1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

It seems like Lin is trying not to step on toes again. He passes up open looks in order to try to force passes down low to Asik or kick out to Patterson. The problem is that they aren't Chandler or Novak and they miss dunks and open jumpers often. He needs to start looking more for his own shot and most importantly start making them in order to open up shots for players like Asik who are still getting used to being used for offense.

Harden isn't moving the ball, tries to go 1 on 5, tries to play PG whether Lin is on court or not, quits on defensive plays. I don't know about the guy or if the coaches are telling him to iso etc. but it really does need to stop. At least when Francis iso'd he entertained with fancy dribbling and monster dunks. I'm tired of seeing Harden try to take it in himself after holding the ball for 12 seconds and then flailing his arms out after having the ball hit out of his hands.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, we were simply outclassed. Our defense was awful. The team's play seemed disjointed. There were some individual performances that stood out, but more if you looked at the boxscore, than if you actually watched the game. We have a long way to go, folks.

A couple of things I took away from this game. Why didn't Parsons play more than 29 minutes? Loved seeing Jones get some burn. Will he get put in the rotation, please? When will we get some backcourt depth? Most importantly, when will we get a coaching staff? Yes, we're the youngest team in the league, and that was perfectly obvious last night. Some of the young players made good plays, and then immediately screwed up on the other end. Really, it's what we should expect for the next several games, more likely the next several weeks. A good game, an awful game, a good game given away at the end, an awful game where we wake up at the end and make it close, even pull out a win. We'll see it all. What I'm not sure we'll see is a good coaching staff on the sidelines, or any backcourt depth worth mentioning.

Prepare to yell a lot at your TV. Hell, I'm considering buying a sheet of plexiglass to put in front of my display during games. The temptation to throw things at it is unbearable.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Thanks for putting sense and hope in all these :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. new2012

new2012 Member

Please do not give this blank statement. List some dumb quotes. At least we could argue about it. That is the fun in the forum.