1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/16/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol @Spade knee tat.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I feel uncomfortable how easily people dismiss KPJ as not part of the core future (Green, Sengun, JC etc). People forget he's still only 21 and had discombobulated first 3 seasons, a lot from his own doing and a lot from Covid. People give up on him too easily.

My only concern with KPJ is whether he fits with Green. Right now it's difficult to determine if he's our pg of the future or SF wing scoring threat of the future.

Dobbizzle and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

I think there's a fair story behind the hesitancy that's been well documented. I think most of Rockets fans agree that KPJ has enough talent in the world. I think even those who won't put him in the Green/Sengun core are still rooting for him because he is easy to root for.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think some peoples lack of vision for the future is pathetic.

5. conquistador#11

6. TimDuncanDonaut

This is a fun stat but DGC cherry picking at the most umph-th degree. KPJ and efficiency, these two words sound weird together in a sentence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, 34to11 and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Put some god damn respect on his name

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Play of the Game!!!

hakeem94 and kiwirocketsfan like this.
  9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I do think he needs more time, but I think the team should be very cautious. I don't think he has earned the keys to the team, but it's clear the front office and coaches have given it to him. His on/off attitude is quite troublesome, and whilst it could mature over time, he honestly hasn't done enough to warrant the amount of focus that this team has given him.

That being said, he has played a lot better lately in comparison to most of the season. He needs much more consistency though between possessions, because he can hit a big 3 on one possession, then commit a really bad turnover in the next possession giving up easy points. I think he's best utilized as a 3, less ball dominance and more off-ball movement. He has a lot of physical gifts that would allow him to be a pretty good defender.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think a lot of players do step it up around the trade deadline, even if they are nailed on, thus is the hazard of being traded.

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I think some people thinking tanking as a winning strategy is even more pathetic. I'd much rather play to win and draft where we land (much like the Warriors did, who never tanked to the bottom of the league for their players) which has a much more proven track record of success. But sure, run with your loser ass b**** made mentality, that'll work.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. kiwirocketsfan

Love that play by Green so much.

34to11 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

15. j@amc

j@amc Member

It certainly wasn't Green's night. He was aggressive and got up 13 shots in 23 minutes. Made 3. Gobert was waiting for him at the rim, and the rest of the Jazz defense knew exactly how to play him. By contrast, Mathews was hot. Also nice to see the team grab 12 offensive boards against the Jazz.

Bobbythegreat and No Worries like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Imo that's all there is to it. Green had a bad game, others played hard and were hot. They rewarded those players who got the team back into the game.... and I think that was the right thing to do