1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/25/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. poison

poison Member

Remember this time!!!
    So fantastic!!!!:D

2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Huge win for the Rox. I am just glad that we win. Yao play alright and Shaq and Lakers just suck.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Do you know who the biggest winner of this game is? JVG! He demonstrated, and Rockets believed, that this team is capable of winning championships once they figure out how to play.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

Even when we were up by 13 at the half...I was still worried..you just have a feeling..and of course the Lakers did make a comeback. It was comin....great job Rockets! :D

5. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

my christmas was sucking.. but this game totally made it all better :) Go Rockets!!!
    i can't stand the commenators. they're so bias and boring!!

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Funniest announcer quote of the night: "Steve Francis just went out... Moochie is a great player, but the Rockets are really missing Steve right now."

7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

The Rox came to play tonight. They're pumped obviously you can tell and they shoot very well throughout the game. If they play like this every game, they're going to be alright. If every game is a Christmas game, look out!

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

I think you're right. Van Gundy's defensive scheme worked to perfection today except against Kobe. This game means a lot for Van Gundy's early tenure with the Rockets.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I only got to see the last 8 minutes and what to my wondering eyes did appear.... but Mo Taylor grabbing at least 4 defensive rebounds and making a key steal that led to a breakaway dunk!!!

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Aww had no idea I was a thief. Damn me.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am shocked with delight!!!!What a finish to a Christmas Day. Houston Fans this was a Game worth watching!

12. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Yep. This one was for us ClutchFans for sure.

13. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Clearly Doc Rivers hasn't spent anytime on Clutch forum or he would know better. :p

Seriously though I thought Mooch did a pretty good job tonight.

14. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Goddam it. Why can't the Rockets and Steve play like this every game. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That was a fantastic game. Great D, (other than the 3rd quarter lapse) controlled offence. Most of all, the other players stepping up when the big man was on the bench. Just amazing.

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

:D Yep. Now, lets start working on our offense for the long term.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Damn Houston Cougers just tied up the game with 22 seconds left in the 4th. It's a potential great time to live in the city of Houston.

17. xicloud

xicloud Contributing Member

Defense and falling open shots won this game. Great Xmas gift!

18. alaskansnowman

Great game, gives me tremendous amounts of hope for the future.

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

Van Gundy has to get Yao to shoot those jumpers more. That's another tool in the box that's gotta be used more often especially in the 2nd half when Yao has to conserve energy.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Defense, Defense, Defense. Jimmy Jackson and Yao supplied enough scoring in the first half that we could slow down the tempo of the game and let Steve control things. Steve did a masterful job tonight, leadership wise, basketball wise. This is a win to remember. Great Job Rockets, thank you for the nice christmas present!:)