1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/16/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I just don’t like the two of them on the floor together. I don’t know if it would be different with KPJ at the 3 or not, but I know I don’t like him at the point. I’m not ready to give up on him as a player, but I’m not sure where on the floor he should be playing at this point exactly.

vator, beardsanity713 and JayZ750 like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The efficient scoring from our two young star guards, KPJ and Mathews, helped the Rockets pick up another win.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

KPJ our best player?

Tfor3, DaDakota, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He still has a long way to go, he's a streaky rather than good shooter and he turns the ball over too much, but he's made decent progress this season.....and that's not to mention the progress he still needs to make from a maturity standpoint or when it comes to emotional stability.

He's still a very nice piece for the future.

jcmoon likes this.
  5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Silas previously staggered their minutes (against the Spurs). I do not understand why he only tried it for one game and went away from it.

Rocketeer likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I see we beat them without Bagley and Halliburton.

cheke64, jcmoon, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

This stance changes every other game, depending on who you ask.

He's either an untradeable franchise cornerstone, just a regular very tradeable asset or his ass should be run out of town asap for pennies on the dollar. Always changing.

jcmoon likes this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

No, he's been playing well precisely because the team hasn't been focusing on trying to make him play point every possession, or to orchestrate the offense. They're allowing him to be an aggressive, score-first offensive player, which is what he does well, and to allow him to get the ball out of his hands early when he's not or to have other guys bring the ball up and play point, even when he's on the court.

This is a development season, and I'm thinking through where KPJ fits long term. I don't think that's the PG role, and it's not because he's a bad scorer, it's because his handles are too sloppy and passing poor, especially when it comes to hitting guys in stride and finding the open man. As a pure offensive player, he's actually really good, and that's the role he should be able to focus on.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that has been the game plan all season. Hard to get consistency with it when players are in and out of the team often. Hopefully we can get a good run at it from now and get a consistent rotation going. His passing is actually not that bad. Would like to see more pick and rolls with Wood. he has been driving and dishing more lately.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

More dumb@$$ bias analysis to slander the other guards.

Eric shot 6/11 and your punching bag Green shot 6/10.

Normal Rocket fans would praise the team effort, u on the other hand just can't helpful yourself to continue to slander green even when he has a good game.

Some folks just can't call it as it is, but at least u r consistent with your anti Green takes.

#670 DatRocketFan, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    dragonwill, javal_lon and cbass like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we?

ElPigto and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The number of people actually acting like it's a bad thing we won a game in this thread is actually pathetic. Absolute garbage tier fake ass fans.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. PatBev

PatBev Member

If he continues to step up with hitting threes in close end of game situations, I’m willing to let him continue trying to play point throughout next season. He has shown over and over recently he is not scared in late game situations

14. xaos

xaos Member

fchowd0311, Plowman, vator and 4 others like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooters assist numbers are encouraging. His defensive effort is great even when the overall impact isnt. Still learning how to run the team and keep everyone involved and at the same time build chemistry with the new guys. Work in progress where patience will be rewarded.

Plowman, Dobbizzle and Bo6 like this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

17. VanityHalfBlack

Hell yah, get em dawg!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

He’s fine.

Definitely not a boo-boo boy. @DaDakota

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No kidding, that guy is BOB SURA CERTIFIED in toughness.

DD

sirjesse and Chasing_Chase like this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Y’all be talking all that ****