1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

bc of the double post glitch that has infected the GARM.

Garm double dribble.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

bc of the double post glitch that has infected the GARM.

Garm double dribble.

WestendMassive likes this.
  3. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Starters played an average game, Jabari and Jalen were not good in this one. But the only reason we lost was Amen. He could not do anything right because he was that nervous. At the garbage time he was able to get to the game a little bit, but it was too late. Sengun seems to be even better than last year and plus defender. Few more games and we will be a winning team.

4. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Starters played an average game, Jabari and Jalen were not good in this one. But the only reason we lost was Amen. He could not do anything right because he was that nervous. At the garbage time he was able to get to the game a little bit, but it was too late. Sengun seems to be even better than last year and plus defender. Few more games and we will be a winning team.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ok, so Brooks shut down BOTH Franz and Paolo then? This is why I'm not getting it, it sounds like you're just attributing every make from either player as Jabari's fault. Not how I saw the game. Paolo was not a factor offensively at all, that he got an and 1, good for him. I mean he made the same amount of shots as Jabari who also was not a factor offensively in this game. Franz started hot but cooled down but this was more

You also can't then say they were trying to hide Bari while also admitting that he was either guarding Franz OR Paolo. You don't hide a player by assigning him to a teams 2nd best offensive player and their first offensive player and like I keep mentioning that keeps getting ignored. The starters played well defensively the 2nd half. That includes Jabari. That's how they got the game down to 1.

I don't know who Frank is quite frankly. Looks like a fan that just makes videos on youtube. I don't feel like listening to a 23 minute video of another fan's perspective, nothing against Frank.

Thing is, if Bari is always guarding the first or second option for a team on any given night that means the coaches trust him to do so and that means more nights than others he's going to look bad because he's going against better scorers. I wish Paolo went off actually, if only he went off and every magic guard didn't score at will maybe we'd have a better result.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'd like to say things can only go up from here, but even that's not true.

maypk, fryjol7 and Dredd like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Victor WeBangYaMama looked meh.

VanityHalfBlack and Dredd like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there

HP3 and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

After watching that game last night, I considered changing my avatar to the Rockets logo and changing my signature to "Rockets Only Fan".

10. Dredd

Dredd Member

Dm me your only fans link. — Dwight Howard

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You have absolutely nailed it here IMO. We are have a DYING need for a big man. I can't stress enough what Lopez falling through did to us. I agree Bari or Sengun either one are the answer.

I love both but they are not going to effectively guard good bigs...neither is big enough. And I was shocked to not see Cam until deep in the ball game. A head scratcher. Yes, I pull for Jabari because he went Auburn. I also pull for Walker Kessler and other former AU players. Speaking of Kessler, put a package together and bring him here. Our shooting might solve itself...the lack of the big we need is not going away. It will singlehandedly keep us from getting where we need to go IMO.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You should've said "GARM double drivel". I would've laughed.

Tfor3, 34to11 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U could b a Tari Eason fan or join the church of sengun.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This. I don't get why people always brag Jabari's defense. It's not that good.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Jabari is not who Collins was cooking.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

I know who your imagination thinks he cooked, and just like the rest of your opinions it’s wrong:

maypk likes this.
  18. 34to11

34to11 Member

Normally I would suggest watching the actual game instead of highlights for proper context but here even you clip proves my point.
    Collins had 4 points with Jabari as his primary defender.

So, yeah...

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

So even counting is too hard for you. I had guessed that most of these Sengun haters had learning disabilities and wouldn’t you know it…

#2039 CXbby, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

This absolutely is the most unbiased view of the game I've read. I've not said Jabari has played well...he did NOT. But, he wasn't "cooked" by anyone but maybe Wagner and he had company as Wagner put it on everyone. Throw in Anthony going into the lane AT WILL. My whole point is Jabari didn't lose this ballgame for us.....no single player did.

Defense,TO and poor shooting overall did. I was a Rockets fan waaay before I was a Jabari fan. If he can't get it done, he'll be playing for someone else. I'll still be Rockets #1 and would follow him where he goes. But, I don't believe that will happen. Truth be told...there is the misconception that we got a bum deal. We'll see. But, believe this....our biggest problem is not having a BIG...period. Take some of the young talent we have and go get one..Kessler ? He is making 2.7 mil a year. He brings a LOT defensively.

#2040 AuburnRocket, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    JayGoogle likes this.