1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/6/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 5, 2020.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It was extremely frustrating to completely ignore the midrange. I just don't get it. We avoid it like the plague

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree the Rockets need to close this series out before 7 games, and it won’t be easy. Game 7 with Scott Foster as chief ref is game over. He’s too corrupt beyond words.

3. riko

riko Member

What is wrong with some of you people calling Westbrook names like “ dumbrick” ? He had a off night and it happens but I want the same enthusiasm that you people are piling on him now to have the next game he goes off and gets us a win.

Few things of note that were standouts. I don’t expect Rondo and Morris to be so hot from the field to often .

Davis unfortunately will continue to get his for the rest of the series and unfortunately that is one thing that we have no control over given the lack of size.

I thought unlike game one we didn’t rotate enough on the perimeter and gave them some open looks in the first quarter especially to Morris and few others when the game was pretty much decided.

Gordon, Tucker and Covington were great with House providing a great boost but Rivers was terrible. Passing up shots and making silly decisions.

deb4rockets, D-rock, TWS1986 and 3 others like this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

No they couldn't because he was given so many touch fouls. The Lakers were so aggressive and got away with real physical abuse less some fouls Harden could get.

daywalker02 and Mr. Space City like this.
  5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't normally mind ignoring it. But when Lebron is camping out in the lane or leaking off of his man to defend the middle all the time, you aren't going to get an easy layup, even when you get passed your man and then the kickout becomes tough because all the defenders are out on their man and no one has collapsed the paint. Far easier would be getting past your man and pulling up from FT-line area for an easy 2.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’ve been here since 2013. You know nothing about me. Just because I hold Harden to a high standard like Kobe or MJ doesn’t mean I’m a Harden hater. Go look at my post history clown.

Jimmy Chase likes this.
  7. sungjina

sungjina Member

This!! There was a play where House was wide open left of the key and instead of taking a mid-range shot he kicked it out to a teammate resulting in a bricked three point attempt.

Rockets need to utilize the mid-range game too because AD, Lebron and the rest of them are starting to pack the paint.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

then, in order to protect foster n keep him staying away from the kinda accident, i bet silver gonna allow him to be picked up by business helicopter for officiating....lmao

9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Didn't think about that. Yes, Scott Foster will almost certainly be assigned to either game 6 or 7. That plus LeBron would be too much to surmount. Depressing to think about. Add being stuck with Westbrook to that.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ embarrassed himself tonight...ever since he’s come back from the injury, he’s looked like a 6’3 Giannis

Why don’t they position Russ at the free throw line when Harden is getting doubled? A few dribbles and he’s at the rim, or he can play the Draymond role and find shooters and cutters off 4 on 3 situations. 7 3 point attempts should never happen.

jcmoon, haiti_king, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

People forget that the 1st game was also close up until the 4th quarter. It's obvious what the Lakers defensive scheme is going to be. Will Danandtony/westbrick be smart enough to adjust? I'm overly cautious now because of their history but they really need to realize what's at stake here.

12. MystikArkitect

"Yeah we get mad at them if they pass up an open shot"

"What about a midrange?"

"Kindly leave."

13. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

Not to worried about this loss.
    We will bounce back i have faith in our team specially after not quitting being 21 down.
    We need Russ attacking the basket when they double on James

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That was not the case pre-pandemic. I know it was a long time ago (6 months) but we need to get that Russ back. He has always been wildly erratic, but not nearly this bad.

I thought Russ had worked whatever was bothering after that excellent 2nd half of game 1, but I guess not.

15. Rocketeer4Life

Is Westbrook our lu Dort?

16. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

This loss is on D’Antonio. When we went up by 5 after the House basket in the 3rd, Lakers had that look of defeat in their eyes; A 20 point lead, coupled with WB’s atrocious plays they are now down; seemed like we had them on the ropes! Then Russ comes back in and that’s all they needed to regain confidence! The coach has to recognize that but I guess this is what a players coach does.
    Pop would have benched WB after the 1st Q and we win this game easily.

I agree, since Russ is still the fastest player on the floor, just have him be the primary distributor like Draymond, run cuts for him to the basket where he does not have to dribble into the lane, and get him some alley ops.

WB said in his post game interview that he was just running around trying to figure out his role to be effective. If he is not being coached In a ways that maximizes his strengths and being asked to be CP3 on the floor, we will lose a very winnable series.

Btw The Westbrook midrange used be unguardable and automatic. What happened to his mechanics ? The rotation on his shots look really bad. I hope they figure it out quickly.

amaru, jcmoon, Theking and 1 other person like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im about to be that guy: The worst of CP3 would have one this game

amaru, pahiyas, houston19519 and 3 others like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised,

This is the guy we were delighted to see in the playoffs before he got here.

Westbrook screwing his team with stupidity was/is money in the bank.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  19. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Westbrook simultaneously increases this team's ceiling and decreases its floor. Not surprised but I know Russ will make adjustments and come back better. He was awful in this game.

amaru likes this.
  20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Westbrook my goodness.
    What I would give for John Wall right about now