on VSpan!

20. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

anyone know what channel is the game on sopcast?