1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/6/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 5, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would have to see what we give up.

The reason we lost wasn't only that.

You could clearly see that LBJ and his men were aggressive and determined this game, not the 1st game.

And they played above the rim, you have height, you play above the rim, it's that simple.

PJ and the guards trap you and take charges, you run into them earlier from the half court line onwards.

They ran alot more and mixed it up in pace.

#1401 daywalker02, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Let's be honest, folks: who do we trust more to bring great production on both the offensive and defensive end: Harden/Westbrick or Bron/AD? Not sure how the Rockets are winning this series unless they're as lights out from 3 as today with consistent Westbrook production in 3 more games...

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Rockets are winning no game 7 against LeBron. Guarantee that. Better hope the Rockets are streaky enough to win the series in 6.

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Why no confidence in McLemore ? What did he do to push himself off the court ? Nothing that I'm aware of. You are right on sitting WB...guess MDA finds it hard to sit a superstar. Space, I just have a feeling that Jimmy needs more like 32-35 range(or better) for us to go where we want to go. I think we can beat these guys but don't love our chances if they can effectively take the ball out of Jimmy's hands. We go as Jimmy goes I think.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  5. Caprah

Caprah Member

You are out of you’re rocker. We looked better every time Westbrook sat. We looked better when Westbrook was out of the Okc series with Gordon as the second option like tonight. Harden goes out of his way to get russ the ball. Way to much like tonight.!

Russ instead of attacking off the harden doubles settled for the three to much. Gordon however attacked off the doubles and also hit his shots. There is a reason why they leave him open.

When Russ attacked the rim he turned it over. You clearly have an agenda.harden plays off the ball with Russ a lot. You see the first? They were giving the ball to Russ and you see how bad the results were? We made our run when Russ sat and harden started controlling their offense.

#1405 Caprah, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    BasketMAD, everyday eddie and ak99999 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Those are the main reasons tonight. Russ had 7 turnovers, he had 7 turnovers in the game we lost against OKC. We turned it over way too much. Lebron didnt do much better than he did last game. It's not that much scoring out put that he's putting in. I woulndt count on LA shooting that well again. We wont either but I trust our shooters WAY more than I do theirs.

Like the height wasnt the main reason we lost either, they had the same number of offensive boards we did. With Lillard in we would have all time great spacing. And our offense would be so good we would not need amazing defense.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This team will not go far if one of your stars is shooting 33%, committing 7 turnovers. Russ 13 rebounds is nice, but this was a winnable game after a horrible start.

Russ knows he fuvked up.

ak99999 and bulkatron like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Foster wasn’t going to let us win this one. I never expected this to be easy, and it won’t be, but we could have won tonight despite Foster.

Westbrook had a horrible game. If he had had even a decent game, I think we take this one. They did a good job defending Harden, and James still had 27.

House should have taken more shots. Westbrook ignored both him, Gordon and other guys far too often. His turnovers were an absolute killer. So were his attempted threes. I groaned every time he took one. We were crashing the offensive boards, including Russ, but instead of passing out to shooters, he’d stumble into a crowd and turn it over and over and over.

Gordon had a great game! So did Tucker when he was on the court. Foster made sure that he got 3 quick fouls. PJ only played 34 minutes and in this game, he should have played 39-40. Covington was very effective. I think Green’s legs (and some years) finally let him know that he’d just finished a 7 game series and game one. Plus, he got a flagrant foul to his nuts by Davis, no whistle, of course. Davis was fouling guys left and right, as was LeBron, both rarely getting called for them.

Our defense didn’t match game one’s effort. Tired legs had a little to do with that, in my opinion. We keep playing every other night, but so do the Lakers. No six day rest for them now. Our guys have to catch their breath, hit the ice and the whirlpools, study film, and adjust our game plan before Tuesday. Someone, like James, needs to have a little chat with Westbrook.

We can win this series and I expect us to.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Lebron worshipping is back he must save the league since the freak is hurt........makes me want to throw up

10. AuburnRocket

Not only the number of fouls on us but WHEN were they called ? Some absolute backbreakers. Hit to the nuts, play on...no problem. We literally can not touch LouBron and AD while they can punch us in the nuts.

deb4rockets and jcmoon like this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Can guarantee we don’t “have him shoot 3s”.

That’s all on him.

He got the ball with no guy within 10 feet of him several times tonight and decided to brick a 3 or turn it over.

There was a point this season where he was catching the ball off of doubles and was a freight train to the lane.

Now he catches the ball off a double and we are lucky if he makes the right play 1 out of 10 times.

AuburnRocket and HP3 like this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

when harden sits and russ is running the team bad things usually happen

HP3 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but height helps with reminding you what you in this case they have.

Rebounding hard, have confidence and no arrogance and stay aggressive.

Kuzma played pretty well, he was super explosive and fast in transition.

He needs to be consistent for them to have a chance.

HP3 and DeBeards like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

i thought anthony davis made a ton of tough shots tonight,

if he can win a series with contested turnaround mid range fadeaways. i'll live with it.

defense on lebron could've been better.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. Caprah

Caprah Member

Dude is probably a harden hater so he puts a harden avatar so no one can suspect what his agenda is

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm, I'm not too worried about their shooters being consistent.

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lakers made their shots down the stretch and they were tough and contested. Kudos to them.

WB shouldn’t be allowed to take a shot that isn’t in the paint. Somebody said it he’s basically Dwight Howard in a guards body.

******* Dort and Rondo are better shooters...

hakeem94, BasketMAD, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  18. AuburnRocket

I think what we are missing with Russ is his move to the basket is what he does best....PERIOD. His first step, quickness. He has been settling for jump shots and 3's. Do what you do best man !! I was surprised that the refs allowed Rondo to be as physical as he was able to be with Jimmy. They are certainly not allowing that on LouBron or AD. Rondo is a pure punk .

ak99999 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but they did produce 37 or 38% from 3 against Portland so they can shoot if they are forced into it.

Their inside game opens up the long range much like what Harden's penetration does for those 5 out shooters.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Im cool with 37-38%, they shot 44% tonight. They'll lose. Im very comfortable with them shooting the three ball, we shall see.

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.