1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/21/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Classic Rockets meltdown- the season in a nutshell. With a guaranteed loss to Portland tomorrow, the Rockets have picked a fine time to choke. At this rate, even if they make the playoffs, they'll likely slip to the 8th seed, and play Sacramento.

This is just an awful, awful loss. The worst of the season by far. The way the Kings were playing, the Rockets had NO business losing tonight. It was a failure from top to bottom.

2. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Did everyone notice the nice lil', no wait, nice BIG ref swing in the 2nd half?

3. asianmasterdj

asianmasterdj Member

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's guaranteed we lose @POR tomorow when we just nearly won @SAC? Do you say this so you'll be happy if we don't make the playoffs? I don't get it from a Rockets fan...

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I hope JVG and every player criticize the refs in the post game interviews

I hope JVG and every player criticize the refs in the post game interviews!

This has to END! We are ripped a win again!
    I have never heard Yao publically criticize officiating once. This is time for him to stand up and say "this is BULL ****".
    This is time for JVG to come out and say "this is BULL ****".
    This is time for Rox fans to come out and say "this is BULL **** and we are going to boycott NBALP next season!"
    This is time for software geeks to floor Sterns' inbox with complaint emails and shut down the NBA web site.
    This is time for something dramatic to take place. We have to END this bull **** sooner or later.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

He is supposed to take that shot, coz normally the guy who can dribble, create, and shoot takes the last shot. Or who else would you suggest? JVG?

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

a nice eloquent first post...damn, he's my favorite poster already!;)

8. lalala902102001

Steve sucked big time in the 4th (like usual), but he's the second best player on the team tonight (Mo being the best).

The real reason for this loss is Yao's inability to do anything against a 40-year-old Vlade Divac. I don't know what happened to Yao but he looks like crap the last couple of games. This is his team now and he needs to show up in these games, otherwise we have no chance to compete against the better teams out there.

Damn, I thought we've turned the corner.

9. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

The Rox need a boss like Cuban. look at Divac's dirty hand always on yao ming's chest. look at the slim shrimple's BS call just make me sick,

I dont know if anyone have the same feeling like me. But I really really show my respect to SHAQ. he never play such dirty. trick things. as least, i never observate for my life.

10. birat

birat Member

My time to say this is 'bull sheeet'...

11. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

I missed all of the game except the last 16 seconds. I heard the Rockets were up by 17 points and that Ming fouled out. It's the first or second time ever that Ming fouled out in the NBA.

I don't care if the referee stink or they need eyes, not glasses. But losing a 17 point lead and then losing period is still bad.

Sure it's the best western conf. team at home and they got "homey" refs. But it's still a lost. Now 3 in a row going on 4???

If they lost to Portland then all bets are off for them making the playoff.

Too bad.

P.S. I tapes the whole game but I will not watch it since they lost and Ming fouled out.

P.S.S It seems people don't care as much now because I was able to get on the forum and I don't have th $$$ to contribution since I'm out of work now.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I did love Steve's hustle, energy and defense (at times) tonight, but I could pick out a handful of moments that drove me through the roof. The worst -- by far and away -- was the steal someone had, got it to Francis for a CLEAR 2-on-1 break with Mo Taylor. Taylor is on the far side for the clear slam .... an easy, easy dish will give us two easy points. Instead, Francis takes his man, moves the ball from right to left to get a look for a layin ... and missed it.

I just sat there with my jaw on the floor in complete awe of the disrespect shown to the Gods of Fundamental Basketball. They were completely insulted.

13. AGBee

AGBee Member

Not what I needed to start a new work week off with :mad:

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

not sure if i am speaking this right

why does Yao not get liking form the referees???

15. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Well, I guess it would have been a great shot had Mo Taylor, Clarence Weatherspoon, or even better, Mark Jackson had taken it, right? Wrong, because none of them can shoot the 3 either.

16. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Rox and the fans are like to silent lamb, letting bribed refs to scr3w us over and over again!
    If this happened in a soccer country, these crook refs are dead years ago.

17. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

the officiating was laughable.

[waltonism]other than watching a laker game, this is the most blatant favoring of 1 team against another that i have ever seen. [/waltonism]

18. birat

birat Member

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I still think JJ or inspector padgett should have got the ball for the shot

20. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member