1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/4/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Me too, man. We have tons of great Chinese people on here that love what we do. It's too bad the government gets in the way of things for their freedom of choice in this way. I know their government is trying to do what's best, but a lot of what they do is also about preservation of themselves rather than the great people of China. I think @Roomba watches no matter what. That guy is awesome. All their fans are, really. Whether they're for us or other teams. They love basketball just like we do. I'd never go against what Morey did because I believe in freedom of choice and free speech. This censorship feels like that.

I hope VPN works for them!

Roomba, Landsdale, joshuaao and 11 others like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I got used since i was teen watching TMac rockets through chinesse streams with the image quality of a fridge

Roomba, MGC, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Love it

saleem likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME, then you deserved this
    [​IMG]

Roomba, Deuce, Dgn1 and 9 others like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Russell Westbrook looked explosive at times today

6. JW86

JW86 Member

Alright, so let me start by saying I am very relieved we won because I woke up here in Europe and got a notification about Vernon Maxwell's tweet which read that the game is so soft now. I was so sure this referred to the Rockets losing and maybe having someone thrown out the game or worse: a late weak call against the Rockets, losing a tight game. On the plus side: I was not that nervous watching the game and just waited for the Lakers to maybe take the lead or something to happen, but we kept attacking and making great defensive stops that it just never felt out of control.

That 3rd quarter was 2nd game in a row owned by Westbrook and even more so than last game. He was fired up! He didn't let getting blocked by Lebron bother him at all, though that first one he should've passed off to Gordon. But man oh man, did he play great and Harden just brought attack mode from the start and didn't let up. He looked to drive a lot and not settle for those long threes, at least not that much. Gordon also drove relentlessly, Rivers finally had a solid game - though Mark Jackson said he played well before game 7 LOL - Green drove and kicked and I saw some attacking by RoCO as well.

As well as we looked on offense and even mixed it up with some Harden post-ups, finally and him getting some floaters, we can still improve greatly, but our defense: amazing. They got so frustrated by the lack of calls, started to whine and just QUIT and let's see if the media crucifies them for it. Harden would've been roaster to no end. I do believe we had the advantage as the team that rests rarely look better, though the media always sells it that way as if early rest gives them the advantage. And of sure they will spin this so the Lakers will be excused. I do think as is generally true, that Lakers will come out firing and wouldn't be surprised to see an AD / Lebron going for 30/40 and winning Game 2.

Still, none of this matters if the Rockets keep playing their game and take advantage of double teams on Harden and giving us space inside with their arrogance of having bigs that are waiting for our guys when we drive. They simply cannot stop us, IF we keep playing like this and not go back to shooting 50-60 threes at all cost. We only shot 39 threes and was also key since it showed we adapted and looked at what their defense gave us. We took it to them no doubt, but did not fall into the trap of just settling.

Lakers will be better, you know that, but I felt positive before this series started that we could win it in 6 games and that hasn't changed. We can also be better and the main thing I like to see is Green getting involved more. Put even more pressure on their bigs by putting him in the pick and roll, pick and pop, but cannot be mad at all at this game when they didn't force anything. We just looked poised and ready, just picked our spots and executed. Easily best game of the play-offs to me given how it was not reliant on threes and given we're the underdog.

That 3 by Westbrook to me was the play of the game, since it felt really over by then and was over AD. That dunk by Harden and block by him and RoCo on Kuzma were also great plays. Gotta give a lot of credit to Tucker though, nailed his first two threes and just played amazing defense to slow down anyone in front of him.

Roomba, joshuaao, hakeem94 and 8 others like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

That post is 9 years old

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. don grahamleone

This makes me so happy.

Roomba, bro2044, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ok so now they compare us to blazers lol how tf can you compare top2 western team of last 3 years to barely got into playoffs blazers? Harden is superior to Dame(hell even healthy WB might be), CJ is more of a Eric Gordon than MVP, Melo couldnt make our roster.... Magic is right lets see what ESPN stans come up with when we knock these ****ers off

D-rock likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

Perhaps MDmA is actually just a genius and doesn't need others to make him look that way.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

When Eric Gordon fires, we are nearly impossible to beat

kevtse, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 12 others like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's why Rockets are the best defense in postseason, it's so easy to get to rim against us.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

with the non-fixer ref crew king harden actually got some of the normal calls any other player would get. by the 4th Q i had to wonder if the roundtable script writers of this rigged fuking league aren't just wanting to manufacture drama w/ the underdog up -- making this an even more compelling (and longer) series for casuals to follow.

....and now they bring out Brothers & Goble for game 2? we've seen too much fukery from these league office whores over the past few years to just assume that we'll be able to dispose of the fakers fair & square. surely silver is not going to let them go down 2-0...

desihooper, clos4life, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I’m proud of our guys. They gave the Lakers a through thrashing!

We have a template to beat them. Obviously, they will readjust and have the refs in their corner, but we can go up 2-0 and put tremendous pressure on them.

Don’t let up! Go for 2-0! You can win Houston Rockets!

D-rock, RayRay10, vlaurelio and 4 others like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Question is where you there during the whole Corona saga in January?

Tough life, respect. Evacuate expats.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Is it me or is this lakers team just not that intimidating? They feel like the cavaliers with laker jerseys on. I think the rockets were more concerned about cp3 and company

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the entire duration of the bubble broadcast on intl league pass so far, every single deadball they play something lebron/davis related. this fakers team has been all hype all year buoyed by refaid

D-rock, RKREBORN and clos4life like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The lakers didn’t look right. Their defense is too slow - there were tons of open shots for the rockets no matter what d was thrown at them. Their offense is stagnant and slow too - rockets quick “zone” help D is giving all kind of problems. I thought Rondo ran the best O for them. The way the Laker played last night was somewhat similar to how the Thunders played their first game last series. I’m guessing the Lakers is going to play AD at center, add another guard and play AD more at the 3 pt line to give Lebron and other guards more space to operate.