1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Rockets34Legend

I didn't see this angle. It's funny he was going to take the technical free throw....FVV pushes him out of the way in the direction to go back at Reddish.

TARI=DAWG.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean this is kind of true. For whatever reason he's been a completely different player at home. Not sure what is going on there, maybe its due to being home and practicing, like I'm sure after 3 days of practice he's going to come out like gangsbusters and have another great night at home. It's been his thing all year long. Maybe he has some extracurriculars on the road, I don't know what it is, but yes on the road he's been downright terrible.

At home he's been amazing.

We'll see. I think part of it is just that we've done nothing but seemingly play playoff teams on the road and they are just better at protecting the paint. If Green can't get to the line or get layups/dunks it seems to really affect his confidence in scoring.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Its okay guys, I feel another win streak in coming. This have better lit a fuse, Roxs finna lift off :mad:

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

reported

WestendMassive and DeBeards like this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

More of the same for Bari....4 of 7 on FG for 57%, 0 of 3 from 3...so again, he made all 4 of his non 3's he attempted, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks,3 assts., 2 STLS in 30 mins. His downside was his 3 TO and 5 fouls. Overall, we didn't have much of a night...Alpy was 8 of 25 on FGs, but he was 3 of 8 on 3's with 21 pts. Really good, he had 0 TO and 15 rebounds in 34 mins. FVV 7 of 15 FG, Dillon was 4 of 9 FG and Holiday was 5 of 6 FG.

ramotadab and gfab-babyboi like this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

Hey guys! Jalen green is one year away!

….from being one year away!

Bruno 2.0

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's because he can though, he has Lebron and AD on his team.

Jalen can't do that, if Jalen plays poorly, the Rockets lose. If Reaves plays poorly, the Lakers can still very much blow teams out.

beardsanity713 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Calvin just said it - guards need to look for Bari more and Bari needs more shots … but we will see

9. a time to chill

Fred is the head honcho we need!

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well funny enough Laker fans had this same discussion the first game against us and I remember one saying "There isn't a single NBA GM that would take Reaves over Green." and last week or so were hoping to trade him for Lavine and I imagine come trade deadline will still be hoping to trade him for Lavine.

I've just seen this story plenty of times. Role players look a lot better playing with HOF players like Lebron. It's a story as old as time, guy then gets paid, goes to a bad team, then comes to find out he can't be a main guy on even a bad team.

Jalen Green (right now at least) is a main guy at 21 on a top 8 Western conference team. This fact seems to get ignored a lot.

ramotadab and AuburnRocket like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

You're giving Jalen way too much credit, thinking he'd even have the basketball IQ to be aware of that.

#1071 Downtown Sniper, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    ramotadab and PeterKingX like this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The team just doesn't have enough consistent scoring from the perimeter players right now to be anything more than a decent team.

Maybe Green will grow into that player, maybe we need to trade him and get one, but it's not there right now.

Sengun wasn't good either, but games like this are the outlier for him.

13. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Well he didn't play poorly during those next matchups. I don't think we lose if Jalen plays poorly but knows to switch it up and find other ways to be successful (e.g. play better defense, don't turn the ball over, play the passing lanes, find the open man which he did the past 2 games). He just needs to learn to trust the system and make the game come to him

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

To be fair, it is the only thing he's good at on the basketball court on a semi-regular basis.

15. Downtown Sniper

Jalen Green would never play another game of basketball again... he'd be petrified.

I wholeheartedly second this rule.

jerryclark likes this.
  16. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Well I'm hoping he figures it out. Gotta set his ego aside if he truly wants to be a winner

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

I'd say you pretty much nailed it.

gfab-babyboi, ramotadab and prodigy08 like this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen has had bad games at home also. Its been overlooked because we've won there more than we lost and we had a bunch of home games early.

Go back and look at the game logs. Hes had some stinkers at home too.

ramotadab and PeterKingX like this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

From finding the perfect nail polish colour?

Can't be from being a reliablerole player. Because he's still multiple years away from that.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think right now this team simply doesn't generate enough offense if Alpi and Green don't score or play well, generally speaking.

I agree that he has to trust the system, he seems to pass up open guys more often on the road.

I think he's had bad shooting nights but not bad games. Also those home games EVERYONE shoots better. That's been an issue too. I mean at the start of the season Brooks was out there shooting like Klay Thompson and Tate was as well. So the ball moved more. On the road though he's just bad at every thing.

Like even when he's shooting bad at home he's not having all these braindead TOs and defensive lapses, that's what hurts us more than his chucking. Hell, everyone chucks, difference is the other players aren't turning over the ball like he did tonight or being invisible on defense.

ramotadab likes this.