1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/31/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's unfortunate but JG has no bag. Sad to see from our #2 pick.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wonder how they find these people at basketball games that have never touched a ball in their life, who are somehow willing to shoot in front of thousands of people

It’s just not right, good people like Daniel payed hard earned money to watch the Lakers face a real team.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

**** it.

I didn’t want to be this bad again but might as well dream of getting a generational talent if we’re gonna suck ass.

4. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

WISH WE HAD DAN TONY

DeBeards, sirjesse, PWR and 2 others like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m just about at that point too. There’s nothing good coming from this as far as I can tell. Maybe it’s still too early with all these young guys, but it’s hard to see anything positive right now. It’s tough being patient when they look this clueless in every facet of the game.

Reeko likes this.
  6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

It's too late to fire Silas now. His mission will change back to tanking for the worst team this year. Fire him at the start of next year after we get Chet or Paolo

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I mean that's essentially what our whole offense is. How many times did Wood iso and drive into 4 people and get stripped and complained.

8. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

There’s no connective tissue in the starting lineup. We’ve got three guys who all go hero ball and aren’t that efficient and then two non spacers. I kind of wish they’d scrap trying to play defense and go all in on spacing and pace around the backcourt to see if it helped with driving lanes.

Some positives are Green just deciding to blow by people and get fouls. This will help keep his efficiency high when his shot isn’t falling. I’m hoping the next step in the process for him is to catch off the move and go. Stop hesitating and waiting for the screen and just be decisive. Seems he’s at his best then

KPJ isn’t a PG he doesn’t set the tempo and dribbles the air out of the ball. Multiple times where KPJ had a chance to get us in our sets faster when a laker was behind the play but he doesn’t take advantage of it. Aside from that his finishing has been nowhere near as good as last year. Wondering if it’s cause our spacing is ass with two bigs?

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He's REALLY offensive....he stinks!

PWR and PeterKingX like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd rather see Jalen handle the ball every possession if Silas isn't going to run an offense.

Instead we just got him sitting in the corner every possession doing nothing.

PeterKingX and James.B.H like this.
  11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

Thanks, TDD, I needed that.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen is bricking wide open 3s, getting clean picked when he handles the ball, what exactly do you want Silas to do?

On the other hand, the only semblance of offense flowing is when Sengun is in the game, Silas is not going to last for long if he doesn’t make this simple change.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

John laughing it up with AD with a drink in his hand…it’s time to put this man to work

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

People who were on the trade Wood train were ahead of the curve.

I apologize for not acknowledging your foresight.

PeterKingX likes this.
  15. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Member

I would like to see more Sengun and Garuba in 2nd half.

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

KPJ is trying to be Harden, he isn't remotely close to being talented enough to do that. Frankly nobody who isn't Harden is, so they should just ****ing stop trying. Bring back John ****ing Wall already.

BallaDoc and PeterKingX like this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We really paying Wall 40mil/year to enjoy smoothies on the sidelines.

Dude's living the life. Getting paid 40mil to watch us get torched nearly every game.

burlesk and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jalen green can't dribble though. He's better if he only dribbles once or twice on a straight line drive

I think Jalen should just drive to the hoop before the defense is set. He got freethrows every time he did that

BallaDoc, Ramo$e and Dobbizzle like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I've actually seen more at the playground, and I'm not even joking. We need to try someone else at the point, if there's no plays at least they'd be able to run a simple pick and roll and try to do SOMETHING that looks like basketball.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

“Young teams are bad”

Lazy take. Most of our young guys don’t even play lmao. Garuba, Jaygup, Armoni, and KJ get no minutes.

Even the vet lineup of DJ, EG, Nwaba, and Wood we throw out there looks garbage. And they were all here last year!

95% of people on here are in agreement but if you don’t see it at this point, it’s because you don’t want to.

Ramo$e and Dobbizzle like this.