1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 3/11/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Did Eric Gordon get injured? Oladipo said something about that in his interview.

Edit nvm now I see.....

2. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Hey, it's the only thing we have now, we are in this together.
    Clearly Rocket's management is not thinking about the on court product. The last 18 months have been the biggest destruction of value that I can't remember in the NBA. Including Philly's The process by our own Sam Hinkie.

The actual on court product is an embarrassment. I try to feel optimistic about some things, but we won't even be able to tell if Silas is a good coach. And no matter how much we lose, we are doing it for 52% of chances to keep our pick.

It's a challenge to tune in the games

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Harden must have some really phenomenal mojo to shield us from all these freak injuries for 9 years, CP3 aside. Yet another thing to miss from him. And now we can look forward to the ultimate embarrassment of getting our asses whupped by those damn Jazz who are now suddenly king of the mountain.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what's the story of them being close? Is it just a chat friendship, or do they workout, etc?
    Here's an interview from last year where KPJ sounds like he's never met James, or at least, never played pick-up with him.

And during the summer lock down seems like they probably didn't play either.
    Did they just meet this year? Because he became a Rocket, or before??

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I have watched his last several games and I don't see why folks are calling him the next great thing. He is a decent ball handler but his dribble is too high for an NBA point guard. He is a really good passer and decent shooter. I don't see the explosiveness he will need at the next level. If we get the top pick I hope we don't take him or trade the pick down a spot or two for one of the other guys.

s3ts likes this.
  6. pippsux

pippsux Member

Silas is not a good coach. He doesn't even know how to tank with dignity. There is a reason he has been an assistant for 20 years.

He must have been the cheapest option

:mad: This is the lowest point for me ever as a rockets fan

s3ts likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We never did find out what contract he received, did we?

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yup. Tanking with dignity is real too.

Kevin Martin, Dragic, Budinger ... Old-ass Scola trying to scoop ice cream... Those days are exponentially better than this.

pippsux likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think they played a bit & worked out a bit in LA a couple summers ago, when he was with USC and beardo was there back home

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not only is he not coming back in a month, his value did indeed get crushed for this deadline. But but but :rolleyes:

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

doesn't sound that way
    watch my video.
    KPJ taks about him like he's never met him

im confused

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is where i had read it. unfortunately the source (Akron Beacon Journal) site is not functional for me from europe so can't check it

https://heavy.com/sports/brooklyn-nets/james-harden-kevin-porter-jr-houston-rockets/

[According to the The Akron Beacon Journal, Porter said he trained with Harden during the summer of 2019. After they faced off for the first time in December 2019 — Porter was with the Cavs at the time, and Harden with the Rockets — Porter said Harden gave him a simple message.

″‘Just keep going,”’ Porter said Harden told him, per the Beacon Journal. “Me and him are very close. Definitely a big brother to me and one of my idols in the league.”]

heypartner likes this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

Prob peanuts

vlaurelio likes this.