1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/4/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

**** them lakers. Lets go they are mental p*****s i have a feeling our mvps will go off on them

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Watching how Boston lost a game on a last second shot by OG puts in perspective how great was Harden's block. Boston missed the opportunity to nearly put the nail in the Raptors' coffin with a commanding 3-0 lead. Instead, that series is now a competitive 2-1. We move over while CP3 and those pesky guards are going fishing, literally.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These bubble playoffs start getting real.

MDA expanding the roster.

#125 daywalker02, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Mazulis, RayRay10 and bmelo like this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We are going to need Eric Gordon to be the old EGawd. The 3s will be wide open because the Fakers don't defend the perimeter well at all. I think we will see the resurrection of Benny Mac for this series. Like Gordon, Benny Hill Mac will plenty of opportunities to score from the outside.

The Rockets should be pretty loose for this series. By all means, drive to the hoop if the lane is open, but just let it rain from the 3-point land. It's the strategy we use to beat them the last 2 years.

BigMaloe, D-rock, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

WHOOOO!!! LET'S FUKKIN GOOOOOO!!

It's game day baby! Bright lights, big stars, no shot? No shts given. WE THE MOST HATED! Its always been HTOWN vs The World so lets just fk the world!

The 3's are gonna fall like rain tonight boys (and girls) .. lets go dance in the rain!!

We Back!!

BigMaloe, deb4rockets, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  8. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

LaBrenda will cry tonight.

deb4rockets, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

HELLL YEAAA!!!!!!

HTOWN fixing to rip some souls out tonight.

Russell westbrook == Laker killer

I fully expect our MVPs to stun the world! We fixing to rewrite legacies after we done with them. Rivers gonna get paid. PJ gonna get paid. House fixing to blow up. Jeff green gonna hit that three. Ben mac gonna shine.

BigMaloe, D-rock, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you replacing Tilly and pay them?

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

In this series our Gs should give the lakers problems, like OKC Gs gave us due to the matchups. James cant let any of their Gs hold him back in this series (they have no perimeter defender close to Dort). Not even Bron can stay in front of James. We need to score score score, to force LA to have to keep up with us by trying to shoot a lot of 3s. We have to make Davis work for his shots so that late in the game he comes up a little short. I think we have the wings to keep Bron from just driving in getting layups when he wants too (portland had NONE).

We have a shooters chance in this series. If we make close to that 40% target from 3, we can win this series.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

D-rock likes this.
  13. AstrosRockets1818

Kane Fitzgerald tonight. I’ll take it.

D-rock likes this.
  14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I don't know if we are being naive, but I have a good feeling. Regular season battles were tight and we were always throwing them out of what we do.

Let's keep the role players cold. Kuzma, Javale, Dwight, those guys should not be producing anything.

15. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I was against OKC from the seeding games as I thought that they will do good against us and they did. LAKERS? Nope. We will do great against them now that they dont have bradley

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's hard to predict how this series will play out. I could easily see either team winning it in 5 or 6. I don't think this series will go 7, but who knows. Davis and Lebron will likely get theirs, the key is going to be preventing guys like Kuzma from dropping 25-30. McLemore should get some run because of matchups. Russ and Harden have to play well, and I expect they will. If Covington can continue with his hot streak that would be huge.

jcmoon, Hakeemtheking and daywalker02 like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Here we go. No Foster or Brothers. Lets get this W Rockets and start this series off right

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

I have come to really hate Lebron James. I want him to lose. He is an outspoken buffoon and the most fake "woke" guy on the planet. I hate everything he *thinks* he stands for. Everything he says and does to try to sound popular is just to maintain his image and fatten his wallet. He's a damn fraud. Eff Lebron and for Daryl Morey's sake I want the Rockets to wipe with the floor with these asshats. I'll never forget LeBron calling out DM for speaking his mind, when all Lebron does is speak his mind and wish to be heard. He was anti "Shut up and dribble" but essentially told DM to "shut up and GM."

End rant/ Go Rockets!

D-rock, Plowman and jcmoon like this.
  19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Not sure how we are going to deal with their sixth man of the year candidate ... when he does show up ..

[​IMG]

Mazulis, slothy420 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its loosey goosey time! Apparently "everyone knew" that the Rockets would advance over the Thunder so the Rockets played tight.

Nobody is giving them a shot vs the Lakers so Im hoping they just play loose with house money.

Lets shoot 60 3's tonight .. why not?