1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 3/2/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

No it didn’t Russ got off a good shot. He didn’t make it. The same people criticizing Russ wouldn’t have said **** if Harden took the shot and missed. Russ isn’t a good 3 pt shooter but that middy is water.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You were just waiting for a loss weren't you, admit it?

But MDA really needs to expand rotation especially after a physically and emotionally taxing OT game vs. elite team.

No reason not to play Thabo or DMC, fresh legs would have helped.

PJ had nothing today.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

After seeing Ellington go off on us with the Wolves, Heat and now the Knicks, I can safely say that I have grown to hate Wayne Ellington. Some players just have it in for the Rockets, I guess *coreybrewer*

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Im mad at him for not playing Carrol. You want to put the loss on someone, put it on Russ and James, they were both terrible tonight. James especially, he blew a wide open layup.

5. Nook

Nook Member

He has been battling a leg and knee injury for nearly 2 months. I would not count on it fully healing until this summer. He is still really good just not 40 points a game good when he is this banged up.

HP3 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya that was a decent last second shot attempt. I don't know why people had issues with Westbrook getting that look.

7. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Typical Russ the guy who’s been carrying us the last 2 months misses a late shot and know it’s “ He shouldn’t have the ball” and “ MDA an idiot” smh

8. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Did anyone call James out for missing that layup? Russ made some big buckets at the end of the game. It’s funny watching cats on this board. Lol

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Plain and simple, James needs to take that shot. Ill take a step back 3 from Harden over a Russ mid ranger.

bro2044 likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

At least our 5th or 6th bad loss this season which I hate. That's said it's been a season of change for various reasons and I sort of feel these bad losses happens to those teams with a lot of change. May or may not matter at the end since west playoffs will be brutal regardless of seed.

11. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

For heaven sakes it’s not on them... idk the stats but if a team is down by 21 the chances they win a game must be <10%. You can’t let teams score at will in the paint and rebound after free throws attempts. This and the suns game defensively were the same

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but Pringles controls who plays. At the end of the day Harden played like ass but still got 39 mins of PT. Meanwhile Maclemore shot 50% but only got 6 attempts.

This is roster mgt which is in the control of the coach.

Rocket River and bro2044 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He has quick feet with his dribble moves. He doesn't have quick acceleration to break free from presses. It's pretty apparent dude. Hence why he is known for shoving defenders on in bound plays. He tends to be stationary while someone like Russ is going to sprint to a slot for the inbounder to get give him the ball

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are misremembering, that game was a dogfight. No quarter given by either team and better team won.

Tonight's game the Rockets used the same tired players and it showed.

15. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

I'm over the Gordon era...
    Trade him and his contract for a big 3/D wing...
    You can't close games with him being 6'3 and a trash rebounder.
    Thats why we are seeing more and more of House.

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm not having a go at Westbrook. I'm just saying in that situation, if we give the ball to Westbrook, the best he's going to get is a jump shot..... which he isn't that effective from. And a mid-range is not water for Westbrook. Most of his mid-range shots are like bank shots. Besides, his jump shot was very off tonight. Giving it to Harden would have made more sense. He knows how to get shooting fouls, he knows how to hit contested jump shots and he knows how to get open from a step back.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He has an elite first step. That's exactly what quick acceleration is, genius.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Westbrook was not money tonight.

bro2044 likes this.
  19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No, I would've said the same thing after the W against the Celtics. Harden is in no way known for being clutch, and while the Warriors 3 last year was badass, not only does he in no way have a plethora of game-winners/tying plays, there are none in the playoffs really, and many times he has been stuck dribbling the ball and not getting up a shot in time. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I cant imagine that there is much evidence.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea it is, they came out trying to coast. There were definitely shots Harden should have hit were he was Wide open. Both Russ and Harden didnt have great shooting games.

Also anytime Harden has Julius Randle or Taj Gibson on him, that should be a bucket.

roslolian likes this.