1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

uhh no, it is about LOF vs LOH because both sides have their reasons. Lin was playing good ball, had something like 12 pts 6 assists, 4/9 at the end of the third plus the a 6 point lead. Sat forever, came back cold with a deficit, forced to take a few harden last second pass bullshyt shots...plus he made the heads up pass to parsons for the tying 3 after HARDEN turned it over. Speaking of Harden, all I know is he was 8/25, just horrible as usual, turned it over a million times, shyt D as u mentioned with Meeks dunk...so yeah, just keeping it real, Harden sucks

2. VanityHalfBlack

Don't forget the 2 games where Harden sat out due to injury and we won without him too?? You remember that right?

1 person likes this.
  3. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Ehhh... Howard went straight up too.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Durant now has 70 pts... More updates coming up....

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

damn right, Ellis and Jennings would have done better

6. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Both Harden and Lin sucked, yes, the only blame should go to McGenius. He plays every player to their weaknesses. If only our PG plays PG, and our SG plays SG, we'd be a great team.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Steph Curry with 10 3's on the rockets where did he come from???

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

We wouldn't be any where near getting to the playoffs with this team. We would be tanking for these

[​IMG]

Im just happy that we got this far and made the playoffs

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are doing the same thing though. You are making excuses for Harden & bashing Lin. Both players played poorly bad games happened. Just leave it at that.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

My post was all-heart, no-head. I know that.

We'll see about the Spurs. I think they're vulnerable this year, and the Rockets could have taken them. Now we'll never know.

11. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

McGenius needs to go.

12. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I was all for bringing McHale back, but after this meltdown I don't know. Can't make any final judgement until the playoffs are over. But I am a lot less optimistic then before the game.

I mean from the 4th quarter onward it was just awful, awful basketball. From the subs to the small ball line-up to the timeout-ISO's, I've never seen so many ISO's out of timeouts, only when there is a breakdown, but these look planned. It is just shocking.

13. SDPanda

SDPanda New Member

I have been watching the games and lurking on this forum all season. This game has made me register out of straight frustration.

This loss is solely the fault of McHale. The man might be a Hall of Famer, but he is a terrible coach. iIts been 82 games and still the horrible rotations, the horrible substitutions, the inability to adjust, the inability to call a timeout at the right time, the inability to draw up a play, etc

How long will it take you to realize that James Harden with no boundaries (iso-ball) is not the play to make when its crunch time?

Speaking of that why do you always have the board out right before the "play"? It always goes to harden. I know that, you know that, the players know that, and the other team knows that. Now granted if it was an actual play that has been practiced thats great, but it is not. Its just "ok harden we're gonna give you the ball, make it happen."

how long will it take you to realize when a player is doing well you dont stick to your rigid rotation schedule and take them out anyway. yes this is about lin. he takes a while to warm up and it doesnt help when you bench him for 10+ minutes and put him back in and expect him to pick up where he left off. its been 82, know your players already.

How long until you realize that putting delfino at the 4 covering guys 6'11"+ doesnt work in close games. In close games you need defense not offense.

How long until you realize the run and gun doesnt work in close games or crunch time? It's called coaching, prepare a couple plays that the guys can run when they need a quick couple of points.

Ok this is getting long and I'm sure most are saying TL;DR haha
    Hopefully we dont get swept by OKC, but with McHale coaching....yeah

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Wow, good job on getting the stats for Game 1 of the playoffs right.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

LOL!!! REALLY?! not even the great James Harden is 100% in CRUNCHTIME? this fool is alot closer to 0% clutch than 100, has even heard of passing the ball? I can't even count how many times he's bricked 4th quarter shots or turned it over. Dear Lord.

16. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

BREAKING NEWS: Time traveler confirms that the Utah Jazz Win the draft lottery.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm trying to argue that HArden isn't always the only problem on this team. The guy I quoted was bashing Harden and excusing Lin.

18. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

As bad as Lin/Harden were shooting, we were still shooting a better percentage than the LAL (suggesting that energy spent on defence hurt our shots, but the tradeoff was probably worth it).

Instead, I say this loss is on coaching for having no effective plan to counter their bigs (rebounds killed us).

19. VanityHalfBlack

No problem, ;)

20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I just went back to the play...it is paused right now...there are 16 seconds left...they are showing the replay and CLEARLY Howard comes down across Harden's ...specifically Howard's left arm that WAS straight up comes down and goes across Harden's arm. It's indisputable to anyone that views it. The play doesn't end when you are up in the air...as they are coming down, DH's LEFT arm swipes across Harden's arm. It's laughable that you tell me the official didn't call it...no kidding ? And I didn't say we lost because of that play. It certainly was a sugar tit for the Lakers being in the penalty with nearly 9 minutes left.