1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 11/14/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2013.

1. yummyhawtsauce

I think Lin will come off the Bench. Linsanity from the bench, NP. I would be happy with 15/6 50% shooting from lin. That's all I can really ask for in his current condition...but if he's too tired I'll understand lol

2. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

there is no D in Amare and Bargnani. ditto with Lala. slice and dice.

guards should attack the paint for an easy two or dropoff passes. perimeter players should be ready for the kickout since Bargnani can't rebound and Amare is done.

3. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Any update on Harden's status?

Better chance of winning with James...but I can't say it wouldn't be fun to watch Jeremy get the start again in MSG. His impact will probably be less exciting coming off the bench on reduced mins.

4. roadsign

roadsign Member

Second game of a B2B, they're gassed, AND they had to travel!

5. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Travel? NYC is like a 1.5 hour drive from Philly.

6. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

We should look forward to our three-point shooter to be hitting their shots tonight, last night Garcia was horrible from behind the arc, I know Garcia since his days with the Kings and I know that he can find his rhythm, and when he does it might be raining from downtown all game long.
    About Casspi, he was decent last night, but his percentages from the three-point line weren't very good, if I'm not mistaken he was 2-6, I expect him to reproduce his abilities from behind the arc in the preseason with the Rockets.
    I think when our 3 point shooters such as Garcia,Parsons Casspi and also Harden will get it going, this game will be an easy win because the Knicks are struggling this season as well.

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Garcia was still suffering from the aftereffects of the flu if I am not mistaken. Casspi too.

8. webattorney

webattorney Member

Philly is being coached well and playing near their max, while Houston is not being coached well and playing near 60% -- that's the difference IMO.

9. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

McHale goes with basically a 7 man rotation a game after a double OT game with the same people. Plus flu everywhere!

Last night's Thunder and Clippers game:

Scott Brooks(!) At least 9 with major minutes + 4 others with at least 5 minutes

Doc Rivers with at least 8 with major minutes + 3 others with at least 5 minutes + Barnes ejected.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Delfino and Douglas were better at this point last season

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I think you have to give Brewer and Brooks a shot. We are gassed.

12. yummyhawtsauce

Agreed. one positive for tomorrow is knicks also coming from a back to back. They played last night vs Hawks

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the team has potential to play better... .however Lin is probably playing at his max right now

14. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

aw c'mon.

these are grown fine specimens of healthy males. not like they caught bird flu or something. good grief.

Garcia sucked in the last play. Casspi became the friendly ghost.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, lots of support for our team here. :-/

I have faith. Really hope Harden is a go.

16. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

any chance MWP gives Harden a warm welcome?

[​IMG]

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

expecting Dwight to dominate with no Chandler inside

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Expectations are low for now, at least until we do something with Asik.

98-90 Knicks. Hope I'm wrong.

Yay for .500.

19. maczmina

maczmina Member

we need a great win and a great quality basketball

20. blackjeremylin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nyknicks">@nyknicks</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@JLin7</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SUBPLOT&amp;src=hash">#SUBPLOT</a> <a href="http://t.co/mLcfQOKpV5">pic.twitter.com/mLcfQOKpV5</a></p>&mdash; Black Jeremy Lin (@BlackJeremyLin) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlackJeremyLin/statuses/401084122090598400">November 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>