1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 12/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That could be the subtext on our #Pursuit slogan.

#Pursuit: All we have on our backs is the fight.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

harden went ham

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They'll probably make shirt out of it with "fight" on the back.

4. rockets13champs

Ok we survived with out dwight!!!

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>&quot;All we have on our backs is the fight.&quot;

Recap of the Rockets comeback win over Sacramento: <a href="http://t.co/Dgi4hnZtVX">http://t.co/Dgi4hnZtVX</a> <a href="http://t.co/HuTUujbwb1">pic.twitter.com/HuTUujbwb1</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/543306131964035072">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Watching the TnT broadcast, Kevin Harlan and Brent Barry were surprised at what Harden was doing--scoring, playmaking, rebounding, defending.

Hello media folks, he's been doing that since the beginning of the season.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Only watched the first half then had to go to bed.

James Harden....we are really lucky to have him.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets finally have "another" true superstar. These players can win championships. We have already seen it happen. With or without Dwight, build around Harden, he is the real deal.

9. Zbed

Zbed Member

The Beard is the man he is playing at such a high level plus he was still playing with back pain and fatigue from the GS game

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Harden has one more level that he can achieve. I don't think he is in his prime yet.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The ONLY knock i have on Harden from watching him play is sometimes he hesitates way too much on jumpers. He makes a great move then gives a little pump fake or waits to see what the defender is going to do and it leads to a contested jumper. I guess im saying sometimes he looks to draw a foul than to actually shoot the jumper. It's fine when he's going for layups cause thats a huge part of his game, but if he can get rid of that hesitation with jumpers he'd truly be unstoppable on offense.

12. bongman

bongman Member

Shouldn't that be tight instead? :)

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Can we get Grant Hill & Marv Albert for once??

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

Good to see TD3 make a couple 3s. He still has a pulse!

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hope this keeps up. I like Harden the sg, the one that moves without the ball.
    I hated Harden the pg. The one that waived picked offs because Iso ball.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One word to describe Harden last night. Epic.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I want C-Webb he's the most non-partisan of the lot

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I havent seen all around play like that from a Rockets player since McGrady his first season with the Rockets 10 years ago. And we all knew what a special talent McGrady was at the time (also around the same age as James is now). You could just tell there was no way he was going to allow the team to go 0-2 on the road trip.

I am sure Dwight is seeing this and any doubt he may have had in terms of James and him not stepping up in the playoffs last year is gone. We all know how in the games he has played this season Dwight has come out focused defensively and made an impact on the offensive end - now having two all nba players doing that - cant wait till the big fella is back on the court.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harlan did get excited when James tied the game. He also was in awe of him in OT. Harlan is a cool dude.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We're seeing less of those Harden 1-4 flat isos because the Rockets are picking up the pace in their halfcourt sets. Harden is attacking right away as when he shot that game-tying 3 pter with 8secs on the shotclock. Surprised everyone.

Bev and Terry are also handling the ball then passing off to Harden in the endgame. Garden of course continues to trust his shooters in the endgame with those crosscourt and kickouts.

Is there any player currently playing in the NBA more skilled at drive and kickout? I can't think of anyone else.