1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 5/12/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafikingkong200

rafikingkong200 New Member

The refs will be the key.

Yao, is not there. NBA would like to watch Laker vs Cavs

so, I think have no chance to win the series

2. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

Jack. It. Up.

- Rick

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Kobe WILL go off, homecourt, fans rooting them on, expect the Lakers to go off again like in game 2, score 35-40 points again in 1st quarter. Kobe will be almost unstoppable, Battier will have to be sooooo good tonight on defending him, he will have to annoy the hell out of kobe and frustrate him, he will have to get in his head somehow.

As everyone stated already, turnovers need to be limited, that means no lazy passes, they need to be aware of their surroundings, players need to warn each other if another Laker is sneaking behind to get the ball..

We need to continue to out play them and out hussle them on the boards, loose balls need to be secure RIGHT away, they need to pretend every looseball is may result in the game winning bucket

Defensive strategy against kobe needs to stay the same, trap him, we need to continue giving battier some help on the other side when Kobe drives..keep him from getting his free throws.

chuck needs to just focus on not givign Gasol his position, become an unmovable fire hydrant and make him have to make long hooks hots and jumpers that are contested.

Artest will be huge, if he isn't making his 3s, he needs to stop taking them, he is either on or he is off...if he is already 2 -9...than he needs to only take it to the whole. No 3s.....

Brooks needs to continue and be aggressive, they can't keep up with him no matter what, he needs to keep moving, dont stay still, he will lose them eventually...

4. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

LA is not that team that everyone is afraid of.

If we keep our emotions under control play good team ball, take good shots, and hit our threes we should just be just fine.

As long as we have a lead going into the fourth or its a close game I think we have all the tools to win this game.

Denver will be tough for LA or Houston.

Denver is that team that no one is paying attention too but they are really good.

5. tutu_boston

tutu_boston Member

This is going to be a tough game.
    Rockets win by 3.
    Von Wafer is due for a good game now.

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

That's just the way how I see it too. Lakers will close out this series in six.

7. lalala902102001

The key to this game is to get to a good start. This is the only way we can win this game. You can't play catchups on the road against a team that will be highly motivated. If we get a lead early on we put pressure on the Lakers and that team will crumble under pressure as this is a must win game for them.

8. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

9. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

10. ThaShark316_28

A win tonight, and this series is OVER.

Rockets win, 110-108 in OT.

Rockets lead series, 3-2.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

It's time for Mr Bryant to start missing some of those contested jump shots. Shane, make him a volume shooter.

We need Artest to be on his game tonight. I hope he gets more touches in the paint, I would like to see Adelman get him to be like he was in his sacramento days. That would give LA trouble.

Keep shooting AB and Shane, we got to have ya'll making some 3s.

Scola, a 15 and 12 game would be real nice from you tonight.

Landry, Lowry, and Wafer we need two of you to give us solid games. Our bench has to outplay theirs again.

Chuckwagon, just do what it is you do so well.... rebound, defend, and take a couple of charges late in a close game.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I have firmly established myself as an eternal pessimist. That's not to say I won't be rooting my ass off tonight.

My prediction: Lakers, 104-98.

My hope: Rockets win, Rockets win, Rockets win. If we come back to Houston leading three to two, I think the series is over.

13. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

Rockets win in a close one. 91-88. Ron Artest go nuts and drop 35 pts. Meanwhile, brooks continues his stellar performance to finish the night with 27 pts and 5 dimes. Battier will be glued to kobe all night long and hold him to just 21 pts.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Brooks is the key, if he is going to play well, we win, if not, likely a lose. I do not know which Brooks is going to show up, but he seems to play well without concerning on passing the ball to Yao. Again, do not turn the ball over early, that is the key. Go Rockets.

15. erod

erod Member

The number one deciding factor for the Rockets is going to be TURNOVERS.

If they can minimize the turnovers, they have a good chance of winning.

16. respect_roc

respect_roc Member

Whatever happens tomorrow or the rest of this series, the Rockets have already won.

When you've won the hearts of the fence-sitters, the final score doesn't really matter anymore.

17. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I think it matters to the Rockets.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i have complete confidence that we will have minimal turnovers in this game. we dont have to worry about threading the ball to a big man. the only thing im worrying about is pau gasol figuring out chuck hayes.

19. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

I'm iffy about this one, Kobe might go nuts after a dismal 15 points.

Well, in that case, since Kobe always gets back his numbers, just let Kobe shoot, shoot, and shoot, while shutting down the other guys, make it a 1-on-5 ball game - Kobe vs. the Rockets.

I hope the Rockets frustrate LA in Game 5, and go back to Houston for a potential kill. :rolleyes:

20. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

And...

Get the effin rebounds. With Odom out, I hope they snare +10 defensive boards = less offensive rebounds for the Fakers.

Cut down on TOs.

Stop bricking.

And play ruthless defense ala-Chuckwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.