1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 4/9/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HCoog

HCoog Member

Chalk this up as a L
    To much power inside out for the kings
    Vlade Divac leads the way with 32

2. rocketsmetalspd

These next two games will be the type of games the Rockets tend to lose because everything has turned out the way the Rockets need it to be in order to gain the 2nd or 3rd spot. The team for some reason can not stand to have good fortune when it comes to over taking the Spurs in the standings and when they do over take them they lose the next game and go back down in the standings.

I hope they can bust the trend and win both games.

3. RocketDoc

RocketDoc Member

Historically I agree with you. We used to lost these games all the time. But since the TMac injury, we have only lost to ONE non-playoff team. The Suns. I like our chances tonight...and tomorrow night.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm worried about this one. Sacramento has been stepping it up against some Western Conference contenders lately (beating Denver, for example). We need to handle this game like we did Portland/Orlando and run them off the court by the start of the fourth quarter.

5. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

The fans of SacTown appreciate Artest, they arent going to boo and taunt him like the fans in Chi, Ind, Det. Sac fans have always been loyal to players that played hard for them, and Artest did, he didnt ask to be traded, he was even working on an extention with them up to a month before the trade.

6. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I will be there live! Thompson and Hawes both can shoot outside the key so may give Yao some fits.

7. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Rox have a penchant for losing to sh!++y teams like this. :(

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

wait, wat?

9. RocketDoc

RocketDoc Member

we've only lost to one non-playoff team since the TMac injury. And it was Phoenix.

10. KareemOlajuwon

You guys need to stop worrying so much. The Rockets can handle this team inside and out. Plus, Kevin Martin is injured.

Besides, our bench+Scola can beat the Kings alone. This should be a cakewalk. Yao scores 20 points by the half and rests for the rest of the game.

11. RocketDoc

RocketDoc Member

better question.

What will be the first set play we run tonight?

In the past few weeks we have done one of two things.

1) Immediately into Yao where he has obviously been told to turn and shoot. I am glad to see this. It just seems like everytime he starts taking his Aaron Brooks sized dribbles, he gets his pocket picked.

2) Go immediately into to Scola with the option of the post up, back picks for Yao to the top of the key, and a bunch of crazy motion and back picks that eventually end in Yao getting the ball on the block.

I am continually impressed with Adelman's ability to call a play out of a timeout...or in this case at the onset of the game. And I think it is about matchups whether or not we try to go into Yao first or Luis. Against Phoenix we went straight to Luis twice in a row...probably because he was being contested by Matt Barnes.

I think tonight you will see us hammering it to Yao...they really dont have an answer for 7'6"...but nobody really does.

12. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

no kevin martin, should be no problem

13. maverick6146

maverick6146 Member

James White in action tonight!

14. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

I really hope you are right haha I wanna see that dude throw down one of these:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8yHQ15TdHU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8yHQ15TdHU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

With the Spurs losing Ginobli, and I think they will bench Duncan the rest of the regular season because his knees are fuc*ed, we should be able to win the division if we can pull of these wins against god awful teams on the road.

15. bp_7778

bp_7778 Member

I hope the Rox don't get lulled into playing down to the competition. Coach says they seem to loose concentration at times and I hope they play the whole 48mins. I wouldn't mind seeing Deke get some minutes to get him ready for the playoffs. We need his defense and intimidation in the paint when Yao is on the bench. Gotta love the finger wagg!!!

16. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I think this is a beatdown. Rockets hammer the Kings and have a scrub-filled 4th quarter. I like us in a convincing 103-77 victory.

17. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

18. E-Man

E-Man Member

Must win to continue our goal ton win a Division title and claim the #2 or #3 spot in the West!!! ;)

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

was White activated?

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

control the pace and make it a slow down half court type game and we win easily. they cant match up with us in the half court. We're too big inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.