1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/21/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2004.

1. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Go Steve!

I love all the pontification from the ESPN announcers, Walton and especially Musberger, the worst, dumbest, least informed announcer I know of.

Calvin needs to get up and go b**** slap those fools.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He'll get fined... not sure on the suspension. I think, if I remember correctly, Shaq addressed David Stern directly and dropped a couple of f-bombs, but not sure. Steve will definitely get fined and coule get a 1-game suspension (like Shaq) as well.

Here's the thread from when Shaq did it.
    http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72344

3. Tyree

Tyree Member

didnt shaq do something like this at the end of their game? it was on cbs so there is a difference btwn cable/ regular tv...

4. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Very nice....very nice #3! Those smarts aren't just limited to the court. It's funny, someone said in the other thread that Steve would never get up if no one helped him...WOW, IT WAS TRUE!!

Maybe they didn't call it because he blew the wide open layup with that overdone finger-roll!!

wow

5. Random.

Random. Member

Well, he'll be suspended for that move. Not bright Stevie.

6. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

How much/what did Shaq get when he went on his f-bomb tirade?

Stuart

7. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Successful players do well in spite of the refs. You have to realize sometimes it will be 8 on 5. As oakley says...No excuses....you get bumped....bump back when the refs aren't looking if you feel you must, but don't get on the refs....

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good call on Jim Gray's part to interview him after he's pissed off.

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I blame that on Jim Grey.

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No joke.. how immature. Everytime Steve goes to the floor now, I can't help but laugh at how he can't get up unless someone comes and helps him up after reading Doc's thread. I bet he was lying on the floor waiting for someone to come by and help him out... I guess it was a good thing that Keith Jones was there or else he'd have been down until halftime.

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

F4P: Steve had a fastbreak opportunity that he missed because he was pushed from behind while in midair and landed hard on the floor. It was a no call that resulted in the Kings getting an easy two points off I believe Mike Bibby cherry picking on the other side of the court. Francis still laying down almost the whole time on the court while the Rockets had possession. Eventually he got up, but you could tell he was pissed.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, suspension coming...

What a jackass.

13. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Jack Nies (if I'm not mistaken) threw Drexler out of a game before the game had even started. So, yes, then can.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I believe it was on local LA TV, not national cable ESPN TV (which still gets more viewers, even though LA is quite big).

He'll get fined... but I believe the NBA will look at the context of what situation he was in (I mean, he was just PICKED UP OFF THE COURT... by Keith Jones).

15. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

Leads the league in technical fouls and then that. Way to get a day off Steve!

16. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

WTF why is ESPN still talking about this?!?!?!?!

**** ESPN. They're supposed to AVOID comments like this. **** YOU WALTON. **** YOU MUSBERGER. **** YOU STEPHEN A.. **** YOU FRAZIER.

I'm not accusing ESPN of being guilty of Francis' comments, but jumping to conclusion like that? 'Obviously he will be suspended'.

I have be EXTREMELY unimpressed by ESPN the past 2 years. I would have NEVER guessed NBA coverage could be worse than NBC.

17. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

What did he say?

18. birat

birat Member

I saw and heard that incident. ESPN guys said he'll surely get fined for that.

I didn't see what happened on that play but I'm gonna watch it again tonight.

19. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

If he gets suspended for that, it will be the most ridiculous suspension I've ever heard of. A fine, no more.

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Francis...tisk..tisk...

After the so call "no-foul call." He fell to the ground for a "hurt ego injury."
    He does that all the time when he's not getting the calls.

I wonder if Francis every thought it was "his play" that's at fault.
    He's constantly putting himself into "hard/forced shots."

I mean, just because you drive into the lane, get your shot blocked and then fall to the floor, doesn't mean that it was a foul. He puts himself in those situations all the time.

#100 DavidS, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2004