1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/28/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2007.

1. m004378

m004378 Member

My bad, with all the respect i'd take the comparison back. Comparing JVG with those people is indeed a disgrace to them. :rolleyes:

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

Who cares. I have no idea why some ppl here like to visit other teams' forum/bbs.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Man, that game was humiliating last night. They just Jazzed all over the Rockets. They Jazzed all over their faces and then donkey punched them.

If the fans are losing heart, it's because when the Rockets won, they had to come back from behind down the stretch to win. The Jazz take big leads and then practically cruise to victory.

It's one thing to lose, but the way the Rockets lost these 2 games just makes you feel sick. I had to watch the game in the waiting room of an emercency room last night. It puts things in perspective, but it doesn't make the loss any worse.

In a playoff series, the opposing team studies you more than ever before and really works on your weaknesses. For example, the Jazz know that when Yao lowers the ball they can easily swipe it or if he takes time to get his fadeway jumper off, another player can come in and block him. It doesn't feel like the Rockets are picking up on any Jazz weaknesses.

I just hope JVG finds a way to straighten this out.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

did you read it? they're registering on here and posting.....all those noobs starting these threads could be jazz fans

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This post should be up in lights.....

BRILLIANT !!

DD

7. darkmanx79

darkmanx79 Member

T-Mac jumped the gun again and started talking quasi-smack, saying, "It's on me.." - the guy can't take too much pressure, and I'm not talking about his back - that is a another issue on its own. The Rockets seem to have lost that "fire" they had at home. Hopefully it comes back when we play next or it's over again for T-Mac.

McGrady needs to drive the damn ball and stop acting a like a female dog. Period. Why do we ALL keep shooting jumpers when they are not falling. The Jazz were attacking from everywhere. Inside, Outside, and Midrange. They outhustled us on every single play except for maybe 3 and those only came in the 1st quarter.

JVG - man this guy has got to go. He can't seem to motivate or call anything worthwhile. His ego seems to get in the way with players. It's not CD's fault. VSpan destroyed the US team, and all of a sudden JVG doesn't know how to use the guy? Come on...

...why is he only playing like 7 people? Put Span on Deron. Give the guy a chance. He let Lucas, and what happened besides his ego. Let McGrady come from double screens and that should free him up and get a few players lost in the mix. What the hell happened to Novak? Rafer needs to play smarter and just attack the basket - the guy used to be on the And1 team!! JHo needs to stop playing ball. He's a liability besides the 4 points he scores. Luther needs to benched unless he grows some cajones or BETTER - just make a shot. Didn't he miss a point blank layup yesterday? How can he be from the same school as Deron? Lucas does not need to even play. He's too small.

I don't understand what happened. I think we lost of our focus and must have thought that two games were all it takes to win the series. I dunno...let's hope we don't go for a repeat of a few years ago against the Mavs...

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

When the Jazz win, they kill us. When we win, we barely squeak by.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

I'm glad I stayed out of the garm last night. "I have lost confidence in Yao. He will not be a dominate player" ... "TMac is not a winner" ... etc. Bunch of trash being posted. One thing is to critique last night’s game and it's another thing to tear down our two franchise players when their supporting cast not showing up for the series have made their jobs 10X harder to do. All you T-Mac and Yao non - believers STAY OFF. You've lost faith in our two franchise players? Look in the mirror, who’s soft now? Don't even say I'm glad they proved me wrong ... not interested. When things were bad you showed your true colors. When it's time to eat crow, don't. With fans like you who needs enemies. I prefer the Jazz fans to you. Sickening.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh come off your high horse diddy !

It is one thing to be a fan, but it is another thing to realize that your team has holes or flaws and discuss them or vent frustrations about those issues.

This is a forum a place to TALK about the Rocks, good and bad......if you don't like what is said, than man up and present your counter argument.

But whining about passionate fans, people who care about the team, that is so 1990s....

If Tmac sucks, he is going to hear about it, just as he will hear the applause when he does well........

DD

11. Uprising

Uprising Member

My problem with our offense is we always seem to bring a second defender to Yao when we pass him the ball by having out PG standing too close to him in the corner.

And then I've never liked the pick and roll up top when TMAC has the ball. He has to run so much more when he always has to go around the big man who picks him.

Let TMAC take his man 1 on 1.

12. nxw6570

nxw6570 Member

I mean everyone is making the kind of money for a reason, they paid tons of money to the super stars and they want to see the outputs.

Of course, I definitely want to see our supporting cast play with their heart.

Again, let's see how our Rockets response tomorrow when they are torched like this, and we will have an idea if we should still have any hope for this team to be a champion.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

Next time DaDakota READ. Where did I say people couldn't discuss the holes or flaws of our team? I said don't tear down our two franchise players. Last night those posters who tore them down lost faith. How they feel this morning who knows but the belief in them shouldn't be dependent on a change in fortune like it is. Saying TMac needs to do more to get to the basket is discussing, calling him a loser is tearing him down. Saying Yao needs to draw more fouls is discussing, saying he is soft is tearing him down. Don't take out your frustrations with people in the past calling you out on your whining with my post. Because I wasn't doing that.

14. solid

solid Member

I have NEVER been as disappointed in a sports team as I am with the Rockets right now, not even the Oilers who let the Bills with a reserve qb stage the biggest comeback in NFL playoff history. That was pretty disappointing, but this is worse. The team plays 82 games to get to the playoffs and instead of elevating their game, which is standard operating procedure, they go the opposite direction.

They not only look incompetent, TMac looks like he doesn't care. The whole team looks like they are anxous for the offseason. I am utterly shocked at the level of their play and the cavalier attitude expressed by some the players especially TMac. I am not sure that even winning this series will make me feel the same about them. Win, lose, or draw, I want a new team: new players and a new coach for 07-08. Losing is not the issue, I want players who give their all, never quit, and fight to the bitter end. I want players who care as much as the fans, who want it, bad and are willing to leave it all on the court. I love guts, heart, and determination. Eighty-two games and then this, inexcusable.

15. nxw6570

nxw6570 Member

Our rockets should quit playing, and start to FIGHT, like Iverson, like Kobe or even like dirty Harpering, we are in a battle zone and the code is RED, RED.

If we have any of these guys, we can sweep this Jazzs easily.

16. TBar

TBar Member

What are you doing calling me out??? You prefer the Jazz fans to me? Eating crow? I want the Rockets to win!! My words are encouragement not to give up. I believe we can still win.

I will be there at Game 5 in Sect 410......

Go Rockets!!!!!!

17. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

TBar I wasn't calling you out. I agree with you. I'll be at the game tomorrow, Sect. 402. Chanting and raising both my hands with every parade to the free throw line by our players as support.

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

[​IMG]

Inspector McGrady

19. YOF01

YOF01 Member

Its not up to T-Mac, its up to the ref crew. :p Btw, does anyone know if it is going to be the ref crew from the first game or the one from last game for tomorrow's game?

20. YOF01

YOF01 Member

I still think that Yao tried and cared very much. Just too much out of his comfortable zone. Too many turn overs, although half thanks to the refs. But he sure tried. A little bit slow footed, but sure fighted. I think that for both Rockets and Lakers benifit, Rockets should trade Yao to Lakers for Odom plus some one else (not Walton though), since T-Mack is not tradable if Rockets lose this series. And fire JVG also, so stubborn and so limited, although a decent knowledgable older school coach.