1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/19/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2023.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Really disappointed to see such a weak comment coming from a poster i had always held in my mind to be pretty rational.

Was actually looking for an intelligent discord and instead ran into a bobby conversation.

Carry on and vent your frustrations, im done here.

MadMax likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

29 fts to 10 fts. But just try harder. Can't take this sht take seriously.
    If a 19ft difference isn't a massive gap nothing is.

albuster likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely understand the frustration with Green, however, I'm giving him a lot more time this season because he is honestly adjusting to a new role. Last year he was able to iso quite a bit which allowed him to get more comfortable and get himself going earlier, as opposed to this year where Udoka is having him move a lot more without the ball plus having him exert more energy on the other side of the ball.

We've seen flashes with Green, but as with years past, he is a streaky shooter. We really got to get him going downhill more often. We know the chemistry has been there in the past between Sengun and him. FVV is just playing really well on the pick and roll with Sengun so it makes sense why we go with that so much more.

I am a little frustrated that he has seemed to regressed when getting to the rim. There is absolutely no creativity there which is why it's so easy to defend him at the rim. He has all world athleticism just doesn't know how use it I guess. I've been down on him before and then he comes back and shows potential.

I don't expect him to be Kobe, but do hope he eventually becomes an all star. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he is truly adjusting to a new role.

4. Dredd

Dredd Member

Dillon is def pissed off tonight. This was a good loss.

clippers loss was rigged.

this was just confused ****. I hope the young guys get an earful.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It’s not a must…but it happens. Be better. When you lose, you can blame other people or you can get better. Bad calls happen all around the league all the time. We already know that. At the end of the day, you either win in this league or you lose, regardless of all that stuff.

xtruroyaltyx and ElPigto like this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The FTs disparity in favor of the home team is just too enormous to overcome. We lost by 1 on the road. The Rockets will be alright.

albuster and AuburnRocket like this.
  7. MadMax

Wow, I’m sorry I disappointed you. Those are my opinions. Advanced metrics back them up. I hope he changes all of that, including my opinions!

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

THIS RIGHT HERE ! You can look at me saying this way before tipoff. Everyone knows they are taking one in the backside when playing the Lakers.

9. Dredd

Dredd Member

Glad you’re happy.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's frustrating that we focus so much on the refs. The Rockets are playing really aggressive in defense now a days so it makes sense they are going to pick up more calls. I do think the calls are a bit lopsided against them, so I hope the team does send some video to the league to at least bring it to their attention.

Against the Clippers it was frustrating some the non calls in the last two minute. Either way, tonight against LeBron, Brooks grabbed his jersey several times and then hit him. He was absolutely fouled so no way you can argue that last call.

MadMax likes this.
  11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

On the other hand, he did foul him straight away and the refs didn't call it.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Referees in the NBA are the Worst in Any League than in Euro, China.
    MLB, NFL, Soccer, Cricket etc.

It is too much Corruption from Gambling Referees to getting Reports on which Players to Foul Out. Point Shaving is a Problem, Referees need to be Corrupt to get promoted, get more Playoff Games Money.

Joey Crawford, Scott Foster, Tim Donaghy are Platinum Standard of Corrupt Referees

albuster, Entropy, Thefabman and 3 others like this.
  13. MadMax

Lol right? I was actually complaining that the refs DID NOT call that foul at that time!

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely...you didn't think the refs were going to give us another second and a half, did you ? Perfectly understandable...Rockets 8 fouls to 7 for the LAL at half. End of game...25 fouls for us,13 for them.

15. MadMax

I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not terribly concerned with how seriously you consider my takes :)

Teams in the NBA run up against bad officiating ALL THE TIME. It’s literally a joke how bad it is, and we all know it. Good teams figure it out. I doubt very seriously Udoka is in the locker room telling the guys, “hey, it’s not your fault..nothing you can do better, guys! It was all on the refs!”

16. invocux

invocux Member

2 lucky threes in 2 days by 2 guys have been heavily criticized since the beginning of the season (Harden, Reaves). We are truly unlucky.

anthony59237 likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I have no idea why Ime Udoka is not making Jalen Green the Main Scorer and Go to Player in the 4th Quarter. Jabari Smith is not Fitting in either.The Offense gets Stagnant when Fred VanVleet, Dillon Brooks continues to Chuck Shots.

Fred VanVleet and Dillon Brooks are the Only Options in Scoring for Ime Udoka.

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith Stand at 3 Point Line, Sengun just pass it around and Pump Fake 3s

This Team should be a better Fast Break Team, the Team I think underperforming because Jalen Green should receive more Alley OoP Dunks from Alpi Passes, it is sad the Potential Plays wasted with Jalen, Ime and Coaching Staff are underperforming.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen played like headless chicken in 4th quarter of last game against the Clippers.

Ime doesn't trust him.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Fred VanVleet and Dillon Brooks are taking more Shots than Jalen Green, Alperen Sengun, Jabari Smith.

I believe the Team will Lose because of their Veteran Entitlement in Taking more shots because of their Huge Contracts.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Discourse, is the word you are looking for - you can have discourse on discord if you like but not discord on discourse...

DD

xtruroyaltyx likes this.