1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 12/15/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

we would have 2 wins without Haren...

Just saying.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys want to see Harden become Steph Jordan while the rest of the team sucks, lol. He played well we were within range the coach kept Thornton out and Dwight sucked again that's pretty much what happened.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not sure if he is a Harden only fan but I am absolutely sure that you are a hater. That's the only way to explain how some of you can ignore the ****ty game Howard had and totally blame Harden, it's ridiculous, lol.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Pathetic season.

NBA gods getting payback for last year's lucky playoff run.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm not on that train at all. Though I agree -- there is a contingent of posters who insist that he is a cancer who can't do anything right. Then there are those like the guy I was responding to who make a habit of citing a stat line in isolation if you dare to level any criticism against him. Whether it's fair to him or not, this team rests almost exclusively on Harden's shoulders. It shouldn't have to be that way, but this is back to being a one-star team (at least in my opinion).

Games like last night just frustrate me because he's so capable of locking in and taking over a game, and when he does, the other guys usually ratchet up their focus/effort to match. This season though, it just seems like "too little too late" more often than not.

6. heads.up

heads.up Member

Sure Harden may have had an impressive stat line, but what worth is it when he gives it right back on defense? Not to mention the constant breakdowns in our defense due to his matador style on defense.

He has reverted to his 2013-2014 self, which is a damn shame.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden on the defense:&quot;We show spurts and we're not consistent and your not consistent there you go.&quot; Why? &quot;Good question.&quot;</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/677022706206769152">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Rockets two game losing streak, Sac shot 50.7 and Denver 51.2 percent from the field.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/677021378009108480">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There are many problems with this Rockets team and I don't think there is 1 specific root issue to fix it.

I am a BIG James Harden fan. I defend him. But, it saddens me to see his game regress this year. I feel he has take a step back in the "leadership" category and that has hurt the most.

I feel the team as a whole would respond better if Harden played better defense and inspired his teammates to do the same. That "inspiring" just isn't going on right now and when things get tough, the team cracks.

I want to see Harden get back to being a great "all around" player and think he can do that. He can turn it around. It might be too late for this season but not too late for the long haul.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^Says it's not one thing.. Blames James Harden, lol.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

The team looks so unmotivated and nobody really came back better. At the end of the day, your team improves as your players do as a unit. It's as if this team walked into the regular season thinking they could just play the exact same way previously and expect the same results. I expected a team who tasted the western conference finals to come back hungrier trying to take that final leap into the finals. That what true championship teams would do. However that's extremely difficult when there isn't a true leader on this team.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My point is it "starts" with James Harden, but doesn't END with James Harden. Which is why I wanted to point out from the outset that it isn't just one thing.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I very much agree. And in addition to the players, I feel we have to include the coaches as well. The team's offense needed to evolve and it hasn't.

1 person likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes: I am a Harden hater now? Because I cheer for the team over one single player? And btw I don't discuss Dwight because he is already GONE. Either traded or leaving. I discuss Harden because he's the one who the team is built around and will be built around for more years.

The leader of the team is Harden, he is the superstar not Dwight. And as the captain, and the superstar he is the one who the majority of the blame should be put on.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Looking at the Kings Roster on paper they are atrocious.....It's clear Howard is limited on purpose or talent is diminishing. ..

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't think there is going to be any magic this year. This team is WAY off and your main guys H&H are still playing with minimal effort and intensity even with a horrid start O don't think they will ever capture the needed mentality the rest of the year. They had a shot to fix this sinking ship when they were 12-12 but blew it.

16. chandlerbang21

Ignore SF3isBack he just biased and is trying to start a harden protection agency . everyone saw Dwight play limited minutes and was in foul trouble . harden got beat on backdoor cuts and he gave SAC easy points with turnovers. Stat line is not a true representation of what happened on the floor last night. Those that go straight to stats most likely didn't watch the game

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

James Harden is bad at defense we all know this. You act like I'm saying he's superman when really its that I don't expect him to be. You are clearly the biased one for whatever reason don't like Harden that's fine. As I have stated before Harden is not perfect but he is also not the problem on this team because he's always played bad defense and the only reason his fg% is down is because he started the season off cold but that has changed. Meanwhile, Dwight, Brewer, Lawson, and Terrance Jones are destroying this team and you guys are making it seem like Harden is the reason they suck.

Harden's defense is bad but you know what he scores 30 a game along with multiple assists and rebounds. He's not like he was last year but he is also not the culprit. We spend 20 million on an always injured big baby who can't post up, box out, or set a damn pick and me willing to admit that even though I'm a fan of his does not make me biased against him. The only way to win this argument is for you to somehow paint everyone who defends Harden as a HOF and it's just not true. When you try to blame the woes of a team on one guy the people who are defending him are not biased they just know that basketball is a team sport.

1 person likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Damn. Harden is the most inconsistent player of Rockets.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight's pansy self shares blame, but Harden deserves the most. He was the one bumpin about MVP all offseason... then delivered Pete Rose bet-level effort on one end of the floor.

Zero leadership from both players, true.