1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is very interesting. Good stuff! I'm in to numbers universally.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ride with our squad to the end fellas! Rockets win today by 4 points!

3. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

If the rockets have any heart, any balls, any manhood , any goddam pride , they will come out with a win..

You just can’t lose 4 in a row..
    save us the humiliation and just forfeit if you’re gonna come out like crap again.

B-Bob, bro2044, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it will be curious to see if rockets are checked out or not.

unless rockets can fully blow them out it will be interesting to see how they respond when lakers play well in this game. will they fold? hasnt the theme always been interest for rockets? dont try then try..live on edge. well here we are again and it will be curious to see how they walk that line..if history is any indication we might be up for some real edge of the line stuff these next 3 games. for you resident sadists this is peak orgasm!

if im fern t*** im looking at what players are in it or not.
    sure 3 - 1 sucks but this is the closest we will be for a while and harden and westbrook hopefully have enough pride.

sometimes all the pride in the world cant stop a talented play from ad or lebron. again its poster boy lebron (perspective people!) so cant be down on being one of the last teams standing ..the lakers are league favorite..the sky isnt falling all the way.

all that said this laker team isnt great either and true legend westbrook and harden if they are legend can pull 3 wins.

now do I believe all that? i dont know but I feel like you might know by first few minutes.

i would not be surprised at all if rockets won next 2 and only to lose game 7. that would be their dumb irony. even better if because of foster.

does the team get altered in terms of roster and coach significantly based on 1 game today? if its a blowout and rockets look lifeless is it more likely the team changes big time? many of us were onboard with getting barkley when we got beat up by sonics so badly in playoffs. what if cassell and horry hadnt looked so lifeless?

i think you cant be too reactionary and you need to look at short and long term.
    with that in mind you keep westbrook unless you can get an impact player for him. trading for assets/picks would be a white flag..harden would want out rightfully so you have to trade for a player if you do

it sucks we are likely to lose in a 3-1 situation yet I also think it is a much to do with our covingtons and houses as much as their rondos and carusos. here we are against best team in league yet if we had a reddick type or some sort of rebound defense machine how far off might we be?
    while their caruso is missing his sister wedding, our house is trying to run poon and ruin the whole deal. that plays into it..

in the 50/50 of role players in playoffs think about the distraction that is the house situation let alone them not shining. no excuse but that cant help. so here one reddick and stupid house situation away from the title? and yet blow the team up? what will that do?so we can be the perpetual hornets and twolves?cmon man dont be a loser!

its all perspective and if we lose dantoni i wonder what becomes of the offense.

this is not 8-8 or 9-7 texans perpetual mediocre.. we are talking top 4or 5 in nba..that is not easy to do and again blow it up does nothing either.

of course if harden and westbrook have on their hawaiian shirts in 1st quarter i dont know ..its tough to overlook that and i see what the blow uppers are saying but you are talking top 5 player in league in player driven league..you better get back an all star!

im down for same westbrook harden team again next year but with better role players. or you lose westbrook for someone big..i cant see a scenario where you trade harden.

shout out to the druggies that live on that basketball edge. it was such a rush in those title runs only to ejaculate orgasm and win finally..that fleeting feeling is back.. i can feel it.. and i felt it too when rockets came back 3-1 against clips...yum

[​IMG]

BigShasta, RayRay10, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  5. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

26 is not enough for Harden. He needs to aim for 40. Be truly unguardable and the best player on the court. LeBron will be trying to end this series. Let LBJ know The Beard is here to stay.

Harden - 40 +13
    Westbrook - 22 +2
    Gordon - 18 +9
    Covington - 15 +13
    Tucker - 9 +9
    Green - 9 +2

HP3 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'll play the 4 guards lineup with Green.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My goal at this point is to not get gentleman swept like Portland.

But at this point this goal feels quite lofty.

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

ROX better channel some POP into their life tonight and treat the Lakers like some stray dogs instead of just spreading their cheeks, grabbing their ankles and holding their breath. SMH. Man I thought James and Russ being from COMPTON would kinda rub off on the team, but I've seen Russ punked and disrespected on the court with no response and well James is basically just a hippie playing baskeball so yeah. Lets show some fight!!!

[​IMG]

HP3, FrontRunner and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

HP3, RayRay10, Verbal Christ and 3 others like this.
  11. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Mike Breen and JVG... got the A team tonight! Breen is probably my favorite play by play. He and Harlan are definitely at the top these days.

no brothers or foster, no excuses. Better come out with fire and play hard, like the end of game 4. With the Astros looking like ****, can’t afford the season to end tonight. Let’s gooooooo!

12. psaman17

psaman17 Member

This is the last game of the season so hmmmm.... enjoy?

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Sounds like the NBA is conceding this game to us. Funny how that works with the refs. Good chance for JVG to scout his new team tonight.

14. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Cmon NBA let’s make this a 7 game series.

B-Bob, hakeem94 and desihooper like this.
  15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Can we please shoot 55 -60 3 pointers in this game?! If that’s the way we’re built, stick to the design and run back on D. LA is gonna and has turned this into a half court game... Harden’s slow down has played right into their hands. Let Westbrook free do everyone else will speed up.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Haha right!!! Not necessarily up to the teams anymore. Lol!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the love of Christ stop talking about what you are going to do in game 5. “Going all out. Going down swinging. Pushing pedal to the floor. Etc...)

F’ing Austin and D’Antoni giving LAL all the bulletin board material they need.

Just STFU and go do it.

#97 RudyTBag, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I concur.

I want to see Bruno.

And more BMac.

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I really hope we win, but I can't remember the last time I cared less about a playoff game. What a bummer.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member