1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 4/8/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Was at the game...it was a joy to watch them live and whoop up on the kings.

2. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

Why 3 star for this game? I feel asleep after the half time.

3. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Went to the game tonight:

- Arco is freaking quiet. Kings fans make Rockets fans look rabid and intense.
    - Kings fans are terrible. They booed their team many times and many people starting taking off with like 5 minutes remaining in the game. Nets fans aren't even that callous.
    - Chuckwagon gave hugs to a few Rockets after the game and he embraced Dragic the longest (had some words).
    - I probably could have counted all the Rockets jerseys in the stands on both hands.
    - There are a lot of hot girls in Sacramento.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Over it. He is gone now...although I watch a few Kings games for nostalgia purposes.:p

Wish we kept Hill though...but slowly getting over it.

Did anyone see the Kings intro comparing T-Wil to Bird & Magic?

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

T-Will was an unrestricted free agent and it was clear he was NEVER going to play well in this offense. He needs the ball in his hands, he needs to be a go-to guy with the offense running through him. It didn't work having him on the floor with either Lowry or Dragic, who are both better players and both need the offense to run through them.

T-Will is playing well for the Kings because they're letting him play his brand of ISO ball. Jury's still out if he's actually good enough to warrant letting him ball-hog like a superstar.

Regardless, the man was pissed off at us for letting him ride the pine. He was never going to re-sign here no matter what. So even if he does become an all-star type player, I won't feel too bad about it.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Boykins was never going to get any minutes once Lowry got healthy, It happened a little sooner than I expected but it was inevitable.

He can't even be on the playoff roster. His sole purpose was to help us make the playoffs but with Lowry back what's the point in keeping him.

Fortson willl probably be out next year but at least we have him wrapped up if he should drastically improve over the off season. If not

7. Pete the Cheat

Hassan Whiteside: Impressive?

8. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Well to be fair....Nets are selling their tickets for 5 cents on stubhub. :grin:
    And isnt anything wrong with booing your team when they are not trying or if they are being horrible. I do it all the time. I wish fellow rockets fans follow suit. We deserve better.

As for the hot girls...you make me wanna visit there soon. Haha

9. mario713

mario713 Rookie

NO MARCUS MORRIS HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS GAME?? DIDNT HE SHOOT 100% IN THIS GAME?

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Probably some word of advice about leaving the Rockets for more money. I know it wasn't Chuck's fault but I bet he really misses the Rockets. We can't get players to come here but I think they miss us when they leave.

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He can't?? :confused: Why in the world didn't we get him sooner, what did we expect would happen if Lowry hadn't come back. That we could compete with Dragic and Fortson?? That's really ****ed up and another failure by Morey!!

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I'm wrong. I understand now he can play in the playoffs. I wasn't aware that rule only applied to players who had been released by at least one other NBA team this year.

The Rockets are Boykins first team this season so he can be included in the playoff roster. Under those circumstances I say keep him. He is nice insurance if someone does get injured and the price is right.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Exactly, I checked for myself and put it in the Earl Boykins appreciation thread. Let's hope the Rockets organisation also appreciates him which I doubt.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game also. The game wasn't very well attended, but I think that is because it was Easter Sunday. Last year, Arco Arena was full for the Rockets game and the Kings had a similar losing record. I was pretty impressed. Also, the Kings pretty much deserved the boos they were getting. How many freakin free throws did they miss?