1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

They ran isolation plays with Parsons as well. Not just Harden. But I wonder why they didn't run isolation plays for Lin since Blake was holding him.

2. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

EXACTLY!

Harden & Lin didn't play well, but the momentum of the game completely shifted in early 4th when we went small. We went small on Gasol and Howard, 2 of the most dominant center in the NBA.

I agree that players need to take some blame for this terrible loss, but coach Mchale should man up and put some blames on his shoulder too.

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

The game shows when defense tightens up, we're going nowhere.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. But I give a slight pass to Lin for his inconsistent minutes....bb is all about having a nice rhythm. It's tough to get back in the game when you've been sitting for almost a quarter. Lin's 2 TOs are respectable but Harden's 6 tOs are just too much to swallow.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Rockets limping into the playoffs on a losing note......SMDH

6. metrichalo

metrichalo Member

Lin shot like crap after he was benched for so long. Let's not have Harden bring the ball up.

7. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes Rockets has no future if we stuck with this bizzare coach.:(

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Our bench didn't provide much offense, but they didn't turn the ball over once and managed to get us 3 steals (the same amount as our starters). Greg Smith had 4 blocks. The Lakers shot 10 more free throws without Hack-a-Howard. I'm sure McHale would have went to that if the Lakers still had Kobe, but looking back it would have been the smart move in overtime.

9. LoLin

LoLin Member

Not without half-court set. Hopefully they'll be working on that during the off-season.

10. Grigori

Grigori Member

I think Harden's won this one tonight by a hair with his 0.5 assist-to-turnover ratio, but let's be honest, as much as the Rockets sucked, the Lakers sucked even worse. Had it been 5-on-8 instead of 5-on-9 tonight, the Rockets would have won this one.

I have no idea why we went away from Lin running the offense off screens after the first 2.5 quarters. Our shots weren't falling that well, but it was working well enough and we were getting a ton of dunks. I mean, seriously, it's only been consistent for the entire season that when we go all iso both Harden and Lin sucks. Please Morey for the love of f*** stop with the all iso nonsense.

11. tvd

tvd Member

I THINK DMO WOULD BE BETTER THAN DELFINO TONIGHT'S MATCHUP. PERHAPS I AM WRONG. LIN AND ANDERSON OR BEVERLY AND HARDEN, WOULD BE A BETTER MATCHUPS OR SUBS.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Troll account lol.

13. mirus

mirus Member

I acknowledged that , but still, players dont grow by acknowledge it,and feel the pain.he's still performing badly,and we cant ignore the fact.

I was thinking at the beginning of the season that mchale could be great for rockets young pfs, today ,i'm not that sure anymore.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...not shooting but he was facilitating well. Houston loss the ball movement in the 4th....and Lakers kept it going.

15. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Man I had this crazy dream where we were up by 10 against a Lakers team that was about to roll over. Then we benched our PG who was getting into the lane at will. Then we went for a small ball line-up against two 7 footers, and not surprisingly we got into foul trouble. I think I even saw Carlos Delfino try to guard Pau Gasol!

The Lakers went on a 14-5 run and our coach doesn't call a time out. Then we run ISO's for a guy that was shooting about 30% on the night for 10 minutes.
    On the final play out of a time out it's another ISO and everyone including the announcers are completely stunned, we somehow hit a freak 3 and go into over time but then continue with the ISO strategy! I think I saw the Lakers coaching staff high five every time Harden set up at the top and dribbled for 10 seconds!

16. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

expected outcome, the league try to force harden and okc match up!!!

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yup, we slide from the 6th spot to the 8th spot in 2 days. Almost got eliminated out of the playoffs again at the end just like last year.:rolleyes Great job McHale.:mad:

18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

On the money here. NOTHING at 4 or 5, I mean nothing. And to really improve the team that will have to happen. It is good to be in the playoffs but although not the collapse at the end of the year as last year, it still was a collapse on a smaller scale. And yeah, making it out of the first round isn't happening. I miss 2 Pat with his mid range jumper...it was just about MONEY.DMO, in order to develop,needs to be playing in the paint NOT laying out on the 3 pt. line.

19. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

YES!!!!!!!

20. tvd

tvd Member

IF WE AS FANS CAN RECOGNIZE THIS ISO CRAPS, HOW COME MCHALE AS A NBA HALL OF FAMER, COACH, DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THAT. PERHAPS NOT EVERY HALL OF FAMER CAN'T COACH. WE KNOW THAT THIS REGULAR SEASON.:(