1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Both Lin fans and Haters are guilty as charged. You can't make any comment about any specific area of a game any more without being labeled either a hater/Xof.

2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Do you know how stupid this sounds? cue halftime

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Exactly, I have never seen such a hysterical reaction from a bunch or emotional 13-year olds about a single regular season game. I am just glad these "fans" weren't around during the "Choke City" days, or who knows what would happen.

4. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Last I checked they were all part of the Rox. Let's whine about the meat in the hot dogs instead.

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You mean "r****ded" ?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's a very large difference between a true discussion about the Rockets and the whining that takes place after every single loss.

Sorry you clearly can't see that difference...

7. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

He sort of missed the part from 15:00 of the first quarter to 5 minutes after the end of the 4th quarter.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think the league went out of their way to make the officiating "look" less blatant. They tried to disguise it but screwed us over down the stretch. It seemed fair for the first 3 quarters but then bam! foul trouble within a couple of minutes of the 4th. same exact thing happened in the infamous Warriors vs Lakers game. Tired of this undeserving team gettting gift wrapped games. Stern is a vile piece of ****.

9. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

no kobe, no problem, was easy

10. steady

steady Member

In case anyone missed it, Daryl Morey gave an interview this morning and spoke about the loss last night, and how the team is doing. A very good summary of the key points was provided by J.R. over at the "[Sports Talk 790] Daryl Morey interviews" thread. Here are some of the key parts (as provided by J.R.):

Early in the 4th was a tough time for us, where they got the game close and then when the starters got in, it was tight and they outplayed us from there.

I think we're a little out of sync. Didn't play well these last 2 games. We got away from transition. Didn't get a lot of points in transition. In terms of which guys Coach McHale will play, that's settled down. In terms of, among the bigs, he settled in on Greg & Terrence but in terms of people feeling like our offense is flowing and smooth, we're not totally in sync right now.

We're still getting into it. We missed a lot of easy stuff in transition. We're best in transition. Thats when we move the ball best. A lot of things reminiscent of when we were struggling in January. Moving of the ball isn't as crisp. Getting up the floor isn't as crisp. Hopefully turn things around.

In general, we got a bit of a take turn offense the last couple games where sorta "Hey, James will do something and Jeremy will do something and Chandler" vs getting opportunities off ball movement. Losing the last couple, a lot of things to improve.

We had a big edge at the other 3 spots, should have been able to execute against that.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what "was easy"

12. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

and when you bench your starter that long in that critical moment
    , it's not for rest but more of a sign of punishment, not only the
    engine get cool off, but the confidence and the psychology get shaken
    and deteriorate.

13. coach41

coach41 Member

I guess you didn't read my other posts. I LIKE THE ROCKETS TEAM. Sure, I am a fan of Jeremy Lin but when you guys aren't playing the Warriors, I hope you guys win.

If you think I have an agenda, then it's that I will tend not to criticize officials because I am one myself. I have officiated basketball for 20+ years. I can tell you that many of the high school officials I work with don't really like how NBA officials work. Yes, there are plenty of questionable things that happen.

But I am a basketball fan in general and will still watch regardless of the officiating. I still even follow Harvard after Lin left. I liked the Mavs when Nash and Dirk were together. I like good basketball and think you guys are good too.

It's my choice to watch the game and participate here. If you don't like my opinion, then you can either state why but let's drop the name calling. Not very productive.

1 person likes this.
  14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I never said any of those things. :p

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I guess it's legal for Dwight to make contact with Harden's arm and face on drives, then? :confused:

16. superpro

superpro Member

:cool:

17. superpro

superpro Member

that is not the main reason we lost the game. Harden fouled Dwight very obviously without being called too.

the reason we lost is our coach, not Harden, no Lin, not Asik, not Beverly, etc. if you play any sports, you will understand how important the momentum is. we've lost the momentum since the beginning of 4th qtr with ill called rotations.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. Not that I can predict anything, but I was shaking my head when Lin was subbed out with 4-5 minutes in the 3rd. Now came panic mode in the 4th and it didn't look good from there. Very tough loss.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'd say the 4 fouls the Rockets were whistled for in two minutes, thereby not allowing them to play physical for the remainder of the quarter, were a much bigger factor in the momentum.

20. superpro

superpro Member

might be true. in sports, once you've lost your momentum, you get nervous, panic comes and you are not yourself anymore. our coaching staff basically turned the whole thing around to Lakers favor last night and many other nights, which really sucks.