1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/14/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

That can't be the only thing you know
    ---
    Jazz or Spurs, whoever it is, bring it on. I really don't know what to think.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What's interesting Carlos Boozer is not so good now, I mean he is playing really worse than he was doing last year so I belive Scola shouldn't have problems with him.

The problem is Okur, he has been playing well, shooting the ball well.

And again, we HAVE TO contain Korver. This guys can shoot (only) but he sometimes can make unbelivable shots. Of course he ain't strong on defense.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

I have faith.

Our boys are up to the task.

We must win!!

Go Rockets!

4. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Just having adleman here makes me believe we can win it all...somehow. But I'll settle for a first round exit. If he manages to pull this one out for us...he definitely should be coach of the year even tho i dont think playoffs are considered for that

If we did play spurs though, I think the series will have scores like 85-80 so we wouldn't have to worry too much about tmac's usual 8-23 shooting, i don't think.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol this is the western conference. The 8th seed is as good as the first. At this point, most teams have their playoff spot secured, so they'll be looking for the best matchups. Every single western conference team would want to face us, so I won't be suprised if Utah tanked this game just so that they can still play us.

Thanks for correcting my mistakes btw.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

That's totally not true.

The Rockets can lose last 2 games and end up at #6.

The Suns can win out and end up at #5 OR top 4 if the Spurs and Rockets lose both games.

So many different scenarios to play out from 4 teams.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

actually I had that figured out as well. Suns do not own tie breaker with rockets. So if rockets win at least one game, so say we beat clippers, that is enough for us to clinch 5th seed.

SA might fall to six if suns win both of their last games and SA loses both of their last game, but again, that is another scenario when all these teams have played their next game. The Suns have to play GS and Portland.

You should do a bit of researching first (and reading) before you completely debunk my theory. All it takes is 1 lost for phoenix to be out of my equation. All it takes is Utah to stay where they are now to play us. Utah IMO will tank against us tomorrow so that they won't jump to third seed. If Utah jumps to third seed an suns lose a game, then SA can tank their last 2 games to play us. This is why Utah will probably lose against us.

This is also why I think we lost against Denver. If we beat denver, we will go to third seed. SA wants the fifth seed more than the third seed. Why? Suns are the natural enemies of SA and SA hasn't exactly be good against the Suns. I doubt they want to face Suns. Which also explains why the rockets and spurs were blew out on the same day by such a big margin. Coincidence? Too big IMO. We also don't want to be third seed because we probably have no chance of reaching first, and if we don't reach first we are forced to face phoenix, who we are also not too good against.

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

I'd like to see a game where BOTH teams are trying to tank - that would be hilarious... Triple overtime, both teams throwing interceptions, jacking up half-court shots.

What is the RULE on fould-outs? If one teams fouls out all but 4 players, what happens?... Do you have to play with 4 guys on the court????

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol I gotta see Utah Vs Spurs. Utah will wanna tank so they can play us, but Spurs will also tank so they can play us. None of these two teams want to be third and be playing the suns. It'll be fun to watch, all players on court will try to do their best impersonation of kobe bryant, 10-99 shooting.

10. flame

flame Member

You think a championship team cares about the 1 round as much as Rockets? You are so funny :D

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Its interesting, while its true in the last two playoffs we squandered the lead in the series, in actual games, I can think of very few times where we come from behind and win. I think, if anything, this team is better at front running, at the beginning of the season we choked a few leads away, but when they as of recently when they get a lead they tend to do a good job of protecting it. Check out our stats for wins when leading after three quarters.

12. Fang

Fang Rookie

It's simple. Spurs will technically lose the next 2. So tonight against Jazz:
    Win = end up at 3rd spot ,face 6th spot Spurs(Or Suns if they lose both Warriors and Blazers games @ home)
    Loss= end up at 5th spot ,face 4th spot Jazz w/o HCA( most likely)

13. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

It worked last time.....

I say under on a 20+ blowout to us......

*prays that this works......

14. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Member

I don't think the Spurs care who they play in the 1st round. Why should they? They're the defending champs and lets face it, are really, really good. In the postseason they really turn it up a notch. I don't think they have the fire to go all out during the regular season, and frankly, why should they?

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Playing 2nd night of a back to back and the current injury situation, this one could get ugly. Lets hope the bench players have a super night.

Jazz - 100
    Rockets - 82

But I still like our chances at home court against the Jazz with them plaing at SA and us against the LAC to close out the season.

16. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

ROTFLMAO!!! All this tank talk. Picture a bunch of games finishing with 35%- shooting and 70- pts all because teams are shuffling their deck to play us. With all that going on, we will end up having the option of who we play in the first round before we make the Clippers and decide whether to tank ourselves :D or go balls out ftw.

I think the Spurs really want the Suns in the first round.

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

I'm happy as long as your namesake, Hayes, is kept on the bench until we get a small lead. Anytime Stonehands Hayes is in the game and we're down, we're done.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

your theory is building castle in the air.

19. beatpole

beatpole Member

you guys remember the 2nd game of the season
    HOU@UTA
    tmac had his best game this season and now that is the 2nd last game
    maybe tmac can put up big numbers and i hope the defense will be better
    yao had only 13pts in that game
    scola can score that easily and landry has to play big
    and i hope bobby and BATTIER can play they are big parts of the team
    pls leave that shooting slump
    GO ROCKETS

20. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

well, this is it! our last important game unless we lose

we better win this game for HC

if we lose i'm going to be real sad...at least win it to give the fans hope..

don't play like in denver or i''ll start to believe we suck lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.