1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/19/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Risingred

Risingred Member

The officiating is much better compared to the previous game. Jalen's FG% is rapidly dropping to under 40 percent. The question is if we can survive with two starters shooting 40% or below.

PeterKingX likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

His rotations were really good in the 4th, and on one defensive possession late, he had two perfect rotations. I only recall 1 defensive possession on a Lebron drive where he didn't step over to help. Im not even sure if that was the wrong thing to do in that instance.

Your just upset at his offense and it's carrying over, i get it, but it's not accurate what your trying to imply with regards to his effort and defense. Hes not great but hes been playing very well defensively, especially in comparison to his past.

anthony59237 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. delta69er

delta69er Member

Only certain things in life: death, taxes and LeBron getting free throws.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen shot 48% from 2 point range his 1st 2 seasons, and is at 42% so far this year

if he was shooting his career average from 2 point range, he’d have been averaging 20, 5 and 3 this season on 44/37/80 splits heading into tonight’s game based on my quick math

he is averaging 7 free throw attempts a game which is #1 in the league for SG’s

he’s shooting 37% from 3

he’s upped his rebounding, he’s improved his defense

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Funny...Calvin who actually does know something about basketball just said 29 FT to 10....he's questioning that. But, hey...what does Calvin Murphy know, right ?

pippendagimp and anthony59237 like this.
  6. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Jalen was an utter disaster every time he got a hold of the ball, aside from defensive improvement he's regressed from even the beginning of the season. Probably didn't touch the ball in the 4th because he turned it over every time he passed in the prior 3 quarters.

Dredd and PeterKingX like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Member

He’s not great at anything. Defense. Offense. Anything. He’s not worthy of the extension that will be contemplated for him.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong…and that he turns into a different person and goes balls out to show us all. I sincerely doubt that’s going to happen.

Plowman and Dredd like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

0 free throws for Alpi tonight. I was pretty sure he got fouled on that last layup, Lebron's arm hits his arm.

9. Dredd

Dredd Member

Message me if you have a problem with it.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

Winners win and losers make excuses. Bad calls happen ALLLLLLLL the time in pro sports. Sometimes you get the benefit, and sometimes you don’t. Ultimately, the gap was absolutely not so vast that it couldn’t have been overcome. Be better tomorrow, because the refs still might not be. That’s how you start winning.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Fred's assist numbers were great early. Honestly, the offensive system we have in place isn't clear yet. Fred and Sengun pick and roll should always be the first option. Jabari throws up the most off-balance shots you will see. Jalen is finding his game. he is still young. When he is not scoring, he has to do other things to help and he is doing that in little spurts.

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

I have a problem with you dropping anti-Semitic stuff. That’s it. That’s the message.

Dredd likes this.
  13. VoR

VoR Member

Sure was nice of the refs to give LA TWENTY more FTs than the Rockets.

anthony59237 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The Lakers have been getting home cooking for years.They don't get called for fouls, even if they hit you.

16. MadMax

MadMax Member

Yeah, how dare he try to challenge him.

albuster and anthony59237 like this.
  17. Dredd

Dredd Member

Ok. I don’t know how u took it like that.

go to bed and wake up a happy man tomorrow.

18. MadMax

MadMax Member

Cool..then it’s not a surprise. We shouldn’t be surprised by it. We knew we needed to be better than it. If it’s been that way for years, then it’s likely it won’t change…and if we’re going to want to beat them, we’ll have to figure that out. This was a very winnable game, officiating aside. Good for the Rockets for making it that way…let’s just get better.

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

You know exactly what you said, and it’s why you called me a snitch when I told you I called you on it.

I’m a happy man everyday.

Dredd likes this.
  20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Member

Calvin has said 2 games in a row that the Rockets have been screwed to the wall on FT...in LA !! Bad calls ESPECIALLY happen in LA....for a Clippers team that had lost 6 straight with 4 superstars and for the LAL with their 2 superstars. Why is it a must that 2 teams both going to the basket ....one has a 19 FT advantage over another team in a ONE POINT game ?

albuster and anthony59237 like this.