1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/21/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2004.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did stephen a. just say we were 7th and in danger of slipping even further? did i miss where we slipped down into 7th? and am i imagining our 5 game lead in the loss column over all our nearest competitors?

are they gonna show a replay of what happened to steve?

how the hell did kentucky lose? i get home and find out i played some baseball and missed a one point take down of the number 1 overall seed.

2. teknokid

teknokid Member

Steve was getting mugged and didnt get a single call. Yao Ming always get mugged and never really get a fair call.
    I support Steve. Go Steve

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he'll get suspended for the Portland... it's not like that one is important or anything... oh wait, they're rising up the standings at the moment. Pure genius at work. I can't wait to read the first Steve Francis "ESPN and Jim Gray can kiss my @$$" quote in the paper tomorrow!

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ESPN is being pretty hypocritical and closed-minded right now... its not like it was a normal ending to a 1st half, and Steve decided to rant spontaneously...

They need to look at the CONTEXT... it doesn't excuse Steve completley, but it also doesn't put him completely at fault.

Steve was probably still in pain from the fall, doped up on his endogenous analgesics (the body's natural response to pain), and the last thing he wants to see is smarmy Jim Gray talking to him about his in-concieved 1st quarter techinical foul, and likely all the Super Bowl fiasco crap again.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

agreed. you shove a mic in an athletes face when you know he's pissed off (musberger's "lets see if he's up to it" comment showed he understood he was mad) and you've gotta think this is a possibility. why are locker room tirades allowed by not little blurbs on national tv? i know shaq got suspended (which was ridiculous) but he was at least reminded he was on nat'l tv.

edit: if shaq wasn't on nat'l tv, he was at least reminded it was live tv and he proceeded to say something else. of course, the way we get calls francis'll probably be suspended for the rest of the regular season.

#105 francis 4 prez, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  6. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Despite the language, I hope everyone sees why we need Francis to succeed.

7. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

with the way the fcc is cracking down it wont be a ridiculous suspension. The league does not have that kind of stuff there is kids watching this. Even if a kid can hear it all over you are not supposed to hear it there.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

EXACTLY! After the Pete Rose interview a few years ago, I offically hate this guy.

For those who dont know, right before he went to the locker room, Jim "I got to start some Sh.." Gray went up to him after he was arguing with a ref over a foul and he basically said the referees are "BS!" ala Shaq's comments a month ago.

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

One game.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Shaquille O'Neal was suspended one game without pay by the NBA on Monday, one day after using obscene language and publicly criticizing game officials during a television interview in Toronto.

10. Random.

Random. Member

Of course we slipped into 7th. All teams start tied for first place at the start of the season after all.

11. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

If Steve could grow up and quit whining about things the Rockets would be a heck of a lot better off.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The upside is maybe he'll get some calls in his favor after this. Lord knows he needs them.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You probably wrote this before the game, thinking it would make sense... but in this context, it doesn't.

While Steve typically forces shots, he has taken pretty much all good shots today, and he's even made a couple of these so-called drives you're hating him on... and he's been CLEARLY fouled on 3-4, and they haven't called ANY of them.

Also, its a pretty big assumption to say that he was faking that injury.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You show up the refs and you expect to get calls... not a chance

15. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

Stephen A Smith would make a great poster on this bbs, jumps to conclusions and doesnt support Francis.

16. Random.

Random. Member

This isn't true. We need a solid and consistent PG to suceed. Does Francis occasionally play well in bursts? Yes. But the 1-5 second quarter showed he is anything but consistent.

17. 12345

12345 Member

lol :D

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Back to the game... at one point, Rockets were +22 with Francis on the court, -10 without him.

19. teknokid

teknokid Member

wrong time to interview Steve.

20. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

It is not about money. I am sure SF knew roughly how much he would be fined, and he was willing to pay that much for ranting on TV. But he forgot he would be suspended. Therefore, not only he, but also the team, will be penalized. That is just stupid!
    BTW, was he hurt on that play? I don't think so, he got up on his feet, and run ok. But he stayed on floor for 20 seconds. This will only leave people the impression that he is a flopper and he won't benefit from that impression.