1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 5/12/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I could see it too! I wasn't disagreeing, just asking how he was gonna do it.

2. Tracy_ComeBack

No might!We just need to BEAT LA!

3. Benny

Benny Member

aaron brooks goes for 50 points

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no pressure guys, just play your heart and soul out like there's no tomorow, we aint got nothing to lose anyways.. prove to the world we are not a fluke...

houston blowout 102-80!!!

5. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

all the pressure is on LA, we already have an excuse! ;)

But really our 2 highest paid players not playing. I doubt a team has ever won a finals with that going on.

6. grantwang

grantwang Member

wrong time for china fans,10:30 am is work time for us.....
    go rox! beat LA!

7. somenobody

somenobody Member

The lakers will play dirty. Kobe will try to irritate Ron. So we should keep our composure. Ron should control himself and everyone on the court should help him calm down. If we stay calm, then refs will favor us eventually. And I feel Kobe will be thrown out of game this time (I think he should be thrown out twice in this series. One time is the elbow to Ron, the other one is the unneccessary trash talk to Ron after Ron is fouled by Ariza last game. He alreardy had a techniqual at that time). Good luck! Let's go, Rockets!

8. somenobody

somenobody Member

No, I don't want him in Rox. He will destroy our chemistry. He will complain his teammate if he cann't win the championship.

9. soupman

soupman Member

My heart, of course, says Houston. My head says LA. But I do think it will be close either way. I see LA playing a lot of zone with the Chuckster in the middle. Our guards have to break that down and Hayes has to stay out of foul trouble. If Odom is out it will help a lot because LA is soft inside. If he's out, I like Hayes, Scola, Landry, and Battier a lot better than Gasol, Bynum, Ariza, and Mbenga. Their second unit looks really weak inside.

10. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

LA will come out fired up, Kobe will take 10 or more shots in the 1st quarter. The Rockets just need to weather the storm and hang together and keep it close and try to steal it at the end. Then we can hear about the Lakers beating themselves, Odom being out, refs are against LA :rolleyes: , and on and on.

Lakers in 4, Lakers in 5, Lakers in 6, Lakers in 7.....Lakers Gone Fishin'!

11. ikfit

ikfit Member

Ron has hot hand this time.
    AB shoots as game 4.
    Shane makes Kobe hits 10 from 35 attempts.
    They lost their cool and messed everything up.
    We win 112 beat fakers 94

Go Rockets where amazing happens.

12. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

It's back from February, read it again!

It's all true

13. Turpis

Turpis Member

I had a dream... :cool:

109-100 for Rockets

14. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Tuesday night is going to be a war! Rockets will have to weather an emotionally charged effort by the Lakers. The Lakers are embarassed, angry, and determined to right their ship. It defintely is a must win for them; they will not stop at anything to achieve their goals. Expect it to be a challenging physical game. The Lakers will be as dangerous as a cornered rabid animal and just as vicious. Kobe will be primed for a 40+ night (at least that's what he'll be shooting for, regardless of whether or not a teammate has a higher percentage shot, or even if his shots don't all go in). Fisher, Vucabitch, and Ariza will be hacking and slashing, regardless of the officiating crew. Gasol will be playing Hayes face up, hoping to negate Chuck's defensive advantages. And, of course, the Laker goon squad of Odom, Bynum, and Walton will try to skirt the line of legality to limit the effectiveness of our 3s and 4s; even to the point of baiting Ron into retaliating. It's going to be a tough night!

But, wait! The Lakers' Achilles Heel - players, coaches, and fans - is their confidence level. The Rockers pretty much clobbered their confidence level Sunday to the point of being extremely fragile. If and when the Rockets respond to the Lakers' frenetic charges early in the game with maturity and patience, I think the Lakers' confidence will be shattred like a cheap glass. Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant are both hard-headed stubborn, and, when the Rockets fight back, the Lakers could easily implode.

Not to say the game will be easy - it won't be. But mind games will probably be as important as Kobe's attempted 3s and Jackson's Xs and Os.

15. conquistador#11

We're not scared of anyone and they know it. I expect a lot of cheap fouls, but this game can be won!

Matt Bullard granted an interview to the western media at 2200 hours today, exactly 57 minutes ago:
    Matt Bullard

Paraphasing bullard:

* I met my hot wife in the stands, true story. 15 years and still going strong.

* Chuck hayes is 6'6 and can completely alter the game on the defensive side. During pick & rolls, he was able to stay with Kobe.

* Team has tremendous chemistry.

16. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I'm expecting the Lakers to fully exploit Hayes. They will ignore him on defense and shut down the pick and roll with heavy trapping. Offensively, I see penetration since they know there is absolutely zero shot blocking from the Rockets. Landry is the only one on the entire squad that can influence a drive right now.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

we will lose...no doubt...not tryin to bring it down....but we should honestly quiet down the hype...

mark jackson even said it...when teams lose their star player, they have this one game where they explode, and then it goes downhill from there..

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

LAL 108
    HOU 89

19. GirlsAloud

GirlsAloud Member

Rockets 98
    Lakers 94

What's wrong with being optimistic. Anyone know where a viewing party will be? Other than the House of Blues?

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

run and gun only way to win the game...we might have to sacrifice rebounding to win the game...

smallball lineup:

lowry
    brooks
    battier
    artest
    scola

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.