1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/28/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2007.

1. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

sigh, Yao is very frustrating to watch. He is what he is--a (very) slow 7'6'' big man with less than normal balance that can't jump but can make a few jump shots from time to time. Definitely not a franchise player.

2. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Here's the thing that sickens me. If Yao thinks that people think that he needs to dunk so he can be tougher, he's wrong. Yao needs to understand that the probability of scoring from a dunk is greater than the probability of making a layup or finger roll. If he thinks it's just about being tougher, he doesn't get it. I could care less about what people think about his toughness. Yao should dunk not because it sends a message or makes him look tougher, IT'S AN EASIER SHOT!

The dunk is such a unique shot, as you don't have to release the ball from your hand to put the ball in the basket. There is ZERO separation from the hand in the ball in a dunk shot. It's easy! So do it!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Best of 3....

DD

4. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Two things that can instantly improve the offense:

1. Better spacing
    2. More off the ball movement

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets64, thanks for agreeing with me.

Question: Would the Triangle offense do both of that for us? I know we don't right now have the players to drive to the hoop to really run it effectively, but would it?

6. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Remeber when we and the Rockets said it did not matter if we had home court or not...well thank God that we do have it!

7. albert57d

albert57d Member

WHAT THE $#@% !!! Check the box score

----2ptfg_---3pts---ft
    Yao-- 8-15---0-0---4-4
    Tmac-6-18---1-3--5-6
    RAFTER 5-14--2--7

Why the $#@% does Rafter take 21 shots compared to just 15 (17 if you consider ft ) for Yao when Rafter is shooting WORSE than TMAC !!!

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

why couldn't Battier guard Deron, please explain, I reckon he is our best option, he has guarded Wade, Kobe etc, surely he could do a better job on Deron than Reefer

9. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Well, at least we made the playoffs this year.

OK I have just decided to stop the negativity and go into super positive mode.

Please, everyone remember most of you voted WE WOULD WIN THIS SERIES IN SIX GAMES. Why would you vote like that unless you expected the Rockets to split the first four games? I know the Rockets really sucked at Utah, but give them some credit, they are one of the best home teams in the NBA.

These losses were good, perhaps TMac will finally snap out of Cocky Playoff mode.

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Then, who Rafer was going to guard?

11. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Because we played 4 crappy games so far. Utah looks like they could actually steal a game here where as we look clueless in Utah.

12. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Rafer only took 14 shots. The 7 3-pointers he took is factored into his 14 shot attempts.

13. tang0

tang0 Member

According to TMac, Yao is the supporting cast! LOL.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I was mad at that play of Yao too. So, I watched the replay.

You need to understand Yao doesnt has the jumping ability to dunk that ball. Yao needss to be in motion to dunk or he needs to gather himself and jump to dunk. That's a matter of fact. Yao got the offensive rebound and he didnt lower his arms or hands and went for a layup. That's the quickest moment he could do. If he tried to gather himself for a dunk, he need to lower his arms and the ball would probably get strip. There were 2 defenders around him.

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So r we Ugly in Utah?

16. tang0

tang0 Member

The dunk is such a unique shot, as you don't have to release the ball from your hand to put the ball in the basket. There is ZERO separation from the hand in the ball in a dunk shot. It's easy! So do it![/QUOTE]

Don't the coaches teach that after 5 years. I think Yao is in the NBA to make friends. Friendship above winning and dunking is not polite as it humiliates your opponents. Man, what rubbish! By the time Yao's career is over he would have been blocked at least once by every player who ever played against him trying to lay one up.

The tallest man in NBA playing like a midget.

17. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

its look very bad for now even if we gonna finnaly past utha its not gonna be enough for nothing in the next round...

i wish we just past utha someway...

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The one thing I keep hearing that just eats away at me is all our players keep on saying...

"We weren't ready for their energy...they came out with a lot more fire than we expected and we didn't match it".

Jesus F'ing Christ! :mad: I wish just ONE of them would follow that up by explaining just what the hell they did expect. This is a Jazz team that is well known for putting up a fight from start to finish, they're coached by one of the best in the business, and they're playing in front of one of the loudest home crowds in the league.

WAKE THE HELL UP ALREADY and play like you give half a ****.

I can live with losing if the Rockets play their hardest. I really can. But what I've seen the last two games is completely unacceptable.

19. Madman George

Madman George Member

Like I said in another thread it's not Jvg's or the players fault. It's Utah fault for actually wanting and trying to win!!!

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Good Lord I hope that's sarcasm.