1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Best backcourt? Yeah, Best choking backcourt in the NBA.

2. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

The second halves for James and Jeremy were both abysmal. 3-16 for both in the 4th quarter and overtime is just unacceptable.
    The first 3 minutes of the 4th was on some whole other level of bull, it was crazy. Touch fouls (if that) on the perimeter and jockeying for position that weren't being called prior? Come on.

3. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I'll give you the bold and that's why Mchale usually deserves the bulk of the blame. The coaching staff has rode Harden way too much and way too hard at the end of games this year. I think they saw what Harden did well in OKC in a relatively limited role and thought he could do it in a much, much larger role while neglecting some of his other strengths. And then you want your best player to be near the top of your best defenders but with the way the coaching staff has rode him you can't expect the guy to have the energy to focus so much on defense.

4. conquistador#11

but mchale, himself, will tell you that iso is not what he's about. so the crazies are running the asylum or mchale is a good liar.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

What are you trying to argue? Im not gonna get into this Lin vs Harden crap, you know why it's on Harden and there's no excuses? Because he is by far the best player on this team and he DID NOT deliver.

Btw you might wanna ask Mchale why he ran so many ISOs.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden sucked ass.

Don't let that fool you though LOF, Lin sucked just as bad.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

AB should've played :eek:

8. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I have to watch that game again. Did we really only run ISO for the last 10 minutes? I mean seriously, there is more creativity at the playground. Van Gundy was actually calling out the plays from the booth. It was ridiculous.

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Oh there's plenty to go around. But I'm put this one on McHale first and foremost. Doesnt' excuses Lin's bricks and tos, doesn't excuse harden's isos, bricks, and tos, but I'ma put this one on McHale.

McHale has been a detriment to this team all year long and too many people have defended him for too long for God knows what reason. What plays does he call?? Does he make the right rotation decisions? Does he have a good feel for the game? Come on now. McHale is responsible for his share of losses, I might even cut him a little break if he ever owned up to it.

But keep defending him. He's impervious to critique. It must be crazy Lin fans making stuff up.

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

clown i bet you think the dubs are contenders..

11. VanityHalfBlack

Oh ****, Durant just did a facial on Asik, damn!!!!! You guys ain't watchin?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Obviously. But the guy I quoted was making excuses for Lin while bashing Harden. I'm sick of that **** quite honestly.

Also No one...NO ONE is 100% in crunchtime. Not a single player ever. Harden had a bad few games, but don't forget the good ones where he took over and led the team to victory.

13. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

That Patterson trade should've waited also.

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yea, when Harden passes the ball to him with seconds on the shot, so that way it won't hurt Harden's already bad FG%, that's why Lin sucked.

15. tada

tada Member

****, I am out. See you guys later when we play OKC this weekend. I will be happy as long as we play competitive like this game. I don't expect us to win because McFail will surely find a way to lose every single playoff game with Harden ISO at the top holding the ball for 20 secs and pass it off to some poor **** to shoot it last second. Also, watch Defino match up with Ibaka.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, you mean when Harden was straight up mauled by Dwight? Smh horrible no-call.

The game is 4 quarters, bud.

17. Windchime

Windchime Member

WTF is this blame Harden blame Lin thing???? We lost the damn game in the beginning of the 4th when we got into the penalty early and gave the Lakers a 1 pt lead. Neither one of them were on the court at that time! Oh and umm... small ball when BOTH Gasol AND Howard are on the court????? WTF?!?

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

They are young & inexperienced. The moment was to big for them. I can't be mad. They screwed up when they lost to the Suns.

Both were awful but McHale was even worst.

1 person likes this.
  19. Danpan

Danpan Member

Good point. No player with small ball doesn't work. Especially against two 7fters?

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I wonder how we scored 106 pts a game in the regular season by not having a C or F who can score the ball, you reckon?

Not having a C or F is not the problem, the problem is we did not move the ball, we did not get open looks. We are force ISOing Harden ever since late in the 3rd qtr, thats when the lead went away.

I'm not worried about what's morey next move, I'm pissed off at present that we blew a game when it mattered.

1 person likes this.