1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 12/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2014.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Haha, that guy is just mad because he has the human garbage, Josh Smith, on this team. I'm 100% positive that he's jealous Houston has Harden.

2. JazzLakerHater

Lol. :grin:

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

MVP!

Fear the Beard.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Damn, I didn't realize they were playing on TNT, so I figured League Pass would show the game again at midnight. I took nyqil at 3 and woke up at 11, woke up to my alarm 30 min before game, but figured I would catch the 12 replay....at 11ish I went to set it to record, realized my mistake and caught only the last 15 min of reg plus overtime.

Great win! Looking forward to the potential return of Howard. It is amazing what we have accomplished with so many men down. It's comparable to the 22 in a row team, but not quite -- they had a lot more scrubs and won 22 straight. But this team is fighting, and that is going to come in handy down the stretch and in the playoffs.

I feel like we now know how to win.

5. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

heh dumbass would **** himself if Harden came over to their team... just like every fan in the league i dont care who you are, Harden would be loved by any fan base!

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wrvi_hpKh0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_MRbqo0YEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1586 redhotrox, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  7. kemah

kemah Member

Harden is the franchise. Great performance on national TV. Bravo to the beard.

Morey done good.

8. alethios

alethios Member

The legend of the Beard was way hardcore.

9. CrashTheBoards

No lie. I have never seen a player take over the game and get to the basket at will like that outside of Jordan. I know it was a regular season game and MJ did this in the playoffs, but I have never seen someone do it at will like Harden. The step back jumpers and mid range game were also very nice and have really opened up his game.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hahaha, and they got Jeremy Lamb. LOL

11. JazzLakerHater

Have you ever heard of a guy named LeBron James? I love Harden and he's the MVP so far, but let's pump the brakes a tad bit.

12. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Though James won it late, we would not have been in a position to win that game if it were not for our defense. Its so easy to pack it in once your shot is not going down, but these guys understood that their defense would keep them in the game. Also props to the coaching staff, they keep plugging guys in and the scheme keeps working

1 person likes this.
  13. Hwon

Hwon Member

McHale still needs to manage the minutes better. Grinding Harden for wins is going to get costly down the road when late season fatigue sets.

Rather than simply letting foul trouble dictate the rotations there were opportunities to sit Dmo while Harden worked his magic and then rotating Dmo back in with a fresh guard and running more post plays. It likely would have saved Dmo some foul trouble when he wasn't getting touches and rested Harden while Dmo was doing work. This is especially effective if done when teams are in the bonus and the minutes get long due to trips to the charity stripe.

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It's a helluva task to manage minutes while trying to win a game with 5 players down.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. How soon some forget the handful of games Harden didn't even see the floor in the 4th quarter when our healthy team was blowing people out.

16. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

So are Howard and Canaan supposed to return Saturday?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Harden is averaging less minutes per game than last year even with all these injuries.

18. CrashTheBoards

I've never seen LeBron do it like Jordan either. Jordan took over the game so well and got to the rim at will because you couldn't give him an inch to shoot. I still see guys daring LeBron to shoot which makes it much harder for him to drive. Sometimes LeBron gets hot and makes them pay for it though.

Harden did it tonight. Sure, it was a regular season game against the Kings who are known to choke games away, but I will say what I saw tonight.

Kobe is the only player who came close. Tracy briefly showed some flashes as well. But Jordan has always been on another level when it came to getting to the basket and finishing any time he wanted.

19. CrashTheBoards

1. LeBron 13-8 in the EAST
    2. Melo 4-20 in the EAST
    3. Bosh 10-12 in the EAST
    ----
    4. Lowry a respectable 16-6. He is the only player I felt would have signed with us had we made him priority #1 and tried to sign him right away.

Houston 17-5 in the West and still winning games 3.5 starters out.

I bet the top 3 guys are seeing what an injured Houston team is accomplishing in a tough Western Conference, realizing how great Harden really is and they are thinking, damn, Houston sounds really good right now.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden: "All we have on our backs is the fight."

Wow! Memorable. I wonder who said that first? Sounds something that McHale would say. If it's a Harden original, then super-wow!