1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 5/6/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2018.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear that. Hope this win tonight can assuage some of your grief..

don grahamleone, Tfor3 and whiskeyred like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still can't believe they called double techs on that (and then a tech on D'Antoni). :D S-O-F-T.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Multiple consecutive blocks in a span of a few minutes can really take a toll on the other team. Not saying we wouldn't win without them, but Capela's domination in the paint killed whatever hopes they had on a comeback. Let's remember that absent a clear blow out, no victory is absolutely safe in the NBA.

#2183 Hakeemtheking, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's allowed to have a bad game every once in a while. The good news is he seems to play well every other game in this series(Games 1 & 3), so he'll be due for a great performance on Tuesday.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean its not even that,
    But you guys do it all the time though, it's like no one wants to let us enjoy this special team we have right now. And its kind of crazy to expect Harden to be like super amazing every game, every Superstar has moments in a series where they dont play well.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden didn’t play great but this a team game and if the Rox can pick each other up when one their stars have a bad night along with playing suffocating D the season is ours..

7. j@amc

j@amc Member

What was new from my perspective was how many below the rim blocks Capela got. That one on Gobert was priceless, but we’ve seen Clint make that kind of block. The blocks of scoop shots, however, that’s a great coaching adjustment.

And as far as whinning about fouls... the refs made everyone play through contact. I think we held our ground with active hands. This was a good, team win...Nice to see CP3 moving well on offense.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

So sorry.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

All of the vulgarity that comes out of the Jazz fans and they throw out Chris Paul’s brother......smdh

Tfor3, BigMaloe, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You said you wouldn't do two things and then proceeded to do them lol. Anyway, Honestly Im not worried about Harden he shows up more than anyone else even Chris Paul so far. At this point Im more worried about Gordon. We are not beating the Warriors without him.

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good thing is Harden will impact the games like a superstar more often than not. Rockets took both games in Utah....great TEAM this year....

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on league pass you get the arena view at timeouts. those jazz fans make the walmart meme pics look like normal people

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I think we will when the time is right. Walked by his bed and his treat jar a short time ago and couldn't help but breakdown again. Just hurts so much to see his things. He's watching over us just like he was when he was here. Goodnight and great win guys.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Of course. But the Warriors are not Utah. And Harden has a history of apathy and basically 'giving up' in big games. I hope you are right, but am nervous that if it gets difficult, we'll see 'bad Harden' come out.

15. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I'm just going to enjoy this game tonight, and not waste my time and talk about Golden State until we beat Utah in the 5th game back home!! Amazing team win! On too Tuesday night!

j@amc, Remlap, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Durant

Durant Member

great win, lets finish this series soon

17. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden was trash but he's carried us throughout the Playoffs. Don't overreact. I'm 99% sure he was gassed. These high intensity games are coming thick & fast in this round.

Tonight should be about Clint & CP3 not how bad James played.

18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I’m not nervous. I’m glad the Rockets got out of game 4 with a tough win. They overcame their first real adversity in a big way since game 2. This has been a battle test.

I believe the Rockets if healthy can beat the Warriors in the WCF. Gotta close out the Jazz Tues night first

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Anyone know what Harden was screaming over and over at Capela at the end?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, people seriously need to chill about Harden. How many bad games has he had this postseason? Game 2 against the T'Wolves. Game 2 against the Jazz. And the 2nd half tonight. That's 2 1/2 legitimately bad games out of 9. And the Rockets only lost one of those games thanks to other players stepping up.