1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 1/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2015.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

Harden 12 FG
    Rest of starters 10FG

2. calcium

calcium Member

McHale has to play Harden less minutes.

Who would have thought a loaded team like this would
    depend so much on 1 player.

This team is one injury away from disaster.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

who else can create?

4. krouchchocolate

Wouldn't need to create if we move the ball around. To me that's a coaching problem. No plays for us to run! I think everyone has gotten to the point where they are just relying on harden now.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I hope practice today is a 2hr layup drill. No one but Harden could make any last night.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I really don't understand why so many people on here is concerned about his minutes. The greatest Basketball player to ever play this game, Mr. Michael Jordan career average was 38.3. He played 3 seasons back to back logging 40 minutes a year. During his championship years (6) he logged nothing less than 37 minutes. I believe all the greats were logging 37 minutes plus a game during their careers. McHale and staff will not bring Harden minutes down period. Lol

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we been trying to master the pick. It only takes a few years.

8. count_dough-ku

It's partly coaching. But they need someone else who can break down the defense and get to the hoop. Who else besides Harden can reliably do that?

9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

exactly. we have WAY too many talented players to have the anemic offensive playbook we currently employ. We need to get rid of mchale fast while we still have this talent pool. We honestly should be in dynasty mode with type of roster.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

I understand the logic behind this, but you are saying it because we just beat the Lakers without him? That really doesn't prove anything this year

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

Ariza has shown signs of it in the past. Beverly as well. Josh Smith decides that jumpers are easier.

12. count_dough-ku

Ariza is not a very good finisher in traffic. Bev is ok at it(he did hit that driving bank shot against the Suns late), but that's a low percentage shot. And Smith can hit that baby hook, but unfortunately he loves the outside shot and when he drives to the hoop and leaves his feet, he's a turnover waiting to happen.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You need a coach for that.

14. anchel

anchel Member

Who else can penetrate and create besides Conley at Memphis? Who else besides Teague in Atlanta? Those players are not Harden neither, btw. But their coaches manage to practice good offensive bball with what they have.

Rockets don't have more slashers, but they do have more offensive options to create better shots, better offense.

15. count_dough-ku

Memphis has Udrih, Carter, and Lee. They can all create their own shot. Atlanta has Dennis "Ricky" Schroder backing up Teague. The Rockets made him look like a damn All-Star when the Hawks came to town last month.

The Rockets' best ballhandler and creator after Harden might be Josh Smith. That tells you how badly they need another playmaker on the roster.

16. Obito

Obito Member

For anyone that thinks that Harden isn't the MVP, I think it's HISTORIC that Harden has a bit less assists than Curry does even with how many times his teammates brick open shots.

Could you image if Harden was giving those open looks to a player like Klay or Green?

I think the way James is playing is unparalleled, in all seriousness he's been carrying the team since we stopped playing defense & the fact that we're 4th in the west right now should just not go without recognition.

He doesn't get recognition, not from ESPN, not from opposing fans, not even from fans on this board & it absolutely makes me sick. That's why when I see some posters around here salivating at the chance to sniff Curry's nut sack, it really ****ing irks me.

We truly aren't worthy & one day James will be gone & we'll be mediocre again. I then hope that you remember that while we had a superstar like Harden tearing up the league, you guys were too busy making shrines for players like Curry & Thompson instead.

Enjoy & support what you have.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Great post man. Would rep if I could. Harden is very quickly becoming my all time favorite Rockets player just behind Hakeem. What he is doing, seemingly all by himself, in the tough west is approaching ridiculous status.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Canaan?

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

These hoes ain't loyal

20. ipaman

ipaman Member

McHale is asking who that is, apparently he never heard of him...