1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Yep, Calvin's been saying it for several games. 7-12 shots is kind of the range for him. He has been killing it when it's not a 3...he is making a high % of shots not 3's. he needs more shots. He stays in the corner for 3's... needs to be more involved inside. He had 3 blocks (one on LBJ), 3 steals.Will believe it when I see it.

JayGoogle, BigMaloe, Rudyc281 and 5 others like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Our bench is also awful truthfully - we have dogs but no scorer … none of them can create for themselves (who play) currently … maybe Amen coming back will help … needs to play Whitmore because he’s a bucket getter.. I’m fine with Tate losing minutes

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Man I'd love to know what ish he was talking to James.

theDude, BigMaloe, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  4. subtomic

subtomic Member

The concern I have is that those amazing home games aren’t the result of Jalen doing anything different - it’s just that his high difficulty shots are going in. How sustainable is that kind of success? Usually, it’s not, and right now, it looks to me like the home games are a lucky anomaly.

ramotadab and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

:cool:

BamBam, WestendMassive and DeBeards like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a lot of truth to this. Jalen needs a go to easy bucket, its really all he's missing. My guess is its somewhere in the midrange, maybe the old Westbrook pull up middie when Westbrook was in his prime, some kind of floater, something that uses his speed to get the defender going back and then taking advantage with that.

It's what Sengun has that he does not. Sengun always has that floater, no matter what, he always has it. Most nights he's going to nail it (wasn't there tonight but AD is a great defender when he feels like it on a random night) and Sengun also has that Dirk shot. I think even Jabari has a pet move that they should make more use of his turn around is pretty good and he can get that on most defenders.

Every scorer has a go-to pet move and Jalen is just missing that.

His current toolset is not sustainable for long, even if he could pull it off effectively every game guards that rely heavily on slashing have short shelf lives. He does have a pull back in the mid range I'd like to see him use more, he seems to make it a lot but I haven't seen a shot chart or anything.

ramotadab and subtomic like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tate might be a goner at the trade deadline any way, team option next year and might just be getting showcased and if he is then I think he's played well enough to be a nice piece for some team.

I too think it's about time we saw Cam with real minutes, at least tonight where we were struggling to score I would have just thrown in Cam to see if he sparked something but I still have complete faith in Ime but I'm starting to wonder if this is the case of a team showcasing him.

BigMaloe, DeBeards, fattz and 3 others like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

"Ayo I know you say Bronny Jr ain't gonna be sh*t as a basketball player. You right, you right. I can guarantee you though he's better than Jalen . B*tch"

ramotadab likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Member

He’s a make or miss player. He doesn’t offer much of anything else if his shot isn’t falling.

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Buckle up, this losing streak most likely will continue. We got Thunder and Nuggets next. Would love to be proven wrong but this team has regressed a lot on defense and our offense hasn’t really been good either.

12. WestendMassive

How good was that season we tried to turn Trevor Ariza into a #1 option? Lol

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I enjoyed the goofiness of his handles.....that was legit funny. I do not think the record was that bad though.

It was asking Dikembe Mutombo to dribble around folks.

JayGoogle and WestendMassive like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Very likely but people shet on Tate a lot, he is the least of the problems here......but I get that he is not welcome.....

After Brook and AP the other guy that helped the winning streak.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

Believe It! and Radricky like this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I was so hopeful the way the game started. I was actually thinking the Rockets may get their first road win. Then the wheels fell off and the Rockets never recovered.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In short, one of the worst performances after the 1st Quarter.

ramotadab and WestendMassive like this.
  18. OpportunityCost

We're going to end up getting another high draft pick and then Stone is going to do what he does in the draft - Pick Jalen Green over Scottie Barnes / Evan Mobley, Josh Christopher over Quentin Grimes, etc., however as a UH fan, I am glad that Grimes didn't get drafted to this mess of an organization.

#1098 OpportunityCost, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  19. OpportunityCost

Our offensive schemes stink. They demand one-on-one and we don't have good one-on-one players, stupid.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen is probably never going to be a “great” defender or playmaker. We don’t need him to be complete ass in those categories, but his main job is to put the ball in the basket as efficiently and at as high of a rate as possible.

If he’s not doing that then at best I’d say he’s had just a mediocre game.

ramotadab likes this.