1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I was about to take a plane to Orlando until I saw that quote was from last year.

fattz, DeBeards, Tfor3 and 11 others like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Players that can't shoot or defend well?

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s clearly taller than Carter and Jabari

4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Effort was pretty bad, I just thought the Magic wanted the win more. They looked like they wanted to prove they will be a playoff team this year.

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

How to kill any enthusiasm in one night.
    That was bad. Real bad.
    (I guess if you wanna highlight Şengün … and kinda sorta fought back in the third there but obviously all for naught. … 63-62 Magic with 7 minutes left in 3rd)

Rockets lost by 30 to Magic
    Wizards lost by 23 to Pacers
    Bulls lost by 20 to Thunder
    Jazz currently down 15 to Kings
    *shrug*

6. WestendMassive

This guy is either an elite troll or the most delusional person on the planet

7. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Green played like someone who's never been taught how to play winning basketball

I can give Amen a pass for having jitters and playing like dogshit in his first NBA game, but I was hoping to see more from Green

BamBam, kubli9, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What I saw tonight.....FVV 4 of 6 from trey land(great)....5-13 on FG overall. Rebounding...HORRIBLE ! 26 rebounds...Alpy 8,Bari & Thompson with 5,Brooks 4. Thought floor spacing was really not good...AT ALL. Jalen 2 of 10 shooting....Bari 3 of 9 (0-4 from trey), played 26 min.. and fouled out.

Brooks was a bright spot as well with 5-7 FG and 4-6 from 3 pt. range. and 4 RB. We looked a step slow all night. Alpy with a really good game.But, we REALLY need a CENTER. Alpy had some success against the Magic but I don't think that what we saw tonight is consistently sustainable from him going forward. Hope I'm wrong. Shocked that we keep a Boban on the roster (he's cheap though) and not get more from him than a fans call out to get into a blowout game. Surely he would have presented a bigger obstacle for all that inside rebounding the Magic got. I mean 8-10 mins.You can't teach 7'6".

Ime...couldn't tell a lot of difference with his rotations and floor spacing from Silas last year. Bari had a bad night but is back to being just a floor spacer stationed on the 3 pt. line. Ime said he had to help Bari be more than just that. Amen was pressing...first game jitters. And, no ...we don't have a bunch of 1st round busts. This will bear out as the season progresses. Oladipo is wasted space on the bench. Also I think Hinton can get some minutes. There is no way to understate what not getting Brooks Lopez would have meant. JMO. Things will get better.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jabari and Green both played like trash. Jabari showed why Banchero is seen as a generational talent, he got dominated and bullied on both ends of the floor. Green spent all summer working out but seems like he lost all his gains once preseason started.

Both of them need to clean up their act, it's inexcusable Dillon Brooks is the most efficient scorer tonight.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

@fchowd0311 your time to shine

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Yes, the ones that the front office chose with what I assume the approval of the owner.

12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

anyone with a brain know Banchero was the best player, Clutch was one of the ones who didn't want Banchero because of his defs.

palmsnbananas, mario_v and Dredd like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really enjoyed the big scoring run to start off the 3rd quarter. The rest was hard to watch, especially their domination of rebounding, and some horrible officiating on their blatant fouls.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Worst team of today:

Houston Rockets

B-Bob, ramotadab and Dredd like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The signs were there when I saw him bricked all his training camp shots. He was just out their dancing and having a good time. He thinks he's entitled to minutes amd a max contract.

PeterKingX likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think that has much to do with Dallas' lack of defense.

The Magic are capable of beating many teams on any given night, I'm not sure why some people are acting like they are a garbage team?

It was a normal 20 point loss too, it was a bad loss, but its not like the Magic were up 30 the whole night. They went up 30 in garbage time.

ramotadab and AuburnRocket like this.
  17. Dredd

Dredd Member

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

LOL WTF WE LOST BY 30 TO ORLANDO?

I've been out tonight, sorry. Lol but wtf.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Toughness is a big deal to Udoka. When he questions his teams toughness the first game of the season - that’s a big deal.

Some of these players on the Rockets aren’t going to like Udoka much in a few months… adapt or die.

DeBeards, Deuce, anthony59237 and 9 others like this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Because we are really playing hot trash?