1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jabari and Paolo shared rebound and 3pt shooting last season. Paolo being the undisputed better passer. Paolo had a better defensive ranking as well and led ORL in usage by a healthy amount. He also had more contributions to win shares and a higher VORP. "More dog in him" sure I guess. Jalen is probably on par with Paolo last season in terms of usage, output and also in poor efficiency as offensive hubs

Its cool to have fan preferences I can dig it. If the Rockets play team ball and give effort on defense they should be competitive this season. Im watching Jabari take control of his opportunity and start to do things going to the basket that will work in his favor in the long run. Worst case if Jabari is a top tier 3&D player that archetype goes a long way towards winning, but it looks like he wants to do more and Im here for that too.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh. The statistical gap is bigger when you realize Jabari was less efficient than Paolo by a tad bit on significantly easier shot profile with significantly less self creation.

Jabari's scoring efficiency was coming from a role player shot diet while Paolo"s scoring efficiency came from a primary self creator shot diet.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. i3artow i3aller

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"If you look at the stats, you will see who has more dog in him/36 min"

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Really looking forward to this. More than I have for a Rockets opener in quite a while

BaselineFade, Rashmon, fattz and 14 others like this.
  7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

That's XDAWG/36 for the analytics people out there.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I might just become a Rockets fan again. Time will tell :).

9. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

P2?
    You poor loser you...
    Tsk tsk...

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Its only Paolo on that team we should be worried about. I trust Amen or Tate on Paolo defensively. This is where not having Tari hurts us.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like a W against Magic, Loss at either Spurs or/and Golden State.

12. fchowd0311

Magic fans love **** talking about how their young core is superior. I mean they have more reason due to their record last season vs ours.
    Lol he's arguably not even their best player. Franz is arguably their most important player. It's a duo there of two future stars.

don grahamleone and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is not a bad thing at all, Franz can cook and Banchero gets the attention and runs with it.

Wendell Carter to me is underrated, dude is a swiss army knife Center, arguably Top 75 player.

Can probably shoot the middy and the 3. Always thought him and Bobby Portis were good players from the Bulls.

#93 daywalker02, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree that Franz is better than Paolo and will be better in the future. I don’t think Paolo makes it to “star” status in basketball skills. Media darling maybe.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both will be stars......they have all time in the world.....this is likely one of those Thunder situation just not as big.

Or MJ/Scottie.

Where the presence of Franz immensely benefits the development of Banchero who played very well as Center in the World Cup.

17. MystikArkitect

Maybe Tatum/Brown. All Stars and some ECF appearances but just not "gamebreakery" enough to win championships. Jabari is starting to show why he was in discussions for #1 overall. Of all the teams I want to beat this season....Orlando and Thunder are two at the top of the list.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

the offseason is now ova

It’s game day my Be-atches!
    LFG

19. fchowd0311

Thunder fans are high and mighty now and rightfully so with their season last year. But man I would love to shut their mouths about our young guys sucking more than than theirs if an unexpected shift happens where the Rockets end up having a better record than the Thunder this season which I admit is a tall order.

The Thunder are the one team I really really want to have a better record than just for the schadenfreude of seeing OKC fans perplexed on how they were so wrong.

anthony59237 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean Curry and Harden changed the NBA in terms of Offense and Wemby probably will do that on the defensive side.

But none of them were like a brick wall that MJ was in terms of denying multiple other stars chips.....the Barkleys, Stocktons, Malones, Paytons......

The League again is WIDE OPEN!