1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is that you?

HardenReturns, DeBeards and Tfor3 like this.
  2. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

ramotadab, DeBeards, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  3. subtomic

subtomic Member
    Supporting Member

No.

But Jalen hasn’t shown any signs of deserving to be the 2nd option either. He has been given every opportunity to be that guy, but ultimately he’s basically a guy who’s unable to generate easy baskets. Every 5 games or so he gets hot and those terrible shots go in - the rest of the time, he’s missing open 3s, taking way too many long 2s and driving straight into 3 guys with no ability to do anything but jump high and hope for the best.

maypk, ramotadab, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm so mad right now I'm finna hit sum...

DeBeards, WestendMassive and Tfor3 like this.
  5. WestendMassive

But have you grown to hate it?

ramotadab, HardenReturns and Tfor3 like this.
  6. ExTexanNowEastCoast

No it is not just about jumping, but jumping is a large part of it. Also, Luca can jump, so not sure why you are bringing him up. There are plenty of White basketball players with ups: Plumlee brothers, Austin Reaves, David Lee (retired), Nash, Dirk, Brent Barry, Bob Sura, Sabonis, etc.

Stop comparing Alpe to Jokic; Jokic may not be able to jump, but he has other skills. Last game, on at least 4 separate occasions he literally reached around Sengun and took the ball off of the backboard and put it back in. Alpe looked lost on D (as usual).

In the end, Jokic is the exception that proves the rule: sports is about athleticism, now more than ever. The better athlete will win 9/10 times.

ramotadab and gfab-babyboi like this.
  7. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Yeah yeah. Beg the god u racist hater. Pleaaaase ban him pleaaase. I wanna blame Sengun everytime, but they reply me. Pleaase. Wanna cry also?

Ok @Clutch Investigate his comments, and ban him. He is a hater, and racist.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

affirmative

DeBeards, WestendMassive and Salvy like this.
  9. Rockets34Legend

Man, I love Ime. He's just being nice by saying **** the FAKERS.

#1049 Rockets34Legend, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  10. WestendMassive

I'm going to go run over pedestrians in GTA V because they're all most likely to be Lakers Fans

11. OpportunityCost

Ime is going to be like, I HAVE to have the final say on ALL future draft picks, free-agent acquisitions and trades!!

ramotadab and HardenReturns like this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Stephen Silas has 25 road wins in his career with Rockets.... Jus saying..

13. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Smith needs work, no doubt. However, you also have to consider how he is being used. I think part of the process this year is to figure out who we have, and where we are going. Some of the guys on this team will be gone next year, voluntarily or otherwise. If we make a mistake, we will be back here in 4 seasons with a new coach complaining about the same exact crap.

They need to take their time and do it right. Houston is not a city known for its patience with sports teams.

ramotadab and gfab-babyboi like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sengün had a rough night in efficiency.

ramotadab and HardenReturns like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually said he was much more than that in this thread, I said he was a hustle player and a spark off the bench. I'm not sure why you think hustle is some negative term?

Again though, I'm not worried about how much he scores on a team playing a bench role. Again, some team is going to overpay him and learn the hard lesson other teams have had to learn.

If you put Reaves in this Jalen role the team is worse.

16. WestendMassive

GODDAMNIT SILAS

DeBeards, Salvy and ROCK3TM4N like this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

lol I said that and been attacked by ^ ever since lol

18. vince

vince Member

The Rockets surprised some folks, and opened up some eyes, and the league adjusted. It only gets harder from here, as it’s not easy trying to get to the next echelon.

ramotadab and WestendMassive like this.
  19. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

That matters and at the time hell yes, Green was what I hoped for. But next two matchups? 9 points and today 10 points at 30% and 26% shooting respectively? Reaves has arguably won the next two matchups by basically playing within his own limits and role. At this point I would take Reaves over Green but I am on the same boat that still somehow hopes Green bounces back next year and learn to play with more control and IQ.

CantStopJG24 likes this.
  20. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

He averaged 20 as a starter last year after Bron’s injury and all the way through the playoffs. That’s a good 40+ games lol. I think you are widely underrating Reaves. You can make a case that this team is better with Reaves, there’s no case you can make that the Lakers are better with Jalen. I don’t think there’s even one Laker fan out there that would do that trade while it’s an active topic on Rockets forum for months now.