1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Thats what leaders do. They lead by example

2. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

If you sort by USG, he's also at the bottom. He's not being utilized properly. If you want to be fair, you need to sort by all categories.

Each category affects the PER. If you want to see how a player builds up where he lands on the rankings, you need to drill down to the details. For a kid who's effectively a rookie, he's doing fine.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

This new Houston team plays with no heart. We need Scola and Lowry back.

4. allaroundplayer

Lin was awful. Lin got abused by Morris. Lin can't shoot.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yea but your example is unrealistic because you're thinking of imaginary point guards. Only 1 PG in the NBA average at least 16-9 last year and that was Deron WIlliams and the Nets were terrible. John Wall has averaged 16 and 8 his first two years and look how that's working out. These arbitrary numbers dont mean anything, especially if you dont have a solid team around you.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

This team is going nowhere if the following do not change:
    1. Harden's high TO rate.
    2. Lin's poor shooting.

Nirvana is when the above happens, along with better overall shooting from the team. Just a simple decrease of 1 or 2 less TOs by Harden and 2-3 more baskets by Lin could be a world of difference in a lot of the past games, this one excluded. Harden is a great player, but his TO is his achilles at the moment. Lin is a sold PG, but he needs to improve his shooting game.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Im not mad that they got blown out cz they're young but im a little disgusted at how soft they were tonight. Throw an elbow back, make one of them bleed, i mean cmon! Played like females tonight.

P.S. Finally got to see some T.Jones

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Pretty sure his USG went up tonight.

9. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

What's sad is Lin ran ISO in NY better than Harden has done here in Houston. (Harden also did better in ISO in OKC, because he's did it primarily against bench players.) He went off in his first two games..... He had his "Linsanity" moment, if you will. But the defenses now know what to expect. He scores a lot of points, but he needs a lot of shots to do so. A recipe for losing.

Like Lin, I think Harden's game has suffered because of the lack of screens as well. Both Lin and Harden would be LETHAL if the bigs would only set some decent screens.

10. shoops

shoops Member

Brand new leaders, and the whole team was getting frustrated by their silly mistakes like fouling 3 point shooters and allowing football passes. It happens at some point

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I agreed on the shooting, but abused? Really...look at the stats again. Lakers front court killed Houston plain and simple. Also, Kobe's triple double did a major blow as well.

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh no the sky is falling!! Bet we beat Utah-watch their PFs-cause I think we are getting one, they can't keep all of them plus Favors....

This game was against the lakers and in the 2nd half things went down hill-maybe lack of energy, but there were some no calls, and lakers stepped up the D getting all over the ball, trapping, and swatting at it...Kobe should have fouled out twice this game...Jk ...kinda
    I thought Harden got to the basket with ease ... Lots of no calls against him. TOs killed us in 2nd half ...first half we had like 5....

13. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Lakers played the perfect game...and exposed all Houston coaching staff mistakes...

1 - Why only against Houston games, others players had career-highs (Kobe, Aldrigde, Batum, Damian, Lebron ... etc)?
    ==> answer:we just play one by one defense, NO double guards when some player is hot, or other defensive strategy, our defense to 3-points shot is zero...

2 - We dont have ANY play to run? ==>
    answer: NO, our offense is just pass, pass, pass, when anybody is open so shot...

3 - Why to play the starters so much massive minutes?
    ==> answer: because we dont use ALL the bench, TJones was awesome tonight, why we never have used him before? (except on the detroit game).

4 - Why our rotation IS SO POOR?
    ==> answers: so our strategy to rest our starters is take off everybody at 5minutes of 2ndQ? and at 5minutes of the 3rdQ? and play just the bench? In all the games? its so easy the others team draw a defensive and offensive set this way...

5 - in all last seconds quarters,we need call a time out and execute ANY play to practice for clutch games...

And much more, im tired to type so much.

Sorry COACHING STAFF , but ALL YOU FAIL BIG.

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am not even mad. The Lakers are contenders, but they were held back by terrible coaching from Brown. The Rockets are one level below the Lakers, but at least they fought to keep it close in the first half.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Oh, did you think Morey was finished building this team. This team definitely isn't ready to compete for anything, but I thought everyone knew that. Morey is still in the early stages of this project. Right now we are just trying to determine what we have in all these young players. I'm sure many moves will be made in the next couple of years. Just enjoy watching the young guys develop and don't be concerned about how many wins we get at this point.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I can play this game all day. 14 and 7 is still roughly 40% of a teams points if the PG runs the offense correctly, controls the tempo, plays above average defense (steals=points), and gets hockey assists. He should be able to knock down the open 3 point shot. The defense should not be able to cheat off of him which creates turnovers for the rest of the team as point guards are usually the best at stripping the ball quickly.

Right now Lin's:
    Control = below average
    Defense = below average
    Shooting = below average

These are important aspects of the game, especially for a PG.

17. mirus

mirus Member

I was a bit shocked everybody expect wins everytime.I think people think
    most of the games are winnable.I was reading an article in dreamshake and it said even the hornets has logged more minutes than our team.

Great posts Jay btw.

As for Dragic,
    http://valleyofthesuns.com/2011/02/26/the-phoenix-suns-gave-up-on-goran-dragic-too-soon/#comments

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Like i've predicted. Lin only took 9 fg attempts. UNDER! :mad:

19. mirus

mirus Member

You cursed it.Like Easy said,I want his shooting back so the forum is more bearable:mad:

20. itachen

itachen Member

Besides the obvious ones..

-Marcus Morris really impressed - he's almost TMac-lite at the 3pt. line. If only he could improve his handles, then whenever defense closes out on him, he could have a strong drive into the lane.

-Lin's help D inside was ineffective against smart and tall front court.

-Harden got a taste of guarding someone bigger than him, and MWP took advantage.

-Big man who is most suitable for setting P+R screens: 2Pat plays 2soft inside. He's got nice mid range but seems to be shy from finishing inside strong. His development is crucial to make Lin and Harden more effective.