1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Congrats on the first reply. But I am OK with that happening. Learning to win in the last 4 minutes of the game is a huge hurdle. It takes veteran players who have played together and know each others strengths and weaknesses to pull a win out late. That is something the players will strive for, but it takes time and experience to develop. The current Rockets squad has time, years in fact.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

of course he wont coach...he wants to win on debut...:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

LOL... THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

Go Rockets Go!!!

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If I were a Laker fan I would be pissed. Bickerstaff has earned his chops and would be a great fit for that team. D'Antoni had difficulties with Carmelo in NY, and Kobe these days is a head case too. D'Antoni's and Kobe's egos could collide, forming a massive black hole. It might be the end of the universe. :)

5. mirus

mirus Member

Oh damn,I'm so hyped up about dantoni.
    Also looking 4ward to

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c99WSkhY6Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those asking about RGV preseason results: Vipers won Game 1 115-99. D-Mo 17 pts, 8-11 shooting, 7 rebs, 2 blocks.Machado 10 pts, 7 dimes</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/270327464381800448" data-datetime="2012-11-19T00:47:44+00:00">November 19, 2012</a></blockquote>

thought i share this

7. mirus

mirus Member

Not sure how he would manage Kobe(& Dwighty).Both to me seems to be a bigger head case than Melo.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thank you! And so D-Mo and Machado are stuck in limbo. Much to good for d-league and not quite good enough for the NBA.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

is Machado from Brazil?

10. mirus

mirus Member

yes.Dual nationality(US/Brazil)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Machado

Not sure if anyone confirm,Machado is starting for brazillian's bball team?

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Disagree. Kobe loves Dantoni has always respected him unlike Melo. Kobe will love Dantoni's system he will thrive in it. Melo also thrived in Dantoni's system in the Olympics & in his first season as a Knick particularly the Celtics series where he put up monster numbers. Players love MDA's system, Lin, LBJ, Kobe all called him a offensive genius which he is.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Brazil is a emerging economical powerhouse and population. He should have alot potential for a big fanbase if the Brazilian population can connect to his story, is NBA big in Brazil?

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Brazil is a emerging economical powerhouse and population. He should have alot potential for a big fanbase if the Brazilian population can connect to his story, is NBA big in Brazil?

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Looks like Bernie will be out of a job by tonight ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>D'Antoni on whether Bernie will make his staff: "yes, unless he loses this game."</p>&mdash; Larry Coon (@LarryCoon) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryCoon/status/270330614668988418" data-datetime="2012-11-19T01:00:15+00:00">November 19, 2012</a></blockquote>

15. mirus

mirus Member

i'm not a brazillian .There's a few posters here who are Brazillians. One thing for sure it isnt as big as their soccer .

16. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Kelvin Sampson said "Omer doesn't know if he's on foot or horseback half the time, so I'm not sure he knows what the Staples Center is," ... "I don't think that will bother our guys."

Just STFU.

17. mirus

mirus Member

18. just a word

just a word Member

This cracks me up, and is partly why I love Parsons, and think he might turn out to be a better Shane Battier. Kobe honestly doesn't give a crap about most rookies and it took YEARS (was it just last year? something like that) before he was willing to admit that Battier gave him trouble when Battier defended.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We can disagree. But if you see an event horizon out West running won't help. LOL

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

LOL , strange comment.